Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Whoa... weird!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:52 am 

http://www.neopets.com/process_adopt.phtml?pet_name=

weird. it says it costs 9mil. to adopt but there is no pet name... o_O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:58 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Perhaps if someone has a spare 9.7 million NPs lying around ... they could see what you get. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:17 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Wow. It use to be a lot less then that..like 30K or 300K..um..somewhere around there. :P

XenaAndGabrielle wrote:
Perhaps if someone has a spare 9.7 million NPs lying around ... they could see what you get. :)

Ask Adam..He has plenty of NP laying around. (The Neopets Adam..)

Set by WIS

Post subject: YAHOO SCAM!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:22 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

After two days of *fun* filled days of Band Camp 2005, I come back home and log into MSN to find a most curious new addition. I talked to her, and she said that she was with TNT, and she offered to make me a Jr. Staff Member, with the ability to freeze people, free paintbrushes, delete boards, ect.

Yeah, right.

So I decided to play along for a bit. They asked for my birthday and name, and of course I quickly made them up. Then, she told me to log on to this Yahoo account. Suspicious, no? What would Neopets want to do with THAT kind of thing? I only infuriated this person for a lovely 10 minutes before lying and saying I logged on to the Yahoo account. (she gave me the password). She then told me to change the password on that Yahoo account and change my e-mail on my Neopets account to that Yahoo account.

Now I may have no experience with Yahoo, but I went to their log-in page and saw that there was an option for forgetting your password/ID. At once I realized that it was obvious: they offer to make you staff member, do some non-suspicious things, tell you to log on to an e-mail address they just made, tell you change the password on that Y! Account so that it seems less supcious, tell you to change your Neo e-mail to that Yahoo e-mail account, and then they re-retrieve the password and then go to the Lost Password page to get Neopets to send that Yahoo account your password, and then... g'bye account.

WATCH OUT FOR THIS AT ALL COSTS!!! This also applies to AIM too. The person is mailto:hotdiles@hotmail.com - WATCH OUT!!! They have some very lame excuses, and backing them is hard, and they won't tell you their username for 'safety reasons', but really... look out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:27 am 

Did you mean to click new topic instead of reply?

Post subject: Re: YAHOO SCAM!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:32 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Tyrannitar wrote:
After two days of *fun* filled days of Band Camp 2005, I come back home and log into MSN to find a most curious new addition. I talked to her, and she said that she was with TNT, and she offered to make me a Jr. Staff Member, with the ability to freeze people, free paintbrushes, delete boards, ect.

Yeah, right.

So I decided to play along for a bit. They asked for my birthday and name, and of course I quickly made them up. Then, she told me to log on to this Yahoo account. Suspicious, no? What would Neopets want to do with THAT kind of thing? I only infuriated this person for a lovely 10 minutes before lying and saying I logged on to the Yahoo account. (she gave me the password). She then told me to change the password on that Yahoo account and change my e-mail on my Neopets account to that Yahoo account.

Now I may have no experience with Yahoo, but I went to their log-in page and saw that there was an option for forgetting your password/ID. At once I realized that it was obvious: they offer to make you staff member, do some non-suspicious things, tell you to log on to an e-mail address they just made, tell you change the password on that Y! Account so that it seems less supcious, tell you to change your Neo e-mail to that Yahoo e-mail account, and then they re-retrieve the password and then go to the Lost Password page to get Neopets to send that Yahoo account your password, and then... g'bye account.

WATCH OUT FOR THIS AT ALL COSTS!!! This also applies to AIM too. The person is mailto:hotdiles@hotmail.com - WATCH OUT!!! They have some very lame excuses, and backing them is hard, and they won't tell you their username for 'safety reasons', but really... look out!

Out of general curiosity, how does this relate with the topic?

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]