Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Transferring Pets - There should be an easier way!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:19 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

My sister and I were talking because I want to transfer my uni to her second account (she doesn't care about it anymore- she said I could have it) and I would make a gelert and I would zap it with the ray (my sister has it on her second account) until it turns into a cool color and put it on my main account. She said she would use her laptop and bring it in the same room with the computer I'm using and she would adopt it right after I put it in the pound. The only thing I'm afraid of is that there are those auto adopter programs people have been talking about and I'm afraid my pet will be snatched. I think TNT should have an option to give it to someone you trust, like being able to give it to a neofriend safely without the possibility of somebody you don't know taking it from you. :(

<3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:24 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I agree, but maybe TNT feels it would defeat the purpose of having pet color avatars, and Neopets in general, if everyone could just trade off to whomever they choose. It would make pets more objectified and expendable than they already are. They'd have to think of a system that wouldnt allow people to treat pets like a trading lot of 10 dung items or something. I know Id like to transfer some pets of mine to different accounts, but wont do it for fear of random people getting them.

Also, it would make it a lot easier for people to take a pet, zap it to something rare, give it to a friend, and do it again over and over without fear. Of course, this would greatly reduce p/b prices, which could do some amount of good, but it would also reduce the rarity and individuality of certain lab only pets. So if they were to implement some system like you mentioned, it would need a ton of safeguards, unless they actually didnt mind pets being treated like items.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:32 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I think it should just be more like, to be able to transfer it to a second account, not so much to your friends. They would know it was your second account if you used the same e-mail for it, or if you just changed the e-mail to the same for your main account so you could transfer it and then change it back afterwards. \

By the way, I agree with you on the paintbrush thing. Millions of NP for a paintbrush is completely ridiculous.

<3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:07 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Labbie, alot! of us have been saying we would like and have been asking for a way to transfer pets between our own accounts -- NOT to other people, as that would really up the scamming/selling potential.

Right now, if I could, I would make a new safe-keeping account just to transfer all but my battle pet to. That way, I could do quests and the stats would actually go to that pet. As it stands, I've stopped doing all quests because the stats never go to my battle pet.

Then, once I got him where I wanted him stat-wise, I would just transfer my other 3 pets back to my main and close that safe-keeping account.
Unless someday TNT decides to be uber nice and give stats to whatever your active pet is at the time you complete the quests :battar: I would certainly settle for that!

In the meantime, for people who do want to transfer a pet to one of their own accounts, it's very risky. And for me? Definitely not worth the risk of losing any of my precious pets.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:22 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

everconfused wrote:
Labbie, alot! of us have been saying we would like and have been asking for a way to transfer pets between our own accounts -- NOT to other people, as that would really up the scamming/selling potential.

Right now, if I could, I would make a new safe-keeping account just to transfer all but my battle pet to. That way, I could do quests and the stats would actually go to that pet. As it stands, I've stopped doing all quests because the stats never go to my battle pet.

Then, once I got him where I wanted him stat-wise, I would just transfer my other 3 pets back to my main and close that safe-keeping account.
Unless someday TNT decides to be uber nice and give stats to whatever your active pet is at the time you complete the quests :battar: I would certainly settle for that!

In the meantime, for people who do want to transfer a pet to one of their own accounts, it's very risky. And for me? Definitely not worth the risk of losing any of my precious pets.

The thing is, the pet I'm transferring is a plain color, and he hopefully won't be snatched up too quickly. My sister made a bunch of red unis on her second account and pounded them several days ago and they're still in there. I have a green uni, and he doesn't have the best name, and so if my sister and I are on two computers at once trying to get him, I think the odds are good. Hopefully it'll work, I don't want my poor pet to end up with some meanie. :(

<3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:34 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)

When I transferred my first pet - a plain, unpainted low (untrained) stat, no petpet attached pet, someone did grab her. I was heartbroken. She was the first pet I'd created, I'd lost that account (fake login page) and had gotten the account back. So sentimental value and we'd been through something together.

Now I was able to get her back, but it took a few days of neomail and the person did decide to try to scam me (make me pay for her). In the end, I was able to get her back. Unfortunately, it took (I think) me telling them that I was thinking of reporting them for trying to sell a pet -- not a threat or to coerce them to give her back, but because that is against the rules.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think TNT feel that if transfering pets was easier; it would make the selling of pets easier.

*shrug*

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:13 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Just use two browsers and do a transfer in 1 second.

Or if between two distant users, tell them the exact time that you'll drop the pet in the pound and they can be on that page through a link in less than 4 or 5 seconds. It's really not that hard once you get the link to adopt...

http://www.neopets.com/adopt.phtml?type=search

You type in the pet you want to adopt. Then it tells you it isn't available. Then abandon through another browser and refresh the page and click the picture of the pet to adopt. I lost a pet the first time I did this because I didn't realize I had to click the picture and got confused.

And what Inrun said is indeed TNT's reasoning as far as I know, and I agree with TNT completely.

My Mootix Drop guide here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:58 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I frankly see no reason people shouldn't be free to zap pets and give them away to their friends... don't look now, but tons of people do it already (including here: that's presumably where most of the pets on the Adoptions forum come from).

Leaving no way to make secure transfers doesn't stop people from giving pets away (and what's wrong with that, anyway?) or from selling pets (people do it now, and scam people in the process, too). It just means that people who want to move their pets from one account to another stand a large risk of losing them. Who does that benefit, except the jerks who go about trying to intercept people's transfers?

Duke of Earl:

It appears that people are now using auto-adopters to adopt rare and painted pets from the pound. At least, quite a few people on Neocolours have lost painted pets in transfers recently using the direct link (which is much, MUCH safer than the method you describe, BTW) while refreshing in multiple browser windows. Had to be some sort of program picking them up.

So really, I think TNT should spend less time worrying about a hypothetical increase in the number of people trying to sell pets and more time worrying about people using auto-adoptors (which is blatently against the T&C) and deliberately trying to intercept transfers (which isn't against the T&C but is downright mean and rotten thing to do.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:11 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

It'd be a good idea to make a PRO and CON list of bullet points. (Arguments for and against it that don't meander).

eg. PRO
Everyone does it already, but with alot of difficulty.
Blah blah

CON
Labbing and giving away rare pets blah blah
More blah blah

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]