Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: new news! -- 9/16
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:03 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

16th September

Part five of our Lost Desert plot has been released and things are not looking too rosy for Princess Amira and her city.

There is a new Mystery Pic competition. The answer to the last one was the Blumaroo - Garoo Elite Shopkeer Image. 326 people guessed the correct answer, earning 6,135 NP each.

Zafaras can now be painted Strawberry at the Rainbow Pool.

Well done Discomfort, you have just earned yourself this week's last Pet Spotlight award.
New Issue - The 12th issue of the Official Neopets Magazine is out now. Head to your nearest newsagent to pick up your copy.

For his dastardly deeds Jazan has earned his place in the Gallery of Evil.
These pretty Mooncake festival lanterns will illuminate your Neohome in style. Get yours at the Furniture Shop now!

This week's Neohome Spotlight award has been given to jellyrage, owner of 422386 Main Street, Neopia Central.
The latest issue of the Neopian Times is now live. Look out for great articles and stories such as Mightier than the Sword and What Neopets Do Behind Your Back.

These Mooncake Muffins look absolutely delicious, why don't you head to the Bakery to try one for yourself?

A new round of the Beauty Contest is about to begin.. Get ready to vote!
While the well to do in Neopia are relaxing after yesterday's grand event, some Neopets are left to clean up in this weekend's Caption Contest.

Another page of Testimonials has been added.
You can now learn how to draw a Kookith with our step-by-step Guide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:08 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I love those festival lanterns for the neohome. <3

ImageImageImageImage

On a side note, the fifth comic isn't uploaded yet and the Lost Desert is wiped. :(

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:42 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

:o

The lost desert is wiped. *panic!*
And still no sign of the comic ...

glorious set by neko.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:11 am 
PPT God
PPT God

http://www.neopets.com/desert/ldp/index.phtml

The fifth part of the comic IS up for me ... the link from the News page just directs you to the front page o.O

Though half the LD map is blank for me too xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:15 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I WANT those lanterns for my neohome! Actually, I want a few of them for my apt too :P

The LD map's been like that for a few hours now - I took a screenie of it, I thought it looked soooooo weird.

I was able to see all of the plot. But yes, the link in the news did take me to the front page, which confused the heck out of me for a minute. Especially since the site apparently had a hiccup and I'd been logged out a few minutes prior to that. (Yes, I changed my pass just in case).

Looks like war may be coming soon?

Oh, I know it's early, but Happy Harvest Moon Festival! I have moon cakes ready and waiting (went to Chinatown today), but the ones on the site look really yummy -- I want some of those too!

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:20 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

_jade_em_ wrote:
http://www.neopets.com/desert/ldp/index.phtml

The fifth part of the comic IS up for me ... the link from the News page just directs you to the front page o.O

...shows how slow I am.

Thanks for the link. :P

glorious set by neko.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:03 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

My family is celebrating the Mid-Autumn Harvest/Mooncake festival on Sunday. And whats this about Mooncake Muffins? They're just moonCAKES

I had to write a short piece for a class project about the ocasion so I might as well post if you want to hear:

Like Thanksgiving in the United States, the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival is a celebration of the Autumn harvest as well as a traditional time for family reunions.

The Mid-Autumn Festival falls on the 15th day (full moon) of the eighth month of the Chinese Lunar Calendar, and in 2005, this day falls on Sunday, September 18th of the western Gregorian Calendar.

Traditionally, family members will try to make it home for a reunion and enjoy mooncakes (whose round shape represents unity and harmony) together. In the days before modern transportation, family members who live or work far away (which could mean even just a couple of counties away) may find it difficult to make it home in time. So in order to be reunited on the night of the Mid-Autumn Festival, family members would gather outside under the stars to gaze at the moon while eating mooncakes. They would be comforted by the thought that no matter where their loved ones were in China (in another province or half way across the kingdom), they would all be gazing at the same moon, and thus be reunited.

In this day and age, when families are sometimes scattered all over the world, it’s not always possible to be reunited by gazing at the moon. For example, when it is night here in <a place> and we gaze at the moon, my grandparents half way around the world in <a place> cannot see the moon, because it is morning where they are.

Nevertheless, my family continues the tradition of eating mooncakes, gazing at the moon, and recounting the fairy tale of Zhang Her, a beautiful maiden who was banished to the moon for stealing magical pills of immortality. In order to be reunited with my grandparents nowadays, we simply call them long-distance on Skype (an instant messenger service)

Thank You for the set Water Ice Sage!

Last edited by Silentroar on Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:05 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

This really, really sucks
No more LD freebies for a while :(

The Shoyrus will prevail! Especially blue ones!

JEdwards22 is my main pet
JEdwards12, my labbing pet just changed back to a male! Celebrations :)

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:49 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Silentroar wrote:
My family is celebrating the Mid-Autumn Harvest/Mooncake festival on Sunday. And whats this about Mooncake Muffins? They're just moonCAKES

I had to write a short piece for a class project about the ocasion so I might as well post if you want to hear:

Like Thanksgiving in the United States, the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival is a celebration of the Autumn harvest as well as a traditional time for family reunions.

The Mid-Autumn Festival falls on the 15th day (full moon) of the eighth month of the Chinese Lunar Calendar, and in 2005, this day falls on Sunday, September 18th of the western Gregorian Calendar.

Traditionally, family members will try to make it home for a reunion and enjoy mooncakes (whose round shape represents unity and harmony) together. In the days before modern transportation, family members who live or work far away (which could mean even just a couple of counties away) may find it difficult to make it home in time. So in order to be reunited on the night of the Mid-Autumn Festival, family members would gather outside under the stars to gaze at the moon while eating mooncakes. They would be comforted by the thought that no matter where their loved ones were in China (in another province or half way across the kingdom), they would all be gazing at the same moon, and thus be reunited.

In this day and age, when families are sometimes scattered all over the world, it’s not always possible to be reunited by gazing at the moon. For example, when it is night here in <a place> and we gaze at the moon, my grandparents half way around the world in <a place> cannot see the moon, because it is morning where they are.

Nevertheless, my family continues the tradition of eating mooncakes, gazing at the moon, and recounting the fairy tale of Zhang Her, a beautiful maiden who was banished to the moon for stealing magical pills of immortality. In order to be reunited with my grandparents nowadays, we simply call them long-distance on Skype (an instant messenger service)

That's beautiful, Silentroar <3 I have to start that with my family!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:52 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Thank you and good luck. :) Celebration is on Sunday the 18th

Thank You for the set Water Ice Sage!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:23 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Shoyru-J wrote:
This really, really sucks
No more LD freebies for a while :(

I'm just glad Coltzan is still there. :D

glorious set by neko.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]