Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 8:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Frozen for having an Auto buyer????? how can this be???
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:42 pm 

Sorry to sound like your typical winey bog standard neouser whos been frozen and pleads the innocent case, but its true I tells ya.
I recently signed my boyfriends little brother up for an account. He's 9 years old but on an older account (because for a 9 year old he's pretty smart and knows a con when he see's one, he also really likes the trading post and didnt want to wait another 10 years or so to use it).
Anyways what I am becoming a winey bog standard neouser over is the fact this morning before school he was in tears, why? because he was frozen.
Apparently this was because he had used an Auto buyer.

He's 9 years old, he doesn't even know what an Auto Buyer is? he plays the shops and to be honest is pretty darn slow at buying anything worth anything and some how he was still frozen.

What should i do about this? is it worth my time email the staff?
I know their busy and his account was only worth about 25k, because like I said he's slow on the restock and just buys stuff from the trading post...
And will he/we be in trouble for setting him up with an account saying he's 19 years old, when hes um...10 years younger than that, but wanting to play the complete site.

Can anyone help me? my email is mailto:peterpurplefrog@hotmail.com.

Thank You

-N

*bohica*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:18 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I think they won't be that nice about it because you ied about his age. I don't think they have th limitations in case people get conned, it's to stop children from seeing things that children shouldn't be allowed to see, and it's illegal for neopets to let them take part in certain parts of the site.

ImageImage
Thanks Rachel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:33 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

You do realise with a quick fax (or snail mail which wouldn't take that long really) to neopets for parental permission he can have access to all the features?

Saying that I still haven't sent off one for our kid yet but he's younger so I'm waiting untill he plays it more :)

Still you should email them about the auto buying thing. Mention where you play the site. It could be that someone has got into the account one way or another?

http://alienaisha.blogspot.com
lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:34 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

They haven't given a clear reason, just made one up. Is there any way he could have been scammed?

Pssst. Don't tell them about my underage account. ;) Only a few months to go!

that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:38 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

jellyoflight wrote:
They haven't given a clear reason, just made one up. Is there any way he could have been scammed?

I don't want to sound whiney and annoying, but your going to be pretty peed off if Neopets gets shutdown because too many little kids were getting access to things they shouldn't.

ImageImage
Thanks Rachel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:46 pm 

I understand about the parental controls thing, we dont own a fax machine. and we're all uk users so for him to get permission to play it would cost about £1.50 via. post and take about 2 weeks if not longer. How many 9 year olds do you know who can wait that long lol.
esp. if he watches us 19 year olds having the time of our lives, wait. I dont think we could wait 2 weeks for the letter to arrive either.

Anyways I think I might mail them about the auto buyer thing.
I am pretty certain that he has not been scammed, because the rule is not to talk to other users, play auctions and many things like that, he's also not allowed on the boards.
The clear reason when I logged on as him, to make sure was that he had used an auto buyer. I thought that this possibility had been ruled out because of those new codes you had to type in. you know RY2 etc. when you buy stuff.

And anyways twinklyspangle, I will be pee'd off but not because my boyfriends brother plays, he is mature and plays just as well as us.
I dont believe there is anything on neopets he can see that he hasn't already seeing films like aliens and playing games like halo.
Infact I think he is more likely to see bad things, at sunday school.
I wouldn't have introduced him to the site otherwise, the site is a great place for people his age and I think we should give him a bit of credit, another thing I should note is that he rarely plays the site without myself or my boyfriend watching over him.

-N

*bohica*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:49 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

twinklyspangle wrote:
jellyoflight wrote:

I don't want to sound whiney and annoying, but your going to be pretty peed off if Neopets gets shutdown because too many little kids were getting access to things they shouldn't.

I suppose so. But then, I think that the parents should determine what their children access *sigh*. Stupid parental laws thingys. :(

that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Neonstars wrote:
another thing I should note is that he rarely plays the site without myself or my boyfriend watching over him.
-N

Than why is his freezing such a mystery to you? Obviously he was playing when either you guys weren't paying attention or he was playing on his own. He must've done something by accident--after all, he is only 9--which triggered his freezing.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Neonstars wrote:
I understand about the parental controls thing, we dont own a fax machine. and we're all uk users so for him to get permission to play it would cost about £1.50 via. post and take about 2 weeks if not longer. How many 9 year olds do you know who can wait that long lol.
esp. if he watches us 19 year olds having the time of our lives, wait. I dont think we could wait 2 weeks for the letter to arrive either.

Anyways I think I might mail them about the auto buyer thing.
I am pretty certain that he has not been scammed, because the rule is not to talk to other users, play auctions and many things like that, he's also not allowed on the boards.
The clear reason when I logged on as him, to make sure was that he had used an auto buyer. I thought that this possibility had been ruled out because of those new codes you had to type in. you know RY2 etc. when you buy stuff.

And anyways twinklyspangle, I will be pee'd off but not because my boyfriends brother plays, he is mature and plays just as well as us.
I dont believe there is anything on neopets he can see that he hasn't already seeing films like aliens and playing games like halo.
Infact I think he is more likely to see bad things, at sunday school.
I wouldn't have introduced him to the site otherwise, the site is a great place for people his age and I think we should give him a bit of credit, another thing I should note is that he rarely plays the site without myself or my boyfriend watching over him.

-N

The point is, it's not about the maturity of your brother or whoever, it's about the legal implications of Neopets not having parental permission from someone responable for him. They arn't doing it for their own good you know, it's because the law forces them to. I'm not wanting to row about it, seriously, I just wanted to put my point across.

ImageImage
Thanks Rachel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:54 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I am aware of the cost. And some librarys have a fax machine you can use. Ask arround.

But to be honest in the long run he's going to be worse off getting frozen.

And about the site getting shut down due to kids getting access to what they shouldn't. I totally think it's up to the parent to supervise internet activity with children. If they have a child and there are things they want to limet them from seeing then they should install software to set bars from signing up to anything online as well as having the computer where they can see what the child is doing. It infuriates me when parents complain that their kids have been on bad sites and talk to random people in chats when they allow them to go online unsupervised.

I seriously don't think they would shut down the site due to that anyway. It's been going on all the time neopets has been going for. Children are allways naturally going to be curious.

Re: Bad things. I think twinklyspangle is refering to the message boards. They can contain links to things that shock even me. So don't pressume otherwise.

http://alienaisha.blogspot.com
lol

Post subject: you're not the only one
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:44 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I was frozen for "using an autobuyer" too, which is not true. Waiting for neopets reply now......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:54 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

twinklyspangle wrote:
I think they won't be that nice about it because you ied about his age. I don't think they have th limitations in case people get conned, it's to stop children from seeing things that children shouldn't be allowed to see, and it's illegal for neopets to let them take part in certain parts of the site.

yeah, you DID lie about his age, but try to keep that out if possible :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:04 pm 

maruka...finally someone who is talking to me about the actual point of my post. I am writing to neopets as we speak. (lol I didnt sooner because my bf's younger brother was hovering about, I do so hate writing about him when he does that).
untouchable dragon... um, thanks for the adivce.

Anyways I am sorry to sound like I was starting a row. I understand fully the implications of having younger children on the site without parents watching and how neopets can get done for their child being on and seeing 'uncensored things' if the parents complain about this.

But I do whole heartedly agree that they should also have been monitering what their son goes visits (which we do), we also have AOL here with a mad parental lock so its keep tabs on him even while we scoot off for a brief wee(toilet break).
Another thing of note for Ammer is that he never plays without me or my bf somewhere close at hand, he plays mostly games and the trading post because they're 'cool'
He is curious but if you threaten a 9 year old with 10 minuets off his bed time (9pm) or a whole day without the internet if he is caught on the neo boards then he daren't.

-N

*bohica*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:09 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'd just miss out the fact you lied about his age in the email. Just say he's 19 or whatever... If he didn't do anything wrong, then I don't see why he shouldn't get unfrozen :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:19 pm 

I have done Mizzy. Hopefully this willg et sorted.
I thought you couldn't even use Auto-Buyers due to those codes they put in, and yesterday the codes were changed to include numbers.

It just seems like a bit of a coincidence, that somethign changes witht he site, it has problems for a bit and people get frozen.

*bohica*

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next