Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: UGHH: The Owner of this shop has been frozen
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:07 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Hi everyone,

I think I am cursed on neopets.

I was looking on the wiz for some neodeck cards and came across a card we wanted that was well priced ( nothing outrageous or anything like that,) Anyway, I went to the users shop bought that card, noticed they had others so bought about 20 more.. and a few other things ..

Went away to play a game.. came back and was putting the cards into the neodeck with the girls... then happened to click back onto the shop, ( page was still loaded) and UGHH I get this message:

THE OWNER OF THIS SHOP HAS BEEN FROZEN

So I am sitting here waiting again to be frozen again for unknowlingly buying things from someone that I thought was legit..

After last time ( when the very same thing happened to me in the trades ) Ive been that paranoid that I wont even buy codestones STILL after that duping thing, and now I go and innocently buy neodeck cards and AGAIN its happened.

I am sure I am cursed when it comes to neopets.. LOL..

So atm Im sitting here playing typing terror which isnt helping since Ive had words like "Froze" and "icicles" UGHH..

And I wonder how long it will be till I get logged out and see that sinking message "Your account has been frozen"

Has anyone ever had this happen where they bought things from a Users SHOP. ( not trades) and were frozen for it.?

Thanks so much.

SS:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:08 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I did that a few times before. Trust me nothing will heppen. :)

My Signature Was Too Bad =(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:33 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

i have boguth and traded with people who got frozen 5 minutes after i did it..never got frozen or even got a warning lettet from TNT..dont worry ..well if anything does happen go after Chakra :roll: ..he is the one that said nothing will happen.. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:06 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Well, you don't really know what is the circumstances that got him/her frozen. Don't worry :hug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:40 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Don't worry, I don't think anything will happen to you ... xP You're just expecting the very-improbable worse.

Eh, I don't think I've come across the same thing before. I don't usually go back to check a shop after I've bought from it ... o.O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:36 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Don't worry about it. If anything, we'll do our best to back you up :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:22 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

There's probably only a small chance the person cheated to get the items. Think about all the things a person can get frozen for. I'd say you probably have a very tiny chance of even getting a warning if even frozen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:42 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: New Jersey. The state we love to hate and hate to love.
I sure hope you don't get frozen.
But really, I don't think it will happen. So you bought an item? It wasn't the least bit your fault that the person you bought from was frozen. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:29 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Totally been through that. A few years ago I stumbled on a user's shop with bottled faeries and codestones and the like all for 1 NP. I bought as much as I could, but then hey got frozen. Nothing happened to me then.
(Well, actually, that account DID get frozen....but it was a good year afterwards, doubt the two were related.)

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:46 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I too have been frozen for buying from a shop that had alot of stuff cheaply priced. It is what i consider one of the most Unfair things Neopets. I was frozen about two years ago, I am still mad, even though I have a much betteraccount now.

I like some of you, Get paranoid when I come accross a shop that has things priced for very cheap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:50 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Thankyou everyone for your kind replies. :)

evilkitten wrote:
I too have been frozen for buying from a shop that had alot of stuff cheaply priced. It is what i consider one of the most Unfair things Neopets. I was frozen about two years ago, I am still mad, even though I have a much betteraccount now.

I like some of you, Get paranoid when I come accross a shop that has things priced for very cheap.

AFI_Sorrow wrote:
I sure hope you don't get frozen.
But really, I don't think it will happen. So you bought an item? It wasn't the least bit your fault that the person you bought from was frozen

It is exactly what I was frozen for about 4 weeks ago, I bought something from the trades ( not even sure which trade it was) and it turned out that the member I bought from had scammed the items from someone else unbeknown to me.

When I got the screen to say Id been frozen I didnt even know why. and was just in shock, Needless to say, TNT did tell me it was coz I bought from someone who had scammed others.

Heres what happened to me last time, a month back,

http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... ht=#405759

This instance on the wizard is almost the same except its not the trades. Ive done the very same thing, Ive unknowingly bought scammed items. ( assuming that this is the reason the shop was frozen. The account was a 48 monther with alot of trophies and painted pets, Im thinking it possible that it was hacked, but of course I dont know for sure, only that the items must have been priced cheap for some reason and the user was frozen soon after I bought them.

I agree EvilKitten , this would have to be the most unfairest thing on Neopets. How can anyone know where the things they are buying from in shops or trades come from in the first place. When it happened to me 4 weeks ago, I was unfrozen after 3 days, and I wrote back to TNT and asked what precautions I could take to prevent the same thing happening. Sadly there really isnt any...
Heres what they said...

Quote:
I have checked your trades and it seems that you were trading with someone that had previously scammed another user. I understand that this is absolutely beyond your control. I guess there really is nothing that you can do to safeguard your account by using the trading post.

So Im guessing the very same thing goes for using the shop wizard.

Ive emailed TNT... and kept the items all seperate for them, Im hoping that they will get the email before they decide to freeze my account.

Its just like those members who bought duped items without knowing, they too were frozen.. and yes this would have to be the most unfairest thing on Neopets, that a member can be frozen for unknowingly buying items that were scammed..

SS:)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]