Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Neoquest II (Split!)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:25 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

That looked like a good place to split it off ^_^

Previous thread: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63

In-Depth NeoQuest Guide: http://www.digifort.com/idnq/

Neoquest 2 Not-So-Newbie Guide: http://www.angeltowns2.com/members/lost ... guide.html (Thanks Alex!)

If you can think of any helpful links to put up here, please PM me! :)

Last edited by atomicblonde on Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:21 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:58 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I finally passed Neoquest II on Normal Mode!!!

I tried to play Neoquest I - but it was kinda generic. :P

Image - Set by Sapphire Faerie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:09 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Just beat zombrom at level 10 on insane =P I nailed him with blast potions and kept healing when he used decimate.

It's just not worth it to level up in the tower because the enemies will cause you to use up healing potions.

So I ran through and beat him and now I'm training right outside where I got mipsy ;)

Honk Honk Honk $#%#$% honk hooooonk.

- Honk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:38 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I'm having trouble in Ramtor's Tower. Those stupid demon Ggral things keep on killing mipsy. :(

I am in a state of SUPAH W00tNESS
Thanks for the neato set Kitten_Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:07 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

what level are your characters and what spells are you using for mipsy?

You may just need to level more and consider melee defense for mipsy.

- Honk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:34 am 

What level should I be to fight Terask I on normal? Right now I'm at level 58, and I was thinking about training until level 59. Should I bother going all the way up to 60 right now, or wait until I fight Terask II? This leveling is starting to get a bit dull (hence why I'll never do evil, let alone insane :)) I really don't want to take any chances at losing right now, so do you think I'll be alright at level 59? Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:03 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I think I was level 60 by the time I beat both the Pant Devils. If you can stand to level up, I'd suggest it, as it's easier on you.

Quote:
I'm having trouble in Ramtor's Tower. Those stupid demon Ggral things keep on killing mipsy.

If you're having trouble with the enemies in the area around the Boss, you're probably going to have trouble with the actual boss. What level are you? You should probably consider levelling up at least one more level.

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:04 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Im sorta new to NQ2.. I have Mipsy but I am wondering what skill point allocation are good for Rohane and Mipsy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:18 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Dag wrote:
Im sorta new to NQ2.. I have Mipsy but I am wondering what skill point allocation are good for Rohane and Mipsy?

For Rohane, I trained everything except combat focus and battle taunt. Critical Attacks and Damage Increase are more important, then work on the rest.
For Mipsy, I trained all except slowing and damage shields. First work on direct damage, then group damage and haste, and occasionally the last two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:21 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Thanks a lot, its very helpful! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:13 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Alex wrote:
I think I was level 60 by the time I beat both the Pant Devils. If you can stand to level up, I'd suggest it, as it's easier on you.

Meep. On Evil I was 56 and 57 for the two Pant Devils and 58 for Terask I. 60 for Terask I seems like a lot of extra slogging around for no real gain on Normal.

Quote:
Quote:
I'm having trouble in Ramtor's Tower. Those stupid demon Ggral things keep on killing mipsy.

If you're having trouble with the enemies in the area around the Boss, you're probably going to have trouble with the actual boss. What level are you? You should probably consider levelling up at least one more level.

Also, as a general rule you don't want to be underleveled at the end of chapters, as the monsters in the next chapter will be more difficult than the ones you've been facing. This is doubly true for Chapter 1, as you can't buy healing potions at the beginning of Chapter 2 until you've killed the first Chapter 2 boss, who's stronger than Ramtor and has stronger minions as well.

One rule of thumb I've heard is that you want to be around level 20 at the end of Chapter 1, 30 at the end of Chapter 2, 40 at the end of Chapter 3, and 50 at the end of Chapter 4. Of course that's not hard-and-fast, on Normal you can go lower and on Insane you may be higher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:26 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Ooohhh... I know I posted in the last NQII thread asking for a bit of advice and I kept meaning to come back and post but never had a whole lot of time to do so :( I'm here again now!

Anyways, I just wanted to thank all the other wonderful PPT members who are willing to share their wisdom and knowledge about NQII with those of us that are perhaps not quite as good at the game :D Thankyou and its very much appreciated!

It's helpful and supportive people like you that brought me to PPT months and months ago in the first place and keep me coming back :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:35 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

LOL Just after I posted I was in front of Ramtor and beat him easily :peace:

Now I'm about to face Kolvars (they should make a scared smily)

I am in a state of SUPAH W00tNESS
Thanks for the neato set Kitten_Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:42 pm 

I ended up getting everyone but Mipsy up to level 60, and Terask I was just a breeze to beat, had no trouble at all with him. Terask II was harder, but only because he took a long time to kill. He only healed twice, so it wasn't too bad. He also never really dished out too much damage, so when I finished everyone had full health, maybe I was just lucky :D

Thanks for the advice. I remember I started playing right when the game was released, and I was right up there with the pack until the end of chapter 3, then I got bored and quit for awhile, I finally came back and won, yay! Good luck to everyone who's playing right now, no matter what mode you're in!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:35 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

heh thanks. Right now I'm at seaside at level 19 and still training. The hardest part of insane mode is paying for the weapons/armor and potions X_X

- Honk

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next