Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:15 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

bdd1 wrote:
Banning accounts who have won the BC from ever entering again will b TOTALLY unfair, as 1. what if they want to enter another pet? And 2. what if they want to enter a picture that is better then the one before of their pet and see if it can win? I can see how tricky this topic is...

I didn't mean that. I meant broading the current ban, which lasts a few months. Right now it only applies to the winning pet, and I believe only to some of the winners... only first place winners, or people who win overall (as opposed to for species) or something like that.

Extending the ban to all trophy winners, or all pets on the same account, would spread the wealth around more. I can still see the argument that it takes away from the fun of people who enjoy the BC, but it might help with these massive voting machines that result in the same people winning over and over.

For that matter, I wouldn't say no to a ban on an AG winners, either... that after an AG win, they have to wait awhile before submitting another entry on that account. I mean, I like the AG and I was even doing reasonably well in it for a while (before TNT, apparently, decided never to accept anything from me again) but it is frustrating to see some of the same people in the AG over and over and over when equally good art gets rejected.

In any case, no one's suggesting keeping a pet who wins the BC from ever entering again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:42 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Why extend the ban for a whole account? Very few people have an account with pets of all the same species, so why should they the pets be blocked when they weren't the ones who won?

Special thanks to Joey from NNN for the sig!

Please keep your signature within the 400x100 px. limit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:01 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I think they should remove the pets name and the username until the contest ends. They should remove the beauty contest board to, just to make it harder for people to advertise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:02 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Like someone said earlier, I think they should remove the BC neoboard. That might cut down on people advertising and people could actually *gasp* LOOK at all the entries and vote for the one that is the most well done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:42 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

yes, just last week i found a NEOPETS WALLPAPER in it's unedited version, so ofcourse, i reported it. a couple day later i get this. <_<

Quote:
Hi! This message is to let you know that we are unable to investigate your art theft abuse report without a URL to the original artwork. Please include this URL when submitting your report in the future so we can investigate the matter fully. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:12 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

.. :lol:

simply removing the user/pet name from the "art" would stop much of this, and stop them from being linked (ie, you click on a tab button below the art, to get a larger image you click on it for a pop up) while not perfect (mine is the second to the right, middle row) it will certainly slow many down.
thrankly i wouldnt bother if i had to look, and while i may be the epitome of laziness most of the time, you should consider this: ive never begged for items or neopoints, inspite of my utter inability to restock or play games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:02 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Ok, I have only read the first two pages, but I will say my opinion for whatever it's worth. As someone who participates in the BC.

I think the beauty contest is a good idea, so it would be sad to see it go away. The contest origionally wasn't designed to be an art contest per say, but rather a contest to dress up your pet to see how beautiful you could make its image. You could either grab your pets image off the site or draw your own.

Of course the option to submit your own drawings allows for new opertunities probably unforseen to TNT. As a result it became an art contest for those who liked to submit their own work. (When this happened I don't know, not being around until last summer, but from the records seems to be about the year 2000)

This change I really enjoy, because it adds a new dimension to the contest. I don't have to dress my pets or make them look beautiful. I can enter my own art. But not everyone thinks of it as an art contest. You have some people who stick to the old ways by editing images, and those who take advantage of the advertising option over the artistic end.

What I wish could be done is to set up a new contest, like the beauty contest, but instead this would be an art contest that runs like the beauty contest, only that you _have_ to submit your own origional art. Anything taken from the site or stolen from other artists not accepted.

Yes I noticed the BC judges don't look at every entry before putting it in the BC. I once found a CaP of an Erie colored in ms paint that had a cigarette in its beak. Luckily it only got one vote. (probably by the artist)

And we do have sort of a guild about protecting true art vs Cap's and rips in the BC:
http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.pht ... lian_rogue

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3