Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:23 am 

Whats the Neopets image like the Bird o Paradise? Magic Player here ;) I'm curious

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:05 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

And I wouldn't call it copying really :P Magic took their card so they took one back ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:59 am 

hehe thats great I have to get me one of those ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:09 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

the_dog_god wrote:

And I wouldn't call it copying really :P Magic took their card so they took one back ;)

If only the Rainbow Pteri actually looked like that :/

Set by Hellyer :D Going to use all my set contest entries eventually!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:05 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Setekh wrote:
:roll:
same artists, no payback about it (and the sword of fire and ice came first, honestly!)

I've seen both cards, and I've been on the site long enough to know which came first. Fire and Ice Blade came out BEFORE the magic card. If you don't believe me, I was on neopets on BOTH the days they were released! But not only that, you said the cards were made months in advance, right? The Fire and Ice Blade was made two YEARS earlier, and last time I checked, two years is longer then a couple months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:16 am 

Somebody called this "copying" somewhere in here, I disagree I would rather term it as ingenious cross-promotion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:18 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: In my room listening to Hardcore Metal Christian music.
Opipeuter_Innconivus wrote:
Somebody called this "copying" somewhere in here, I disagree I would rather term it as ingenious cross-promotion.

We are so not using subliminal advertising to make you want to buy more of our cards. 0:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:19 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

You work for Magic or something? How do YOU know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:32 am 

^^^ ABout the subliminal advertisment I think he was making a joke :P

Still I think I know several Magic who knowing that a version of the bird of paradise (or BoP in Magic lingo) was in Neopets ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:22 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

bdd1 wrote:
Setekh wrote:
same artists, no payback about it (and the sword of fire and ice came first, honestly!)

I've seen both cards, and I've been on the site long enough to know which came first. Fire and Ice Blade came out BEFORE the magic card. If you don't believe me, I was on neopets on BOTH the days they were released! But not only that, you said the cards were made months in advance, right? The Fire and Ice Blade was made two YEARS earlier, and last time I checked, two years is longer then a couple months.

You're right, the Neopets item "Fire and Ice Blade" came out first. But the Darksteel swords (Sword of Fire and Ice & Sword of Light and Shadow) were released in the first part of 2004 and developed over a year prior. Most of the guys on the Magic development team work on the other TCGs as well, and in all honesty the Neopets TCG doesn't require the same amount of development dedication. When picking equipment off the site for the HatIC expansion, someone decided to use the artwork to imitate the Magic card. They had already done this with the "Pteri of Paradise" in the Mystery Island expansion.

Neopets TCG sales are nothing compared to Magic sales, and the cross-promotion boost was in hopes of drawing some Magic players into picking up the game. If sales don't improve (which I don't think will happen without a dedicated tournament system), the TCG will be axed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:01 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

EDIT'D! Now you can see it clearly:
OmniIcyshelf wrote:
This is probably the 50th time people have seen this, but:

"If you're lucky, I might just settle with eating your firstborn."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:02 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Dragonstar wrote:
You're right, the Neopets item "Fire and Ice Blade" came out first. But the Darksteel swords (Sword of Fire and Ice & Sword of Light and Shadow) were released in the first part of 2004 and developed over a year prior. Most of the guys on the Magic development team work on the other TCGs as well, and in all honesty the Neopets TCG doesn't require the same amount of development dedication. When picking equipment off the site for the HatIC expansion, someone decided to use the artwork to imitate the Magic card. They had already done this with the "Pteri of Paradise" in the Mystery Island expansion.

Neopets TCG sales are nothing compared to Magic sales, and the cross-promotion boost was in hopes of drawing some Magic players into picking up the game. If sales don't improve (which I don't think will happen without a dedicated tournament system), the TCG will be axed.

Uh... I WAS talking about the item! Not the card. Also, I'm starting to think the neopets TCG is just becoming a burden on the site and staff, I doubt they'll keep it either way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:17 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Setekh wrote:

Well then Sword of fire and ice must be really really old because the Neopets Fire and Ice blade has been around for at least three years...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Setekh wrote:

I think Adam means that the Fire and Ice Blade was on the site before it was a ####### in the artists eye. Partially because the artist haden't turned on his computer yet so he hadn't seen the weapon yet. But I do believe that Neo copied the pose to take the micky out of M: TG

ImageImage
Set - Sunnie
Blinkie - Chass
Left.
ALL HAIL XENU!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:47 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Guys, nobody is copying. :P

WotC is responsible for the Neopets TCG. They are also responsible for the Magic TGC. They can't copy themselves.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next