Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Is this allowed? [Lock Please]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:12 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Every day, I go into the pound, copy the pets name into the 'Search' box, see if it has a petpet, if it does, I adopt, remove petpet, put the pet back in the pound and sell the petpet. So far I've got:
Pepito
Airax
Tenna
Horus
Stego

BUT...is this allowed?!

Last edited by AlligatorHater on Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:19 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

It is, but it's not nice, rofl.

NEODRAMA || VAIN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:21 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I don't know why it's wouldn't be allowed, but if you have a good account...I wouldn't risk it. :)

Post subject:
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Heh, eeeexcellent /burns

Sure its not nice, but if you wanna make NP fast, you gotta play dirty :evil:

Post subject:

Technically, it is not allowed, but the rule is not enforced, really.

*goes to talk to the monitors* :roll: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

There hasn't been any rule about not doing this but I strongely suggest you don't. If you go through the Pound searching for Neopets with Petpets you're actually decreasing the chance of that Neopet to be adopted. Therefore more Neopets will be in the Pound and the Neopets which would've been adoped for Petpets are in there as well. I strongely suggest you stop.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:27 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I don't think it's *technically* against the TOS, but I know adopting a pet and then abandoning it immediately is discouraged by TNT. I suggest you stop doing it, or at least keeping the pet for a week, because sooner or later some mod is going to notice what you're doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:29 pm 

amarise wrote:
I don't think it's *technically* against the TOS, but I know adopting a pet and then abandoning it immediately is discouraged by TNT. I suggest you stop doing it, or at least keeping the pet for a week, because sooner or later some mod is going to notice what you're doing.

Already done. XD AlligatorHater, since this isn't really a *rule*, you can't be punished (not that I was going to do anything -- I'm a nice guy ;)), but I highly advise you and everyone else to, well... not. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:29 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

AlligatorHater wrote:
Heh, eeeexcellent /burns

Sure its not nice, but if you wanna make NP fast, you gotta play dirty :evil:

Why do you have to play dirty? And the focus of the game really isn't to just make np fast, or it shouldn't be. I know, with everything being so expensive these days it can be difficult to not get np focused.

Whether this is against the rules or not I don't really know. I'm sure if it's not specificially against the rules it is frowned on. I've adopted one pet who had a petpet attached, which I didn't know until after I adopted. That pet, over a year later, still has that petpet. Don't adopt and abandon just for a petpet.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:30 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

amarise wrote:

TheNeopetsTeam ices people who use technicalities against them. Why? o_O Who knows? Anyway, you can only abandon 1 pet a day (unless they changes that when I was gone)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Hehe I used to do that. But now I have 4 pets so I can't anymore... I think I got like a Selket, Warf (both of which I sent to my second account so my poor unpainted pets could at least have petpets) Wadjet, Abominable Snowball or two, Scarabug... I think that's it. What really bothered me after that was when I adopted a Lenny, its petpet was named "Thx4Adoptng[pet's name]" or something to that effect... heh. Felt very evil after that. But yeah, I don't think it's against the rules, but TNT can freeze for anything nowadays it seems. Continue at your own risk :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:48 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

As the others have said, even if it isn't completely against the rules it really isn't very nice. And, as someone has already pointed out, the point of neopets isn't to just make fast nps. You don't need to make a quick buck.

I don't know - you can do it if you want - but just remember Karma will come and bite you on the behind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:59 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

It isn't against the rules and I agree it isn't nice. There are too many pets in the pound for the wrong reasons. I adopted a korbat to use as a lab pet so someone can have a painted pet from here or a adoption guild when I'm finished. But the person who had abandoned the korbat had created him about an hour before abandoning him. He was on holiday for a month (still is on holiday). I don't know if people abandon pets bacause they don't like the stats or what.

As far as the petpets go, is it possible people may be transferring the pet and petpet from one account to another or to a friend, and your getting to the pet before they do? I had a friend transfer a pet to me and they left their petpet attatched by accident. I detatched the petpet and gave it back to them.

Image ImageImage
Set me. Proud owner of a very hyper Australian Shepherd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:03 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Sure, I know the point of Neo isn't really to make NP fast, but you could always look at it like this:

There's all these poor NeoPets in the pound, with poor petpets attached. Now these Neopets that are in the pound are weak, and don't stand out, they may have silly names, people will be reluctant to adopt them. Therefore, there are Petpets sitting in the pound, quite possibly never to be homed again. Until I come along. I rescue the Petpet from its fate, sell it to another owner, who can use this new found friend with ihs pet or in a gallery. Who's hurt? Quite possibly the poor Neopet who won't ever get noticed, but at least the poor unnoticeable Neopet isn't also hindering the chance of the Petpet to be homed.

So I guess you could say I'm a saviour. :P Or, someone that likes the quick bit of NP which can always be very handy. Of course, thats only one side to the story ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:09 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Then maybe you should start giving some of the neopets homes or find a way to make them MORE appealing (paint them, lab them or train them)to people instead of taking the one thing that would make them appealing to someone.

Image ImageImage
Set me. Proud owner of a very hyper Australian Shepherd.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next