For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Re: Trudy's Surprise (Slot Machine)!

Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:15 pm

I didn't make it to the computer before my previous time, but she was there at 6am NST.

Bad luck bonus: 21250. ??? - I'm only on day 8, and it's higher than the next set of days?

ETA:
Editorial wrote:This morning when the clock turned 00:00:00 nst I was very surprised to find Trudy's Slot Machine wasn't waiting on my account. I refreshed a couple times, but no slot machine. According to the FAQs it's s'posed to reset then. Has something changed? Is it now only available 24 hours later than when I last played? Thanks for clearing this up. ~ mistyraider
Hi! Trudy's Surprise is in fact intended to be every 24 hours, not necessarily at midnight! Sorry for the confusion, we'll be updating the FAQ's to make this clear!

Well, shoot. Tomorrow, I'm going to be away from my computer well before 6am NST....and not back until later in the day. This could make things dicey...

Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:41 am

I don't get how it can be every 24 hours and yet have a requirement that you visit every single, arbitrary 24-hour block. Those two concepts are incongruous.

Oh, well. I made mine at ~8:30 this morning (my time). I'll set an alarm for tomorrow so I can squeeze it in Sunday before having to go to church for a retreat. It'll be pushed back to mid-morning next week... Oh, well...

Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:00 am

Pickles wrote:I didn't make it to the computer before my previous time, but she was there at 6am NST.

Bad luck bonus: 21250. ??? - I'm only on day 8, and it's higher than the next set of days?

Hmmm, interesting Pickles. That is 250nps more than normal.

ETA:
Editorial wrote:This morning when the clock turned 00:00:00 nst I was very surprised to find Trudy's Slot Machine wasn't waiting on my account. I refreshed a couple times, but no slot machine. According to the FAQs it's s'posed to reset then. Has something changed? Is it now only available 24 hours later than when I last played? Thanks for clearing this up. ~ mistyraider
Hi! Trudy's Surprise is in fact intended to be every 24 hours, not necessarily at midnight! Sorry for the confusion, we'll be updating the FAQ's to make this clear!

I don't get how it can be every 24 hours and yet have a requirement that you visit every single, arbitrary 24-hour block. Those two concepts are incongruous.

I think that maybe JS (I no longer think of them as TNT), realised that too many nps were easily available for anyone that can log in once a day. Making in now a 24 hr cycle will make it much harder to complete a 25 day cycle.

Getting 100k on day 25 was easy before, now it will be a mission to get online at a decent time, so not to push the timing too far towards the end of the 24hr cycle.

~~~

Day 4 - 3 matching - 6500 Neopoints

Time check - 12.41 am.

Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:49 am

Ugh. If it really is 24 hours, then that will be much more difficult. Based on the last 25 days, it seems like the midnight reset was plausible. However, if it truly is 24 hours, then I agree. The next 100k will be difficult. Especially with a parental visit this upcoming week...

Today: 5k :)

Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:43 pm

At least Trudy's Surprise works on my phone -- assuming I'm somewhere that has WiFi. I'll keep getting it as early as I can, and hope I don't get pushed too late before day 25. If I find myself collecting late at night early in a cycle, I'll probably let it end rather than mess up my sleep cycle.

6k for me today.

Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:36 pm

Siniri wrote:I'll probably let it end rather than mess up my sleep cycle.

You said it, Siniri. Ditto for me. I think the late night work is finally done for a little while. Starting Monday, I finally have someone covering the night shift, which means there are more people to cover the evening shift, which means I can get home at a slightly more reasonable hour. That and the painting is 95% done. No more painting until 1am then sleeping 4 to 5 hours, and then going to work :)

Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:13 pm

Well, I'm stuck in the evenings for me from now on. Didn't even get a free moment to attempt this morning, so it's now at 2:07PM NST (5:07 my time) for here on out. I'll have to try and catch it as close as I can, I guess.

Day 9? (I think?) , 2 matches, 17k.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:49 am

Day 5: No matches (did not get the bad luck bonus): 6500 Neopoints

Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:54 am

Two matches. 6k. The 24 hour thing seems right. It wasn't there just after midnight, but it was at 1:52. Seriously need to go to bed :/

Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:47 am

Day 6: 2 matches - 10k.

Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:38 pm

7k today.

Sent from my Fireball using Xparent Blue Tapatalk MegaSuperb Pro

Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:07 pm

No matches last night, 18500nps. Didn't get around to it until 6:06pm my time. Sigh. If I can manage to get to the 25th day without missing one as I keep bumping times back, it'll be a miracle...

ETA: 2 matches, 19k + Gift box. Managed to set a timer and get to it within 20 seconds after 24 hours passed...

Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:31 am

Day 7: 12000 Neopoints

Timecheck: 1.30am. Only 1 week in and I am already forgetting to check.

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:32 am

I haven't posted mine the past couple of days. My time is now 1:something in the afternoon for me. A little worrying since today is only day 7 for me. Ah, well. I'd set a timer, but I may not be around internet access at that time.

Pickles, I hope you can hold on until the 100k this time!

Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:32 pm

Siniri wrote:Pickles, I hope you can hold on until the 100k this time!
I've set an alarm on my phone, so hopefully I'll be able to get to it fairly close to the time. Once I reset, I'll be aiming for some time in the morning once I'm up. We'll see how that goes!
Topic locked