Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:36 pm 

Hidinger wrote:
archergirl2000 wrote:
paranoiapenguin wrote:
they dont work on weekends

But they have releasednew parts of the plots on weekends havent they? I can't remember, this plot has been going on so long ;)

I could be wrong as TNT has suprised me before, but I think the last news they had basicly said they weren't going to be doing anything new until Monday due to the Thanksgiving Holiday...so I wouldn't expect any new developments until Monday...which sounds like a perfect day to get the plot finished...or I am just being hopefull.

Can anybody get a prize?
Only with the requirement of completeing the plot?

I don't get why people spend so much time to make this space offuh here all nice and pretty =P

http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=leegendary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:38 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Legendary wrote:
Hidinger wrote:
archergirl2000 wrote:
paranoiapenguin wrote:
they dont work on weekends

But they have releasednew parts of the plots on weekends havent they? I can't remember, this plot has been going on so long ;)

I could be wrong as TNT has suprised me before, but I think the last news they had basicly said they weren't going to be doing anything new until Monday due to the Thanksgiving Holiday...so I wouldn't expect any new developments until Monday...which sounds like a perfect day to get the plot finished...or I am just being hopefull.

Can anybody get a prize?

In an editorial they mentioned that they were keeping track on when people were finishing different objects. That leads me to believe that the prizes you get are based on how fast you completed the plot.

Be sure to visit Image @ nlplace.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Legendary wrote:
Can anybody get a prize?

I think it was mention a long while ago about 'plot points' (someone correct that). Just getting to a certain point or doing certain actions should get some points. I've been encouraging some of my friends to just get a few points if they give a sidebar as one of the prizes like with the last story arc.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:38 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Actually, there have been prizes already for completing various portions of the plot -- assuming you call these prizes:

tablet avatar
handfuls of sand (hee hee)
sand fruit and other items that were rewards for digging up sand (and NP)
weapons and other items that were rewards for moving blocks
useless crystal(s) or mysterious scroll [Note: inclusive "or" implied]
spear xor mace xor scimitar [Note: "xor" means exclusive "or"]
hours of "entertainment" and reason to interact with the awesome PPTers
lots of maps, notes, and shredded maps and notes ;)
repetitive motion injuries to wrist and index finger

I'm hoping there will be more, but it's up to TNT. With my luck I'll probably just get a "real" pile of scarabs. Edit: at least one of my pets would enjoy eating the scarabs, preferably with a few rice balls.

"I can't make heads or tails of this."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

background_noise wrote:
at least one of my pets would enjoy eating the scarabs, preferably with a few rice balls.

Scarab sushi/sashimi... sounds interesting. I wonder which pet I'd torture, I mean, allow the privilage of eating that :evil:

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:49 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Skynetmain wrote:
Legendary wrote:
Can anybody get a prize?

I think it was mention a long while ago about 'plot points' (someone correct that). Just getting to a certain point or doing certain actions should get some points. I've been encouraging some of my friends to just get a few points if they give a sidebar as one of the prizes like with the last story arc.

I would suggest that points for getting to the end of phases is a better bet than when you finish, if for no other reason than most (all?) phases have started during the day (US time) which for much of the World is the middle of the night, immediately putting them easily 8 hours behind.
And speaking as one who has 18 handfulls of sand clogging up his sdb, more of these would NOT make good prizes! Does anyone else think that it feels like a lifetime since we were shifting that sand?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:56 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

IanB wrote:
Skynetmain wrote:
Legendary wrote:
Can anybody get a prize?

I would suggest that points for getting to the end of phases is a better bet than when you finish, if for no other reason than most (all?) phases have started during the day (US time) which for much of the World is the middle of the night, immediately putting them easily 8 hours behind.
And speaking as one who has 18 handfulls of sand clogging up his sdb, more of these would NOT make good prizes! Does anyone else think that it feels like a lifetime since we were shifting that sand?

Actually several phases have started during the US night. I don't sleep much so I haunt the boards at odd times and TNT has actually done a really good job at releasing things at all sorts of times so no one time zone has a distinct advantage. Plus not only do they have to release it, but somebody has to figure it out. This really has been an international event.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:28 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

ugg neopets si still taking forever and in some spots not at all and personally i just cant wait to c what happens next and i dont think its fair to the rest of the world to have to wait the could have set something up on wednesday for us to do all weekend other then having a site that doesnt want to work u didnt c them stopping for canadas thanksgiving day and if anything u would think having a holiday would be a good time to actually start something because ppl would actually be able to be at their computers and im srry if ppl think that all im doing is complaining but im really not i just want something to do lately u spend 5 secs and u r done with that part of the plot even finding all the scroll didnt take that long and for my first plot (even though theres been a lot of waiting) i cant wait to do the next one should be exciting since logic shows us that plots will only get better the more they do practice makes perfect
im in canada and there isnt even snow outside for me to spend my time in

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:48 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I'm actually glad that nothing was released, even with people having more time to be on the site (in the US at least) being a long holiday weekend. Seems whenever something is added to the site, especially during a plot or war, the site goes mad for hours, if not a couple of days. I know that in the past when something was added on a Friday night, it seemed like for that entire weekend things were just not right.

The site's been kind of slow and glitchy since Neo's birthday as it is. Let's think about all the things that could go wrong with no one around to try to fix them for 4 days.

Maybe they're still working on the next (last?) part of the whole plot; maybe they're still working out who will get what based on points.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:33 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

everconfused wrote:
Maybe they're still working on the next (last?) part of the whole plot; maybe they're still working out who will get what based on points.

I hope there are at least two more parts to the comic and one last plot part. We get one comic and the last plot task to work on soon, with the final comic and prizes afterwards.

I would prefer it if we got to spend our points how we wanted like with the last story arc. Although, it would be sweet to get a ton of prizes based on how well you did and not have to pick and choose if you're low on spending points.

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:07 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Cilian wrote:
IanB wrote:
Skynetmain wrote:
Legendary wrote:
Can anybody get a prize?

Actually several phases have started during the US night. I don't sleep much so I haunt the boards at odd times and TNT has actually done a really good job at releasing things at all sorts of times so no one time zone has a distinct advantage. Plus not only do they have to release it, but somebody has to figure it out. This really has been an international event.

Clearly my memory is going! I'm on Mountain Time which I think is one hour ahead of the TNT office, I've done every phase but I don't ever remember getting up (and I'm up by 6am each day) and finding a phase already started - they've all seemed to appear late morning or mid-afternoon. Perhaps it's my imagination.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:10 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Skynetmain wrote:
everconfused wrote:

I hope there are at least two more parts to the comic and one last plot part. We get one comic and the last plot task to work on soon, with the final comic and prizes afterwards.

I would prefer it if we got to spend our points how we wanted like with the last story arc. Although, it would be sweet to get a ton of prizes based on how well you did and not have to pick and choose if you're low on spending points.

A darigan paintbrush for everyone who completed the plot would do nicely for me... :D :D :D

The Best There Was... The Best There Is... The Best There Ever Will Be...

Post subject: Plot
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:07 am 

im just hoping they finish the plot!. I have a sneaking suscpiscion they may be waiting till they have finalized Darkest fairy and then throw the end in there. I mean for a whole week we thought it ended in a marriage. TNT as got either a sense of humor or a sinister plan. Like i have said before most plots that have been Neopia inclusive have been Sloth and LDP. since the darkest fairie doesnt just want an acre or two i feel they will link this somehow to the next plot. ;)

To all who are the way of the NEM ~ Go with the flow ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:55 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Blissy wrote:
Legendary wrote:
Can anybody get a prize?

In an editorial they mentioned that they were keeping track on when people were finishing different objects. That leads me to believe that the prizes you get are based on how fast you completed the plot.

Everything we know about the "end of plot" prizes comes from the editorials; once again, here are the editorial quotes.

Issue: 205 | 26th day of Hiding, Y7
Quote:
The scrolls are part of something special we are doing with this plot. Basically rather than just having a war to decide who gets what, there will be many puzzles, many fights and some other challenges for you to do in order to earn points. The scrolls may be used in that, just as a hint, if you see one, hold on to it. I can't tell you more than that as I have already given away a lot :) Just keep checking new features.

Issue: 206 | 2nd day of Gathering, Y7
Quote:
Donna, I have seen some people have Tyrannian army points, will you be having a Lost Desert army in this plot and if so, how will you get the points? - Lozandboo
This plot we are doing something different, you will not be able to choose sides, but you will earn points that can be redeemed for great prizes. One way will be through fighting, but that is just one of many...

Issue: 209 | 23rd day of Gathering, Y7
Quote:
Are you going to release a sidebar with the Lost Desert Plot?
Erm… sidebar? What gave you that idea? Yes, we are hoping to! It's still in the works though, so no promises as of yet, but it is our intention to release one if we can. Shhh…

Issue: 210 | 30th day of Gathering, Y7
Quote:
Because you have dedicated a WHOLE day to the Nightsteed is there going to be a nightsteed avatar?? OH PLEASE TNT there has to be a Nightsteed avatar. ~punk_rock_chick
Ohh, he *would* make a cool avatar, wouldn't he? Perhaps we didn't release one because we have other plans for an avatar with his likeness… *shifty eyes*

Quote:
I live in England and I must say so far you've done a pretty good job of spacing things out so people on all timezones. I'd like to know how long this can go on; are there going to be parts where it's advantageous to be amongst the first to do something, and in particular will there be a prize at the end that there'sa race to get? ~ nerulean
We're trying. :) Anyway, without giving too much away, we'll say that we are keeping track of every piece of the puzzle each person completes. There are certain stages where completing things first will earn you more points than someone who completed it much later, but in general, the more of the puzzle you complete as a whole, the greater the reward will be at the end.

And an extra just because it talks about what comes next. ;)
Issue: 207 | 9th day of Gathering, Y7
Quote:
We've been to deserts and castles, mountains and islands, even underwater AND to the moon! For the next plot, do you think it would be possible to have something going in the Haunted Woods? That place is so cool, and I don't think we know enough about it yet. - Popuri__
After we have expanded on the plots featured in our PS2 and PSP games, the next location will be the Haunted Woods. Personally I think we can do a great deal with the woods and make it a great exciting story :)

Solving the Master Vex avatar! Please share your screenshot. Punchbag Sid Tracking Thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:16 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

supRNurs wrote:
And an extra just because it talks about what comes next. ;)
Issue: 207 | 9th day of Gathering, Y7
Quote:
We've been to deserts and castles, mountains and islands, even underwater AND to the moon! For the next plot, do you think it would be possible to have something going in the Haunted Woods? That place is so cool, and I don't think we know enough about it yet. - Popuri__
After we have expanded on the plots featured in our PS2 and PSP games, the next location will be the Haunted Woods. Personally I think we can do a great deal with the woods and make it a great exciting story :)

Yay. Haunted Woods. Can't we have another sci-fi plot instead? I have a million Star Wars references that went unused here. Sure we got Jazan and his Tusken Raiders teaming with Tomos and his Jawas to fight the Razul and his Sith connections. (Hey! He looks like Darth Maul and is more flaming than Mustafar). Then we get the super weapons from Nuria and get to go all Jedi on Razul. Heck! Nabile even sacrificed herself like Padame. If we get some Darth Sidious/Emperor Palatine figure out of all of this like we did with Meridell... actually that would be pretty cool. Give Sloth a nice rival. Hmm... (Long, long ago in a Neopia far, far away...)

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next