Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:19 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Ok Ive followed all the suggestions and still I dont get the 'your rope is too short' message all I getting is its too weak or very weak and the bruno message what am I supposed to be looking for message wise <frowns> Im really lost on this lol been tryin since you could get into the woods

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:20 pm 

Location: Hiding behind a log in a mystical forest on a deserted island...
I'm stuck in the Deep Woods.
How are you supposed to get the meepits if they just run away every
time you click on them? :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:21 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

bluehypnosis wrote:
OK....now that's not too bad, I got into the Deep Woods using 6-6-3-2-0...now I'm trying to catch the ghost meepits, but it seems like every time I clicked on one to try to catch it, it says the following "You approach the Ghost Meepit and reach out for it...but it sees you coming and flees into the woods!" Anyone has this problem?

I think practically everyone who's reached this point is having this problem. :P At least, I know I am.

GRAAAAH HOLD * STILL you little * ghost meepit thingys!

*tempted to put many swear words here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:21 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I got the vines to work, finally. I took someone's suggestion here and removed all but the 6 on the left, then I added one at a time as long as I got the too short notice. When I got the too weak notice instead, I removed the vine I had just added and started adding another kind, always trying for the too long notice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:22 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

stampsyne wrote:
Rotting, Decaying, and Crumbling Vines make your rope WEAKER but LONGER.

Remove them to make your rope stronger until it can be lowered over the side. Add them to make it long enough, but add slowly because if it is too long ... a monster grabs it and you must colelct alll 30 vines again.

If I get close, will it show a new picture of the rope going over the side?

No matter what I do, I still can't get the message of "rope is to short" or "rope is to long" kind of thing.

«Don't play with fire, play with Rachel.»

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:23 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I got it with 6-0-0-6-3. Here's how I did it and my theory:

There seems to be 3 strong vine types and 2 weak ones. I think the strength messages go in this order:

Weakest: Too weak for Sophie
Medium: Okay for Sophie, but would break for Bruno
Almost there: Says nothing about Sophie, only something about Bruno

Figure out which types are weak: Starting with 6-6-6-6-6, drop all of ONE type of vine, then pick it all up and drop the next type, etc.. If the rope got stronger with 0 of that type of vine, that's a weak vine type. The weak ones for me were Rotting and Crumbling.

To get to the next stage:
Drop all of the weak ropes
Drop all of one of the strong vine types
Try it. It'll probably be too short.
Pick up one of the strong vine types.
Try it again. If it's too short, take one of the strong vines, and repeat.

If the monster grabs your vine: The vines will all reappear in the same places every time. If you're worried about the monster, map it out (like in the LDP plot) and keep track of where the vines are.

Here's a suggestion on how to symbolize the "rooms" on paper, so you don't have to screenshot every single room:
A - straight
C - path that curves like a C
D - curves the opposite way of C
S - path that curves like an S
Z - path that curves like a Z
O - clearing

2 or a Y - tree with 2 branches (if your 2s look like Zs, use y, since "y" looks like that tree)
3 - tree with 3 branches
4 - tree with 4 branches

ex) for my first room, it was CSSCS. My clearing room was AZOyA

Last edited by AySz88 on Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:23 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Well, I got into the Deep Woods with 6-5-6-0-0... and now I have to go sleep :( I hope you guys manage to figure out the Meepits before I come back :P

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:24 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Here's a screenie of how I did my map of the High Woods. It took about ... ninety minutes to complete.

EDIT: Oh, and I just got down the cliff! :D My combination was 6-0-4-0-4.

Good luck! :)

Last edited by ColleenMegan on Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:25 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

chi_chi1548286 wrote:
If I get close, will it show a new picture of the rope going over the side?

Yes. So long as you're at or below the proper number of vines for each vine "group," you should get that image. At least I did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:26 pm 

inkfan wrote:
xxcolstormxx wrote:
Method for comination of vines? METHOD NOT RANDOM.
How did you figure it out 100+ tries im no longer in the mood to try random guessing...

In one of the previous boards, there was a method that worked for me:
theonlysaneone wrote:
First, you need to collect every vine. EVERY vine. Then go to the cliff area. Dump every single vine except for 6 of the first kind (if it glitches, click on the path left of the cliff, then the path in the center to take you back. Not sure if that works for anyone else, but there might be something similar). If you get a message that says it won't support Bruno's weight, dump vines until you get a seperate scene that shows vines lowering, but it isn't long enough.

Once you've gotten that message, continue adding the same vine until you stop getting it. Then move on to the next one. Once you've gotten the right number in each field (it should add to 18), the rope will be exactly long enough, and you'll move on to the Deep Woods (OFF anyone?). I have no earthly idea what to do there.

Yay! I'm helping people!

Anyways, I'm STILL stuck at the Deep Woods. I've mapped the entire place, but it's not any good because they're moving around now. Here are some ideas:

-Have an item in your inventory that has the word 'ghost' in it (tried Chokato Ghostkersandwich, didn't work.
-I don't have any other ideas.

EDIT: Checked descriptions of both item Ghost Meepit and the TCG... nothing.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Last edited by theonlysaneone on Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:27 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Rakumel wrote:
bluehypnosis wrote:
OK....now that's not too bad, I got into the Deep Woods using 6-6-3-2-0...now I'm trying to catch the ghost meepits, but it seems like every time I clicked on one to try to catch it, it says the following "You approach the Ghost Meepit and reach out for it...but it sees you coming and flees into the woods!" Anyone has this problem?

I think practically everyone who's reached this point is having this problem. :P At least, I know I am.

GRAAAAH HOLD * STILL you little * ghost meepit thingys!

*tempted to put many swear words here

Ok....so I'm not the only one.....I thought I wasn't doing things right or something....or my mouse just doesn't like the meepits... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Wind wrote:
Oh, thanks a lot... well, I feel silly now :P that was the 2nd sceenie I saw. I thought a clearing was a screen with no trees at all.

Perfectly alright, I thought the exact same thing. :P

AySz88 wrote:
There seems to be 3 strong vine types and 2 weak ones. I think the strength messages go in this order:

Weakest: Too weak for Sophie
Medium: Okay for Sophie, but would break for Bruno
Almost there: Says nothing about Sophie, only something about Bruno

There are two weaker messages before Sophie: the first is where it's too short to even do anything with, and then you get one about it being able to hold Gilly but not anyone else. :)

Gabby wrote:
Ok Ive followed all the suggestions and still I dont get the 'your rope is too short' message all I getting is its too weak or very weak and the bruno message what am I supposed to be looking for message wise <frowns> Im really lost on this lol been tryin since you could get into the woods

You'll only get the 'rope is too short' message if you have very, very little vines on hand. Get rid of all of your vines aside from one of the first kind, then keep adding more of the first until the message changes from too short into something else. Then just move onto the next type of vine. :)

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:30 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Oh, one more thing, like the LDP (I think), all the paths are two-way! If you go from room A to room B, then one path in room B will take you to room A. :) If you see yourself backtrack from a room with 2 paths, you can un-backtrack and keep going forward - it doesn't look like a straight path, but that's a straight path!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:34 pm 

Nothing in the "Dance of the Meepits" TCG either.

AySz88 wrote:
Oh, one more thing, like the LDP (I think), all the paths are two-way! If you go from room A to room B, then one path in room B will take you to room A. Smile If you see yourself backtrack from a room with 2 paths, you can un-backtrack and keep going forward - it doesn't look like a straight path, but that's a straight path!

No they aren't. Some of them take you back (if there is one, it's usually on the left), some of them go someplace completely different, and some loop back to the same room.

BTW, since the database stuff, has anyone hit any dead ends? I mapped out my entire Deep Woods and didn't find a single one.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:35 pm 

http://neopets.com/~RALVIEREN#hissi

EW. A Ghost Meepit. Let's try picking it up. What's that? It ran away as you approached? Let's keep looking around the Deep Woods then, and see if we can't find some Ghostbusters gear or something to catch them.

[Insert clever problem-solving here]

Now you have seven Ghost Meepits! Lovely. *Shudders* Let's see what we can do with them, because I certainly don't want them hanging around in my inventory longer than they have to.. Click around some more, until you see this:

Why wont he say it!?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next