Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:23 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

jenni_mh wrote:
ashbashed wrote:
jenni_mh wrote:
So yeah....somehow my faerie statue is not in the same place as it was before. Anyone else having this problem?

Are you certain? I havent heard that one before.

Positive, I made a map in paint and have been following it this whole time.

Sorry...that stinks. I have no information to help you I am afraid. Perhaps some of the resident "experts" will pop in soon and can help you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:26 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Clear your Cache and Your cookies. Relog into neopets and try again. Your statue should be in the same spot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:28 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

ashbashed wrote:
jenni_mh wrote:
ashbashed wrote:
jenni_mh wrote:
So yeah....somehow my faerie statue is not in the same place as it was before. Anyone else having this problem?

Are you certain? I havent heard that one before.

Positive, I made a map in paint and have been following it this whole time.

Sorry...that stinks. I have no information to help you I am afraid. Perhaps some of the resident "experts" will pop in soon and can help you!

are your doors in the same place and the statue is moved, or have the doors moved too?

also, can we get the part about the broken weapons in the first post please? then we won't have scores of panicked people asking about it....i nearly had a heart attack when i saw mine was broken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:34 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

So, we definitely can't battle him again? I just went to my equip page, and the weapon (I chose the mace of righteous fury) is still there. I had a draw, I would love another chance to go at him.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:36 am 
PPT God
PPT God

ashbashed wrote:
Huggles wrote:
You can't guess unless it's all filled in, and that part has me confused.

Yes, thats unfortunate, I only had 6 of each symbol so I had to go with three different ones to get started.

Seems like Huggles and I think alike. I had similar to yours, and my math could be wrong, but that calculates to me to hundreds and thousands of combinations. I don't know where to "start" despite the logical phrase "start with your first symbol" (perhaps only others with this issue understand me here). Currently my friend is helping me, basically solving for me, but I admit I feel this is pretty much "cheating" tho only because no matter how hard I try, I cannot understand the logic of such puzzle (also, again, I can play Time Tunnel, only end up with Zero score and equivalent self-confidence). :P

EDIT: Seems like most people think A, B, C, D > Z. Some are used to A > Z. Or even just Z (without understanding what comes before you can get the answer, and "understand" after even if it is moot then; analagous to my phone re-wiring experiments as I try to fix my house and hook up DSL here at of late, ironically).

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:42 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

i solved the tablet pretty quickly. here's what i did: you have i think nine new symbols. pick the first four, and fill in the four rows. so 1 1 1 1, next row 2 2 2 2, ect. then note how many dots and what kind you have. then change your first row to symbols 5555. did you gain a white dot? did you lose a white dot? if you lost one, go through and change each symbol back to 1 (aka try 1555, 5155, 5515, and 5551) until you get the white dot back. then you know that 1 belongs in that space. if you gained a white dot, try a 5 in one space at a time until you get it. repeat for all the rows, and mark down on a peice of paper when you figure out which peice goes where.

alternatively, you could try changing the pieces one at a time until it works, but it might take a little longer. just fill like above, change the first one until you get a white dot, then repeat with the second space, etc.

Last edited by muzzle32 on Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:42 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Anjuna:

Fill the first row of your tablet with the symbol to the very left of those offered. Fill the second row with the next symbol and so on until you've filled up all the rows on your tablet.

Then hit the translate button.
Count the number of white circles.
Then look at the top-left symbol on the tablet and change it to symbol number 2 (the ones you used in the second row).
Translate again and see if the number of white circles has changed.

If: You have the same number of white circles with no other circles OR one more black circle it means you need to try the other symbols in that spot.

When you get an extra white circle (or you've tried all the other symbols in there and you got less white circles than you did at the start) you know that the symbol in there is correct.

Repeat with the next space in the tablet.

Hope this helps!

Kat
You can't take the sky from me...and if you try I'll kill you with my brain!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:44 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

anjuna, I can't get a score on that game either, don't feel bad. I tend to do very poorly on this type of logic/mind game or riddle or whatever you want to call it.

What I did, for lack of any better way to try was ...

first symbol, however many of those you have, put them in all the spaces you can. Then do the same thing with the second symbol, then the third, etc. until your tablet is full and you can click to translate.

On my first try I had 2 white dots and 2 black dots. Totally confused. 4 dots? So, starting with the third space on my tablet, I started changing the symbol in just that spot and kept clicking translate until I got 3 white dots. I kept doing this until I had 15 white dots.

Now I was mystified ... I know there's 16 symbols, so there should be 16 dots. Then I read abashed's post quoting IanB on page 3 of this thread. It honesly helped! I somehow had the very first symbol on my tablet wrong, even though I had white dots!

This still all makes no sense to me. I'm just glad I somehow got it to work.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:46 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

anjuna wrote:
ashbashed wrote:
Huggles wrote:
You can't guess unless it's all filled in, and that part has me confused.

Yes, thats unfortunate, I only had 6 of each symbol so I had to go with three different ones to get started.

Seems like Huggles and I think alike. I had similar to yours, and my math could be wrong, but that calculates to me to hundreds and thousands of combinations. I don't know where to "start" despite the logical phrase "start with your first symbol" (perhaps only others with this issue understand me here). Currently my friend is helping me, basically solving for me, but I admit I feel this is pretty much "cheating" tho only because no matter how hard I try, I cannot understand the logic of such puzzle (also, again, I can play Time Tunnel, only end up with Zero score and equivalent self-confidence). :P

EDIT: Seems like most people think A, B, C, D > Z. Some are used to A > Z. Or even just Z (without understanding what comes before you can get the answer, and "understand" after even if it is moot then; analagous to my phone re-wiring experiments as I try to fix my house and hook up DSL here at of late, ironically).

Hmmm let me think like an artist.... (ha)

OK, just forget all about the gazillions of possible combinations. Forget about the 'correct color, wrong position' business. It's way too complicated.

You are going to work on finding the correct symbol for first position in the tablet. That's all. Just try each of your symbols in that position once. If it's the right symbol, you will get an extra white circle.

Now that you have the first one correct, find the second one. Forget about all the others and leave them alone. Just find the correct one here.

and so on. one at a time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:49 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

everconfused wrote:
anjuna, I can't get a score on that game either, don't feel bad. I tend to do very poorly on this type of logic/mind game or riddle or whatever you want to call it.

What I did, for lack of any better way to try was ...

first symbol, however many of those you have, put them in all the spaces you can. Then do the same thing with the second symbol, then the third, etc. until your tablet is full and you can click to translate.

On my first try I had 2 white dots and 2 black dots. Totally confused. 4 dots? So, starting with the third space on my tablet, I started changing the symbol in just that spot and kept clicking translate until I got 3 white dots. I kept doing this until I had 15 white dots.

Now I was mystified ... I know there's 16 symbols, so there should be 16 dots. Then I read abashed's post quoting IanB on page 3 of this thread. It honesly helped! I somehow had the very first symbol on my tablet wrong, even though I had white dots!

This still all makes no sense to me. I'm just glad I somehow got it to work.

I guess it's a woman thing, cuz I rock at puzzles, but I sucked at this. My guardian angel helped me out! I, too, had 15 white dots. I started replacing one at a time, and each time I would replace one that was correct, i would either drop to 14 white dots, or go to 14 white with 2 black. Each time this would happen, I would put the original one back, and move on to the next. Once I found the symbol that once I traded it, it stayed 15 white dots, my angel told me I was on the right track. I kept changing out that one symbol until presto! 16 white dots! I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:49 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Anjuna, I've gotten mine finished now, and since we may think alike here's how I did it.

First, I went through and just filled up the tablet with one of each symbol, left to right, and then repeated them for the remaining spaces. I went through and changed each symbol one by one until I had NO white dots. From this point on, you start with a clean slate of sorts. Even if you don't have a total of 16 black dots, it makes no difference. Now, start with the top left position, and keep trying symbols until a white dot appears. When that dot appears you will know for certain that that's the position has been correctly filled. Then just rinse and repeat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:59 am 
PPT God
PPT God

WockyChocky wrote:
OK, just forget all about the gazillions of possible combinations. Forget about the 'correct color, wrong position' business. It's way too complicated.

You are going to work on finding the correct symbol for first position in the tablet. That's all. One at a time.

Alchemist Elric, please endow with me an icon of an Engineer driving spike in brain, as I feel like the guy in the movie Pi right now. :roll:

I have tried so many combinations, yet my brain "can't make heads or tails" of what 1 or 15 of 16 are correct or incorrect. It comes down to that. I can try 2048 combinations, but only one is correct and that is how I learn (Z, Y, X... ?). I can't think any other way. I feel .. smartly stupid (or stupidly smart) lol. EDIT - Even my smart friend is having trouble. Telling me he solved 50%. I ask, so which 50%?! Is this only funny to those with this odd mental anomaly? :roflol:

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Last edited by anjuna on Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:02 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Location: The mindset of one who is compelled to make choices that he knows he will regret
I did consider stockpiling starlight potions in the hope they'd inflate but there probably aren't enough of us who could tolerate trekking through the repository. So scrap that idea.

Anyway, what I'd like to see is Razul v Punchbag Sid. That would be GREAT :P
:evil:

Edit: Just had an (admittedly stupid) idea - has anyone gone to the map room during light time and tried, oh I don't know, sticking their weapon in the crystal slot. And no, I mean that literally, not metaphorically.

Last edited by Archimedes on Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:10 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
To Anjuna the Kind: don't feel real bad about not getting the current puzzle. I don't get these logic puzzles too well and I'm all about logic, and science! I did what everyone is recommending as soon as I heard about the puzzle even before I even caught up with the rest of everyone else. Just keep at it and plot the next raid on Glendale to take Neopets' HQ.

Edit:
Archimedes wrote:
Anyway, what I'd like to see is Razul v Punchbag Sid. That would be GREAT :P
:evil:

Second!

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:20 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

My goodness I missed a lot while I was at school.
Lucky for me, it didn't take long to catch up. 30 minutes tops!
EXCEPT..
There's a stupid technical problem.. I typed in my prophecy to my faerie statue and I get this..

Neopets is down for maintenance :(

Oh well... Oops! Sorry, just a technical problem we should be back very soon.

*waits patiently*

From WIS! (Thank you!)
Please keep your signature within the 400x100 px limit.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next