Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 4:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:37 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

uh... i think you have a very long way to go... you are still in meridell?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:43 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

No I am not! *poke*

I'm in faerieland, I just want to know exactly whereabouts the bunnys are for the avatars...

ImageImage
Thanks Rachel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:48 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

oh nevermind then... I thought the devilpuss was in a different place... I'm not that far yet... I'm still trying to find a place to heal in The Lost Desert... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:54 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

It's okay now, I found them and got the avatar, my 80th one, horray!

Thanks for trying though, and good luck!

ImageImage
Thanks Rachel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:05 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Thanks, and I found what I needed too :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:07 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

vivian58 wrote:
Sentiments are for wimps!! Must get as much GOLD as possible! $_$ :P

Remember, if you die in normal you lose half your gold, but you don't lose anything in your inventory. Since you can sell any inventory item at any shop, I suggest not selling inventory items until you actually need the gold. If you don't need the gold, selling the item just puts you risk for losing half the value with no real benefit (except a shorter inventory, of course.)

I agree with everyone else. Normal is pretty forgiving, unless you do something really dumb you have room to experiment.

Dag wrote:
I have a question... I just entered Act 3 and I have no clue where to heal... I need to desparately... Talinia is dead

If you need to heal, there's in Inn in the village just outside the palace that you first arrived in Act 3 in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:55 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Thanks for the info... I have another question... If I have a +to direct damage wand and I have already maxed direct damage does it still go up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:37 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

no it doesn't that's why we recomend that you level your skills to 11 or 12 so that you can get the most out of +skill items.

Honk Honk Honk $#%#$% honk hooooonk.

- Honk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:55 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

bgryph wrote:
vivian58 wrote:
Sentiments are for wimps!! Must get as much GOLD as possible! $_$ :P

Remember, if you die in normal you lose half your gold, but you don't lose anything in your inventory. Since you can sell any inventory item at any shop, I suggest not selling inventory items until you actually need the gold. If you don't need the gold, selling the item just puts you risk for losing half the value with no real benefit (except a shorter inventory, of course.)

Oooh that's smart. Thanks!

cap wrote:
no it doesn't that's why we recomend that you level your skills to 11 or 12 so that you can get the most out of +skill items.

So is this!

Any more gems of wisdom for folks like me?

(( Also, since when did they delete NQ games?! I was in Evil! level, about to fight the Archmagus of Roo, and then I found out my game got deleted. :cry: ))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:03 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

vivian58 wrote:
Also, is "Father's Sword" important later on? Although, it'd only get me 50gp, which isn't actually that much anyway.

I kept all my weapons and stuff, it don't hurt you in the game if you are carrying a heavy load, and if you get your butt kicked by Terask at the end, you can sell off what you have to buy more hurricane and coma potions instead of having to fight a bunch of monsters (that you don't get exp for since you are maxed) to make enough gold to buy the potions. In fact, when I played on evil, I bought a few weapons I didn't need just to have back up gold if I died. :roflol:

vivian58 wrote:
(( Also, since when did they delete NQ games?! I was in Evil! level, about to fight the Archmagus of Roo, and then I found out my game got deleted. :cry: ))

There was some sort of glitch and all the NQ games were kind of reset. I had a game going that was only to the jungle ruins on normal, so I decided to go ahead and play that one for a while. When I picked my skills, I got 7 skills plus the ones I already had before the glitch. I also still had all the healing potions, wands, and stuff that I had before. When you fight a monster, you get the exp. points that would be given for the levels your game is at, but will be crushing everything with ease. I'm very tempted to see what kind of damage I'd be doing to the imps with the stuff I have on the other NQ game that was in the Two Rings area on evil...but I am too worried about exploiting that glitch to try it.

Last edited by Deevil on Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:05 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I think that just about covers it for advise. I'll just say that you shouldn't sell haste, slow or healing potions if you can avoid it and always keep damage potions around to give velm something to do when you don't need to heal.

I don't know when NQ got deleted. I should start playing it but the skill choices are a bit daunting to me.

Honk Honk Honk $#%#$% honk hooooonk.

- Honk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:22 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

cap wrote:
I don't know when NQ got deleted. I should start playing it but the skill choices are a bit daunting to me.

Personally, I like the Shock and the Spectral Magic skills. I have never used the ice or fire ones, and most guides I have read don't recommend them either. Life skills are okay earlier in the game, but once you get further you can get weapons and armor that heal you, and the monsters tend to drop lots of healing potions through out the game on normal. So, I would say split your skills up in shock and spectral and ignore the others. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:19 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Deevil wrote:
cap wrote:

Personally, I like the Shock and the Spectral Magic skills. I have never used the ice or fire ones, and most guides I have read don't recommend them either. Life skills are okay earlier in the game, but once you get further you can get weapons and armor that heal you, and the monsters tend to drop lots of healing potions through out the game on normal. So, I would say split your skills up in shock and spectral and ignore the others. ;)

Actually, when I first started, I had no clue what I was doing, so I concentrated most of my skill points in Ice. I still managed to finish the game in Normal though. So I guess like in NQII, in Normal, picking the most powerful skills isn't that essential. When I started my game in Evil!, I religiously followed YiffySquirrel's guide. Shockwave is definitely the best skill ever. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

We're going off topic to NQI. ;) I'd reccomend maxing out the shock tree and then go for spectral :D

I like pickles, I like cheese, I like climbing lobster trees!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:41 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Shock is nice, but don't max it. I recommend spending a lot in it, but not all. I also recommend working on other areas at once. I like to spend points in not only shock but spectral and life.

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next