Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:41 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Update on Morphing Potions debacle
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:49 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Quote:
Thank you so much for the awesome Return of Dr. Sloth plot! (Just had to throw that in there.) Anyway, for my question... in last week's Editorial, you mentioned that Draik morphing potions will only change the color of an existing Draik and will not work on any pets that are not Draiks. Is this a permanent change or a glitch that you are working on fixing? ~the_real_poetess_123
First, let's start off with a little history. This change for the potions happened in October of 2007. This is not a new change. However, after meeting and talking about it, we have decided that we will change the morphing potions for the Draiks so that all species can use any Draik morphing potion or transmogrification potion to change their Neopet into a Draik.

Really? Since October? AND THEY DIDN'T MENTION IT AT ALL?! Smurf them. Think of all the people that could have been trading virtually worthless items with no clue that they just wasted a fortune. Ugh.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:18 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

varii wrote:
Quote:
Thank you so much for the awesome Return of Dr. Sloth plot! (Just had to throw that in there.) Anyway, for my question... in last week's Editorial, you mentioned that Draik morphing potions will only change the color of an existing Draik and will not work on any pets that are not Draiks. Is this a permanent change or a glitch that you are working on fixing? ~the_real_poetess_123
First, let's start off with a little history. This change for the potions happened in October of 2007. This is not a new change. However, after meeting and talking about it, we have decided that we will change the morphing potions for the Draiks so that all species can use any Draik morphing potion or transmogrification potion to change their Neopet into a Draik.

Really? Since October? AND THEY DIDN'T MENTION IT AT ALL?! Smurf them. Think of all the people that could have been trading virtually worthless items with no clue that they just wasted a fortune. Ugh.

I still think that this is confusing as heck...

Last week they say Draik MPs are dead... then during the week they say that ALL limited edition MPs are already/going to be dead... and now they only specify that Draik MPs are working as usual. Are we to assume that they only mean Draiks, or all MPs? TNT could save a lot of questions submitted to the editorial if they were simply more direct and told us outright about stuff like this.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:27 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

...October!?

Wow. Why did we not know about this before now?

And yes, here's hoping it's for all MPs.

Gone, forever.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:56 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

TNT are confuzzin!

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:02 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Is anyone else seriously put off by the tone of the editorial? This has got to be a new writer yes? S/he's just very dismissive and superior acting.

I am pleased to see that they fixed the whole mp issue but I agree that they should be announcing major, million point decisions like this on the news.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

gabriellaeve wrote:
I am pleased to see that they fixed the whole mp issue but I agree that they should be announcing major, million point decisions like this on the news.

I agree. Lots of people read the editorial. But not everyone. I only read the editorial because most of the big stuff is mentioned there among the endlessly repeated questions. This could have (and probably did) cost people a lot of neopoints.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

gabriellaeve wrote:
Is anyone else seriously put off by the tone of the editorial? This has got to be a new writer yes? S/he's just very dismissive and superior acting.

I've been under the impression Donna has left TNT (or at least downsized her duties), so its gotta be a new person.

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:22 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Alright so...anyone else hoping that Tarla pulls through with a Draik Trans potion? I was saving for one, but it looks like I'm not going to have the nps to get one anytime soon...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:43 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well, prices should begin to lower again now that it's not the only potion you can use. Maybe wait it out a bit and keep saving? :)

Gone, forever.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:44 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

euphoniumgirl_71 wrote:
This could have (and probably did) cost people a lot of neopoints.

Yeah. People like me who freaked out and went "Oh No! That potion I had in my SDB is now useless! I will need an egg to get my draik! Crud! *runs out and buys an egg for 7 million*. Eggs then jumped to 9 million, and trans potions were at 11 million.

Under a week later, they announced it in the editorial, that potions are back to working. Trans potions are now down to under 5 million, eggs are down to 4 million. Terrific. I'm just mad enough to sit on that dumb egg for the next five years until they go up in price to 7 million.

And of COURSE I had a draik egg a year ago, and a potion. Kept the morph potion and sold the egg (got two mill for it then). I hadn't decided yet whether to morph my fourth pet, or abandon it and create a new one. I was hoping the lab would grant me a draik on that fourth pet. Otherwise I was going to either morph that one, or abandon it anyway and create a shoyru for the avatar first and then morph the shoyru.

Dangit. It's not like I have huge amounts of np laying around. :( I was trying to save up for a SoS and this came out of that fund. Now I've lost at least 3 million to stupid TNT's stupidity stupidness!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:48 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I really hate bad mouthing TNT since a lot of its pure opinion but this is crazy. They're absolute nutters!

I read the news every day including the editorials and have never learned that morphing potions only changed the species stated. I wouldn't have started collecting lenny potions for my future lenny tribe otherwise. Is there no communication within their HQ anymore? I've also noticed the tone in the editorial and only hope it's just a blip.

I tried mailing the editorial my query about this but am not sure it has sent due to technical difficulties with my own computer. I do hope they sort this out. Either that or my future lennies will have to rot. I'm not spending any more on them...

http://alienaisha.blogspot.com
lol

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3