Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:13 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Have any people with light NOT read a scroll?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:14 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

1913 NST

No light ... I'm a Kha (fish).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:16 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Cranberry wrote:
stampsyne wrote:
Testing Cranberry's theory.

Thanks, stamp. I really want to try it myself (even though it means trudging all over the repository, which I hate), but I can't get the light! Argh.

btw, I am trying your theory as well, cran. I was waiting for my lights to show up. :) trudging around now. :)

Post subject:
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Brynne wrote:
Quote:
I said this earlier, but the back wall has 15 symbols. With the lights and the blank spaces, there are 15 spaces altogether on your side wall. You may try matching them up... since your first color is blue and the first symbol is the egg-looking thing, find the listing for that scroll in the card catalog and read that one. When you come to a blank space, skip the corresponding symbol on the back wall

The back wall doesn't have 'my' symbol on it at all and I think it is the same for everyone? I'm a Lat (cup) I'll go back and check with that screenie. That seems like it would be odd.

No, the cup's not there. I don't think it matters, though. It makes more sense that we'd have to read a bunch of different scrolls than just read the same three (of our faerie symbol) over and over 12 times.

I want the light! Wah. ;)

Post subject:
PPT Student
PPT Student

stampsyne wrote:
IanB wrote:
I'm also dubious about the "reading the scroll the same as the fairy door" - my fairy room entrance was a yellow DJO and I know from my scroll mapping there only two in the whole repository and that would seem somewhat unfair.

The theory isn't panning out, BUT the directory should tell you exactly where to look for an exact scroll.

Sorry but I don't follow that. The catalogues only seem to have 3 colours - Red, Yellow and Blue. What about the other colours?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:17 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Okay as far as the light people are concerned. I'm sorry if you haven't gotten it and I was rude in my post before. :oops:

I had the stream of light immediately, but these are the things I did first...I went to the fortune teller to hear the new message. It's possible the light is every hour or something. I did read scrolls before, all with my symbol, but not in any particular fashion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:19 am 
PPT God
PPT God

btw, have the URLs for the flash files of the unlit and lit rooms been compared?

e.g. when I view the source I get:

http://images.neopets.com/desert/ldp/sr ... 68ff2b.swf

Is that the same for everyone who has an unlit room? And what is it when the room is lit?

Lady Night made me do it :P
Click for Werewolf!
Click for more Werewolf(as well as Role Playing)!

Post subject:
PPT Student
PPT Student

Cranberry wrote:

I said this earlier, but the back wall has 15 symbols. With the lights and the blank spaces, there are 15 spaces altogether on your side wall. You may try matching them up... since your first color is blue and the first symbol is the egg-looking thing, find the listing for that scroll in the card catalog and read that one. When you come to a blank space, skip the corresponding symbol on the back wall.

This sounds like an excellent idea! forget your fairy colors, door colors, tablet and tomb scrolls. (for now at least). Apply the model city info (colors and symbols) to the SR index and start reading.

Now, If I could only get those lights up.

Post subject:
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Ok, I got the light, my order was y rb byb byryr r. Now, to find out what that means!!!

Oh, BTW, I'm a SET.

Last edited by Urthdigger on Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

For those who have light try this:

1. Match up the coloured lights and symbols on the back wall of the model room.

2. Go to the corresponding scroll rack as designated by the colours and symbols (so for example a red light with a paw located in my red card catalog would be 'Civil Records New Aquisitions, Spike Room')

3. Read the scroll there that corresponds with your faerie symbol (in my case SAF)

4. Report on what happens

I can't do this since I have no light yet :(

Kat
You can't take the sky from me...and if you try I'll kill you with my brain!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:23 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

People are already doing that, Kat. ;) Well, except for the faerie symbol thing... I don't see how that fits in.

Last edited by Cranberry on Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:23 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Urthdigger wrote:
Ok, I got the light, my order was y rb byb byryr r. Now, to find out what that means!!!

Okay now we have something. I think I have 16 as well, a double space got me tricked. 16 equals the tablet. I would try reading the symbol on the tablet in the color order of the light and skipping those that are blank. Anyone with me?
:hug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:24 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

*pops back in for a few minutes*
eeegads... that was a lot of posts to go through!
No other maps done.... :( As soon as I can be back at my computer for longer than a few minutes, I'll start on the upper floors. (Stamps, thanks for the note in your summary post last split. 8) )

Ok - From what I read so far, my thoughts are:
a) the light is time based (frequency to be determined)
b) groups of symbols have the light activated at certain times

The only other place I remember groups of symbols are in the temple libraries:
Maze = ben, nem, lat, saf
River = djo, tep, kar, fer
Astral - set, ra, ahn, kha

So, possibly the "maze" symbols are getting light at x minutes past the hour and the "river" symbols are getting light at y minutes past the hour, and and "astral" symbols are getting light at z minutes past the hour. Does anyone have enough data to test this out?

Also, I agree with Cranberry about the sequence of lights paired with the symbols on the wall as a possible list of scrolls to read. It would be interesting to see if those with the same statue symbol are getting the same sequence of lights.

Solving the Master Vex avatar! Please share your screenshot. Punchbag Sid Tracking Thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:24 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Bah ... I got half way through my list ... and realized that my colors didn't *START* with a space ... so I am 1 off.

Starting over. BAH.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:25 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Is this what you mean Cranberry?

Edited image from original:

Image Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next