Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:10 am 
PPT God
PPT God

lischu wrote:
anjuna wrote:
Are we seeing, like, alternate views of Altador and Talador skies or what?

I doubt that.
As far as I know Altador was known as Talador, but the name had to be changed because of legal reasons.
So they are the same.
I think it's just how the sky looks at different times of day.
What bugs me, is I can't figure out a pattern with the changes. Because sometimes it changes for 15 minutes and sometimes for hours. >:(

That could indeed be a number of things. My friend has trouble using FireFox, and I just reduced my IE settings to Medium for Internet just to get the most out of this plot. :oops: Make sure you are not reading from a stale cache or history (and that you automatically have your IE to refresh on *every* page load, there is a 'bug' for older versions), for one. I haven't seen mine change since 00:00. But if we are dealing with at least two 'maps' of 180 degree rotation .. help me out here astronomers .. Hemisphere .. times .. Axis .. equals .. what? :P

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Last edited by anjuna on Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:12 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Gah, silly thing flipped it vertically (meh SO sorry about that), if any of you want me to do it again, just let me know.

lischu: 1) http://img52.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lischu13dd.swf
2) http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lischu28ms.swf

It's right now, I checked it (*cough* like I should've the first time *thwap*)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:15 am 
PPT God
PPT God

darkfire wrote:
Gah, silly thing flipped it vertically (meh SO sorry about that), if any of you want me to do it again, just let me know.

It's right now, I checked it (*cough* like I should've the first time *thwap*)

Oh, yes, please, if you would be so kind. (And since I am so Flash-ignorant, you can even post mine in image files, if it is easier). :oops:

EDIT: Either way, if some of us have two star_data files and they are "mirror" images, this still reminds me of many people talking about a "hidden" Talador (sort of like in an alternate dimension like in the LDP) versus the apparent Altador. (I don't think it was a copyright issue really.)

Last edited by anjuna on Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:17 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

darkfire, I would like mine done again, if it's no trouble. :)

Also, a friend did a little messing around with code and his own web server and all kinds of technical stuff I don't completely understand, and he thinks the Darkest Faerie constellation is the first one to find. I've had no luck, myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:18 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

anjuna wrote:
That could indeed be a number of things. My friend has trouble using FireFox, and I just reduced my IE settings to Medium for Internet just to get the most out of this plot. :oops: Make sure you are not reading from a stale cache or history (and that you automatically have your IE to refresh on *every* page load, there is a 'bug' for older versions), for one. I haven't seen mine change since 00:00. But if we are dealing with at least two 'maps' of 180 degree rotation .. help me out here astronomers ..

I normally use firefox as IE doesn't have tabs, but anyways.
I keep the tabs open and refresh every once in a while.
I got here around 10pm NST and the first change was 12.50-12.55am NST The next one was about 15-20 minutes later. Now it has changed a couple of time withing the past few hours. (it has changed at least 4 times now.) The one now has been the same for over an hour. (I refresh every few minutes.)

I don't have enough data or the changes, but it seems that the second one I got only stays for 15-20 minutes and then it's back to the first one that stays the same for longer. O_o

though I don't think this will have any great matter in this plot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:23 am 
PPT God
PPT God

lischu wrote:
I normally use Firefox as IE doesn't have tabs, but anyways.
I keep the tabs open and refresh every once in a while.
I got here around 10pm NST and the first change was 12.50-12.55am NST The next one was about 15-20 minutes later. Now it has changed a couple of time withing the past few hours. (it has changed at least 4 times now.) The one now has been the same for over an hour. (I refresh every few minutes.)

I don't have enough data or the changes, but it seems that the second one I got only stays for 15-20 minutes and then it's back to the first one that stays the same for longer. O_o

though I don't think this will have any great matter in this plot.

My friend who prefers FireFox also has the same issues. I am a veteran with using IE, but I also know of FireFox problems ironically. It could simply be a cookie thing, since FireFox keeps all in one file, as opposed to IE. Check to see if your FireFox is refreshing upon every page load AND updating the data (image files too I would suggest). You can also try using both browsers and just comparing, too, and that is what he eventually did.

EDIT: It is of course entirely possible there are more than one or a glitch alltogether, so I would just keep checking and taking note. Oh, and don't forget to sleep at some point, this plot seems magnificant so far. :hug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:28 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Darkfire, could you be able to code so that one could select only for example red stars visible. I don't know if it is any use, but it's worth a try. :D

I tried looking at just the red stars and I found six stars that are awfully similar to the dancer-stars: http://lischu.bubina.com/dyyd/dancer.jpg
But no luck. :|

Last edited by lischu on Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:37 am 
PPT God
PPT God

.. Or it could be based on time zone(s) according to a "real" sky ..
.. Or it could be updated every day ..

:o

.. Okay need I sleep. At least I will dream of stars tonite. Nice reminder this is. I only hope the source of our torturous theorizing will be revealed soon. Good nite, forum, Mods, and Astronomeers (Astrological Pioneers). And good luck! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:42 am 

Hey everyone,

Having read all of the posts I just had to join up - you guys have the best reputation for solving these plots. I just hope I can input :)

Neopets Username : zinifluff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:44 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Good luck with those Flash compilations, too. I have been eyeballing two stray stars in one corner and I still cannot see a reversal/rotation, but I am eager to hear what comes of it. And thanks again to all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:47 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

If TNT are being proper and correct with their astrophysics (which one can't be sure of) the colour of the stars shouldn't make much difference to plotting constellations. In real life, constellations often have several kinds of star in- take Orion, which has a red giant, a white supergiant and a star nebula (among others) in one constellation.

Signature, eh? We'll see about that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:06 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

*Can't resist plot .. *

Are we going to need 3-D colored glasses for this? :P

There are 6 colors and we assume 12 constellations and possibly 2 views of the sky?

Perhaps we can only see 1/2 of the constellations (6/12) during one half of the day and the remainder of the constellations in the other half of the day, the individual constellations being based on color or something?

TNT would curse us all to use their site that long lol.

*Going to sleep now to hopefully dream of a better idea.* :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:27 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Someone on the Neoboards mentioned that some of the HoH gems are cracked, and some aren't. I've taken out the cracked ones, dunno if anyone can make anything of this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/burntouttrash/uncracked.jpg

Signature, eh? We'll see about that...

Post subject: YEEEHA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:40 pm 

YES i got the telescope because i joined the astronomy club! try it at 4-5 NST because thats how i did it! its the middle one. and when you join you get the telescope, but does anyone know where the constellations are? :) :) :) :) :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :) :) :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:45 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

can someone help me by telling me how to do my map, please? i see wonderful looking maps being displayed but i have no idea how to do that.

please help, thank you.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next