Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:06 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Daily Dare 2016
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:32 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Day 2. Carnival of Terror. Nice easy score. Challenged AAA and got it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:07 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

piecrust = refill ammo
custard = refill health
There's no refill time code, so shoot as many clocks as you can.

Different body parts are worth different amounts; total destruction is 6 points, so aim for the main body (you can aim for the sliver of neck visible, or double-click as you shoot the arm). Watch your ammo, especially, and get as many ammo boxes as you can.

ETA: Finished. I'm not a fan of this game, and I found AAA's score a bit of a challenge. It stresses me out too much, and anytime I'd have a good run, I wouldn't get a single clock and would fall just short of AAA's score despite shooting every single clown (which would practically stop appearing once the clock hit the red). And twice, my game ended with none of my stats past yellow, so I'm pretty sure there was some lag with my meters (I wasn't sure the first time, but I was actually checking them at the time the second game ended, so I'm quite certain of it). Meh. At least it's over.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:28 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ah, one of my remaining game Avatars to get, so I've been practicing it somewhat lately...thus AAA's score wasn't too hard to get on a first pass for me. Several tries later, I managed a 690, a new high score for myself (and ran out of ammo, not time, go figure.)

But seriously, how to get to 725!? I'm just never quite there...
Maybe I'll make a couple more attempts later today, since it is the game for the day.

As another tip, I find it helpful to play with the largest game size you can. While this means you have more that you might have to move the mouse, you can actually see the things that fall in the farthest background well enough to shoot them.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:06 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
This isn't my favorite, either. But, I did manage to beat my prior high score by one. (514 -> 515). Supposedly, if you read through the instructions and click on the clock you get more falling items, including clocks. I clicked on it twice and did seem to have more falling items, but two ammo drops when the game first started was not entirely helpful... I did get a few more clocks than usual, though. It could have been a coincidence, but it was enough for me to beat AAA.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:12 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Pickles wrote:
But seriously, how to get to 725!? I'm just never quite there...
Maybe I'll make a couple more attempts later today, since it is the game for the day.

Another 30ish attempts (scattered throughout the day, including the 690 and later a 699), and out of nowhere, a 741!!! :o
Quote:
Something Has Happened!
Image You are now eligible to use 'Carnival of Terror' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Wohoo!! 8) Now I don't have to fight with this game anymore!

Okay, AAA, let's see which game avatar I'm still missing you can convince me to try for next...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:39 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Today is a team challenge... Fyora's Quest. Don't send your score before you have a team member... (if you want a team member). AAA's score is remarkably low, so I'm open to beat AAA, so let me know if you need/want a teammate.

I plan to complete this one today (day of), but it will be later in the day.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:40 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Day 3 is an easy AAA team challenge, but it seems Abi's prize is way better (probably the 2 team challenge prizes have been mixed up).

Too late for me, as I have already won and redeemed my prizes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:13 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Oh, crud, I didn't come here first and missed the "team challenge" button. That was really not obvious, JS. There should be a pop-up in the usual place with a warning, or the "team challenge" button should be visually within the area where the challenge button is, not way off to the left. *sigh* Whelp, guess I'll be spending some NP on the prizes... maybe. Or not. Depends on what they are. I would have challenged AAA, anyway...

Congrats on the avvie, Pickles.

At least today's game was easy.

ETA: Oh, wow, Abi's is a stamp? I would have been really kicking myself had the prizes not been reversed, but as it is now, I would have wanted to buy it anyway... That's a huge mix-up. I feel bad for the people who did the team challenge right for AAA and missed out on the stamp.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:40 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm.. Sounds like a good day to have seen this early, noticed the team challenge, waited, and then read your posts... Do I want to get the stamp or continue on the path to the Gold trophy? But... AAA's team challenge prize is a Pink Potent Potable!

Pickles - if you want to team challenge, please PM me (I'll get an email).

ETA: People are asking for 2M for the stamp on the TP? That is insane.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:04 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Posts now appearing on the boards are saying correct Team Challenge prizes being given out correctly now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

AAA's score is pretty low, IMO. Level 4 is a bit tricky timing-wise, but the rest are pretty easy. Abi's, you only have to get through level 1. This is one of the Exceptional 8 games that can be a nice source of 750nps a day if you stay on the top 100 list with the best possible score (1520). I haven't played yet this month, so maybe if I wait until later in the day, I'll be able to play through and stay on the list for a while...like that'll happen with how many people are probably playing it all the sudden!

Blue, I would totally be your teammate, but I promised to be Mr. P's partner for all team challenges the day that the DD came out. There are TONS of people on the neoboards asking for AAA partners, though!

In light of the fact that things glitched earlier, I'm glad that today has been so hectic that neither myself nor Mr. P has even had the opportunity to go sign up for team challenges. At least now we'll get the right prizes when we finally get around to playing this evening!

ETA: Finished and got the correct team prize. Abi's prizes are still going for ridiculous amounts.
No point in getting a 1520 on this game for now, as there's a cheater that has an impossible score of 1525 that will be keeping the Exceptional 8 rule from working. Until that score is removed from the HST, it'll act like a regular trophy award, and not give out trophies/nps to anyone past the top 17. Bleh.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:35 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

TNT are giving out the stamp to people who beat AAA but got Abi's prize. I had the stamp in my inventory when I logged back on.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:04 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well, that was a half million NP mistake... (At least.) Guess that's what I get for rushing to get it done before my 15-hour work day today... Glad you got the stamp, Daze. Hope you manage to get it too, Blue.

Typing on my phone stinks... As does trying to buy things on neo....

ETA: Success! It was a costly mistake, but I've had a lot of great luck lately, so I can't really complain... I made more than 4 times what I spent from the last boon. And I probably won't make the same mistake again... My own mistakes don't bother me nearly as much as TNT's, somehow... (DD 2008, that double all-star AC shop closing with no firm date set...)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:26 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Ah, so now the prizes have been corrected, and the stamp is the AAA Team prize? Oy. I need a partner like now...

ETA - I so hate the neoboards.

ETA2 - Got a Partner. Finished AAA team challenge. Mediocre score, but enough to easily beat AAA.

ETA3 - Also very glad I snagged a Faerie Floss Cocktail from the SW early this morning. They are going for big bucks on the TP now, too! Looks great in my potent potable gallery :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:23 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Aww, sorry to hear that Siniri.

Congrats Blue!!

I am glad you didn't have a problem Pickles.

Day 4. DOUBLE DARE. Challenge AAA and win to get both AAA and Abi's prizes.

Very easy score again. 400 on Ready to Roll.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next