Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:42 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

It said to:

Quote:
try a night time spin? It really is quite lovely watching the stars as you whirl around.

Hmmm *scratches invisible beard*

that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:01 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
twinklyspangle wrote:
The theme parks where a little bit more random tha just a merry-go-round. You had to buy rides and upgrade them, it was, in fact a little like plushie tycoon. Only people could visit your theme park through your look-up and pay you to go on your rides to make their pets happy.

So the Neopets theme parks were nothing like the Theme Park videogames then?

I am not surpised as the Theme Parks videogames were more about making money, staying in business and keeping the visitors happy with the theme park's facilites, rides and food and drinks stalls. Plus you had to keep your workforce happy to stop them from going on strike.

Anyway what the point of a theme park if there is no food stalls, no toilets and only rides in the theme park?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:23 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The merry-go-round reminded me a lot of the theme parks, as well. I miss them. They were fun to make, although there wasn't really a lot of options.

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:00 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Jasujo wrote:
The merry-go-round reminded me a lot of the theme parks, as well. I miss them. They were fun to make, although there wasn't really a lot of options.

Yeah, I miss them too. Remember going on the boards and you would see things like"Entre free and all rides only 1np!!!". Those were the days lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:31 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Combusken BG wrote:
twinklyspangle wrote:
The theme parks where a little bit more random tha just a merry-go-round. You had to buy rides and upgrade them, it was, in fact a little like plushie tycoon. Only people could visit your theme park through your look-up and pay you to go on your rides to make their pets happy.

So the Neopets theme parks were nothing like the Theme Park videogames then?

I am not surpised as the Theme Parks videogames were more about making money, staying in business and keeping the visitors happy with the theme park's facilites, rides and food and drinks stalls. Plus you had to keep your workforce happy to stop them from going on strike.

Anyway what the point of a theme park if there is no food stalls, no toilets and only rides in the theme park?

They were kinds just like the merry go round where you select a pet and let them ride, and your mpet would say something afterwards, they had different rides and they would boost your pets happiness and thats about it, then neo killed them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:58 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

the neopets parks were good. you got money off them!! that was cool

Losers are those who do not try

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

robert2100 wrote:
Jasujo wrote:

Yeah, I miss them too. Remember going on the boards and you would see things like"Entre free and all rides only 1np!!!". Those were the days lol

Wow, that brought back memories XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:38 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Aww...I wasn't on Neopets when they had Theme Parks. They sound fun :(
Why did they take them off?

Secret Santa Set! :D

My DeviantArt Account
Shakespeare Wiki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:10 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

remybuxaplentyfan wrote:
Aww...I wasn't on Neopets when they had Theme Parks. They sound fun :(
Why did they take them off?

I wasn't there either.... but assuming that the trophies were given out for most customers in your themepark... well we'd have some problems now with people repeatedly winning them or whatever.

Besides... where would you put millions of themeparks neways? :roll:

My Mootix Drop guide here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:29 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

robert2100 wrote:
Jasujo wrote:

Most of them were free, after a while, because everybody else's were free. And I remember people posting Neopets tips and hints in their theme park descriptions. This was probably before PPT became as popular as it is nowadays. Oh, I remember another old and popular Neopets helpsite.. NeoNacho's! Anybody else remember?

Anyways, the merry-go-round was rather disappointing. I thought they would show a flash animation or something, instead of just a page and a picture that says "Try again at night!".

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2