Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:43 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Fiddelysquat wrote:
jtaker wrote:
Well, the fact that this and other things such as this (Wendy; ex-monitor, even told me there was a certain staffer who disliked me and it would be in my best interest to find another game to play or it would never stop; her exact words) have been happening for about 4 years. Neopets isn't a fair and loving as everyone seems to think ;D They do use AIM, they do talk to players, and they do give their friends special treatment. How do I know? I received special treatment for years from Wendy, Chris, Tina, and Rachel.

Now that's upsetting. It ticks me off to know that someone would go out of their way to get you in trouble for silly things because they don't like you. That's unprofessional, and I sincerely hope whomever is doing that gets fired (or at least spoken to) about it.

Eek.. that's a tricky situation indeed. I'm not surprised at all that some people get preferential treatment - you can't expect people in any job to operate in a totally emotion-free manner, I'd be much more surprised if it didn't happen. I know for sure that where I work there are some customers who receive better treatment than others - and one or two who cause a mass exodus to the tea room as soon as their car is spotted arriving ;)

Given that you are in an unusual situation (most of us are so insignificant to the staff as to not warrant any special treatment either way), maybe your only option to avoid trouble is to not give them the opportunity - lay low on the Neoboards for a while and hope this staffer gets over themselves?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:20 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Yeah, if you know a certain staffer has it out for you, don't post on the neoboards -- or at least don't post on threads that are violating the rules, whether you're simply warning the thread-starter or not. I'm not surprised you got suspended for discussing sexuality -- even though you weren't gay-bashing or anything like that, it IS a prohibited topic on the neoboards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:29 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

jtaker wrote:
Trick wrote:
Without seeing the board in question, which is obviously impossible, I don't think anyone can really pass judgement on how unusual that is. In general though I don't consider it that unusual, if you post on such a subject then you, like the other posters, run the risk of getting a warning/suspension/frozen account. Who gets the punishment is most likely determined by whose posts got the most reports and the moderators own discretion. I've seen many cases where an original poster is not suspended or perhaps only warned, while those who post telling off that OP are the ones that get the punishment.

However if it was just you that received a suspension then it probably means either you were the only one reported, or the moderator saw fit to ban only you, or tnt sat on their keyboards again. I doubt they would do so as part of some victimisation, like I say though without seeing the thread who can say? It is really just far safer not to post on a thread that clearly breaks the rules, you run the risk of either being punished for breaking the same rules or for back seat moderation.

Well, the fact that this and other things such as this (Wendy; ex-monitor, even told me there was a certain staffer who disliked me and it would be in my best interest to find another game to play or it would never stop; her exact words) have been happening for about 4 years. Neopets isn't a fair and loving as everyone seems to think ;D They do use AIM, they do talk to players, and they do give their friends special treatment. How do I know? I received special treatment for years from Wendy, Chris, Tina, and Rachel.

On one had you've been picked on, on another hand you've had special treatment thanks to friends....kind of evens it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:56 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
The Wonder Weezel wrote:
Moongewl wrote:
Posting on the Neoboards is like playing Minesweeper--most of the time you can finish off safely, but sometimes the first thing you hit will get you frozen. It's not worth the risk; and if I want to talk about Neopets I can come here or join a guild.

how... ive never heard of that metaphor before used for the neoboards.... now THATS a good one! Kudos for you... i like that one :)

Yep that's an awsome metaphor :)

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:19 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Shoyru_Lover wrote:
The Wonder Weezel wrote:
Moongewl wrote:
Posting on the Neoboards is like playing Minesweeper--most of the time you can finish off safely, but sometimes the first thing you hit will get you frozen. It's not worth the risk; and if I want to talk about Neopets I can come here or join a guild.

how... ive never heard of that metaphor before used for the neoboards.... now THATS a good one! Kudos for you... i like that one :)

*basks in praise* Thank you both 8)

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:57 am 

Cranberry wrote:
Yeah, if you know a certain staffer has it out for you, don't post on the neoboards -- or at least don't post on threads that are violating the rules, whether you're simply warning the thread-starter or not. I'm not surprised you got suspended for discussing sexuality -- even though you weren't gay-bashing or anything like that, it IS a prohibited topic on the neoboards.

I didn't exactly discuss sexuality. I simply said "This doesn't belong on Neopets and is disrespectful to those of us who are of alternative lifestyles" . Heck, even my friend diamondsglow was saying things more "breaking the rules" than I was and she got nothing. She's quite upset about them suspending me too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:20 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Usually, the neoboard supervisors hate a backseat mod.

So don't do it, just report it if its offensive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:48 am 

Istanbullfrog wrote:

Well, I don't sit there and scream "omg you broke the rules". I simply say things like "Posting off-topic is against the rules and considered spamming. If you have a Neopets Related question, please ask it. Otherwise, go to another board". If staff doesn't like it, then maybe they shouldn't ask us to help them monitor the site. Bleh, I wish Wendy still worked there. I would just send her links to boards and she would freeze people. I got a lot of people I hated frozen that way ;D Haha, another bit of proof to favoritism.

Edit:
sparkygoesforth wrote:
Fiddelysquat wrote:
jtaker wrote:

Now that's upsetting. It ticks me off to know that someone would go out of their way to get you in trouble for silly things because they don't like you. That's unprofessional, and I sincerely hope whomever is doing that gets fired (or at least spoken to) about it.

Eek.. that's a tricky situation indeed. I'm not surprised at all that some people get preferential treatment - you can't expect people in any job to operate in a totally emotion-free manner, I'd be much more surprised if it didn't happen. I know for sure that where I work there are some customers who receive better treatment than others - and one or two who cause a mass exodus to the tea room as soon as their car is spotted arriving ;)

Given that you are in an unusual situation (most of us are so insignificant to the staff as to not warrant any special treatment either way), maybe your only option to avoid trouble is to not give them the opportunity - lay low on the Neoboards for a while and hope this staffer gets over themselves?

The thing is, this has been going on for about 3-4 years. So I doubt they will "get over themselves" anytime soon. For all I know, it could be a bunch of staffers I used to be friends with. But, Wendy herself told me, right before she quit "Josh, it's never going to stop no matter what you do. You can change your IP or whatever you want but they will always eventually track you down. I suggest you just go find another game to play."

Last edited by jtaker on Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:34 pm 

Then maybe you should follow her advice. As painful as that option is, it may be your only solution. I don't mean to sound cold and heartless, but if they have such a vendetta against you that they would actively "track you down" then this freeze shouldn't be a surprise.

:cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:56 am 

This is hilarious. Here is an email I received.

Thank you for submitting this email,
We have checked and your account is not suspended and is very well active.
Sincerely,
Josh
Neopets Tech Support

Wow, how incompetant (sp?) are they? Seriously, if they can't even realize my account's suspended or they're simply ignoring me, then what good are they. Honestly? I checked and it still has 44 hours left.

They tell me I'm not suspended when I am. Very well active? Right, what are they on, seriously?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:23 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

jtaker wrote:
Istanbullfrog wrote:

Well, I don't sit there and scream "omg you broke the rules". I simply say things like "Posting off-topic is against the rules and considered spamming. If you have a Neopets Related question, please ask it. Otherwise, go to another board". If staff doesn't like it, then maybe they shouldn't ask us to help them monitor the site. Bleh, I wish Wendy still worked there. I would just send her links to boards and she would freeze people. I got a lot of people I hated frozen that way ;D Haha, another bit of proof to favoritism.

That's still backseat modding.

And heh, if you got a bunch of people you "hated" frozen and you were happy about that, I don't feel bad for you for getting suspended. You can (help) dish it out, but you can't take it? At least you still have your account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:29 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Shoyru_Lover wrote:
The Wonder Weezel wrote:
Moongewl wrote:

No it's not. It's an awesome simile. :P

(And it is awesome.)

Nabile pwns you...

            ...At Lenny Connundrum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:10 pm 

....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm supposed to feel pity for a guy who gets other players frozen just because he doesn't like them?! How dare you play the discrimination card and whine about how "Oh boo hoo TNT suspended me so they must be homophobes!!!" when you've gleefully destroyed other people's accounts without remorse! Do you realize how hypocritcal you sound? This would be like me, an African American, claiming that TNT is racist because they froze me after I hacked into their site. Frankly, I'm happy you're getting a taste of your own medicine. It doesn't feel so nice when you're the one getting unfairly punished, does it?

EDIT: I bet you wanna get me frozen too, eh report boy? the_neopia_fairy is my screenname. Bring it on. At least then your lame self will be exposed for what it really is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:53 pm 

the_neopia_fairy wrote:
....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm supposed to feel pity for a guy who gets other players frozen just because he doesn't like them?! How dare you play the discrimination card and whine about how "Oh boo hoo TNT suspended me so they must be homophobes!!!" when you've gleefully destroyed other people's accounts without remorse! Do you realize how hypocritcal you sound? This would be like me, an African American, claiming that TNT is racist because they froze me after I hacked into their site. Frankly, I'm happy you're getting a taste of your own medicine. It doesn't feel so nice when you're the one getting unfairly punished, does it?

EDIT: I bet you wanna get me frozen too, eh report boy? the_neopia_fairy is my screenname. Bring it on. At least then your lame self will be exposed for what it really is.

Ah, such childish-ness is rather humorous. I got people frozen years ago, and they all broke the rules anyways. It wasn't just because I didn't like them ;D But, I guess I do deserve somewhat of "revenge" taken out on me but, what none of you know is that the "revenge" you so feel I deserve has already been done to me. I've lost numerous accounts with hundreds of millions of np; once because I caught a girl scamming and she reported me for harassment.

I really find it hilarious. The fact that you all really know nothing about the situation and I wasn't the person who frozen their accounts; it was Wendy. So if you want to get literal, she was the one who should have suffered the consequences. Also, you should really re-read your posts because it shows your major lack of maturity and intelligence. You come off as some little kid on a lame little power hungry streak. *laughs*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:17 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

To me it seems like this staffer won't quit until she/he finishes you. Now the thing you need to do to get rid of them is report to tnt thru EMAIL, not a regular report, snail mail works well too. Telephone, telegram, something, it all works. Also, this person has to have a reason to hate you, check up on all members you've had frozen, suspended, etc. Some may have got their files back after being frozen, or just added numbers or underscores to their name, and find out if they're a staffer, likely, they could be the one.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next