Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:45 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: Keeping the Hallowe'en spirit all through the year.
zer0ordi3yo wrote:
I think it's funny how when you sign up they ask for your first n last name and then they put it on your userlookup, and then say "you cant post your name on neopets"...

Unless they changed that feature.

They hadn't as of Halloween, when I created my final account.

Of course, I never listed my real name on any of them.

In fact, my name keeps becoming increasingly unlikely:

1st three accounts: Will Nottel
Spooky pets account (Oct. 1): Sam Hain
Trick or Treat pet account: Jack O'Lantern

:roflol:

hiddenneggs / Will
----
"But then again, i think the main reason people invented civilization was to get together and complain about the wild animals eating them." --mousapelli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:46 am 
PPT God
PPT God

How exactly can Neopets prove that what you put up as your name is your real name?

I mean... I could make up some completely believable, real-sounding name, which wasn't my real name.. but how are they supposed to prove that it is or isn't my real name... :roll:

Seems kinda silly really...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:21 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I think that it is great. I really like the first one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:09 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Didn't we used to be able to delete shops? I remember a reset or remove button in there somewhere.

I also wish adam or someone would come on and clarify some of these questions that we've asked now, before someone gets frozen for breaking a rule we don't understand.

I'd like to know about the 'only one account per guild' as well. Does that mean that the owner of the guild can't make shops for it? Our guild has people making shops for it all the time. (quest shops, book stores, etc like a mall) But the guild owner doesn't have access nor did he create the shops, but most of them have the guild name in them. But again, they're all run separately, by different people, none of them being the guild owner. Are those guild shops/accounts?

(summary so far)
1) Clarify a party
2) Explain how TNT is going to enforse the name thing and clarify it
3) What happens if we already have a shop on a side account that's not in use
4) Multi-Neopets family computers (IE: 3 people with 5 accounts each on the same computer)
5) Clarify 'guild account'
6)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:29 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The guild account thing seems pretty straight forward to me. If you are the head of the guild you can use one of your side accounts which can have a guild store. If you are not the head of the guild and you have a guild store in addition to a normal store on your main account then you are breaking the rules. One shop for everyone unless you are the head.

As for the name thing, it would be wise if they'd change "Full Name" to "Alias". None of mine have my name of course and to be honest one name on the internet is not going to cause a whole lot of trouble but if they have gone to the bother of stating that we are not allowed to convey our last name anywhere else it would be smart to rename that particular feature. As it is people could still put their last name there as who is to say what is a real name and what is not? But as it is, the other information you are not allowed to give out should be given far more priority to keep banned anyway.

Overall I'm really impressed with the new t&c and faq, great work! :D

Petpet Central

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:04 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I think it's great that they're finally spelling it out. The writers did a great job in making it easily understood. I'm glad to see that I was right in being more careful with my second pet-holding account than people said I had to be. This should help enormously with the questions everyone had. ^_^

Asparagus Queen wrote:
Wait, I just saw this:

[snip]

Edit: And this one
Quote:
Q. I am throwing a huge party on the boards and want to invite Lawyerbot. Can he come?
A. Sorry to be a party pooper, but we don't allow parties on any boards in Neopets, even if we are invited. This includes Guild parties, slumber parties, house parties, spin the bottle, truth or dare, beach parties, hot tub parties, parties in role play, parties via instant messaging (aim/msn/yahoo), etc.
What's a "party"? We have parties in our guild, but that just means we all try to get on the message board to chat and to talk about old times. That's not really a party, but what is?

I think they're talking about where people role play as if they're at a party.

Person 1: *puts on some music and dances with person 2*
Person 2: *flirts with person 1*
Person 3: Bar's open! *pours drinks*
Person 4: *drinks a gallon and startsh acting shtupid*
Person 1: Great party! *makes out with person 2*
Person 4: *starts food fight*
Person 3: I've got 42 Pan Galactic Garble Blasters here! Come 'n get 'em!
And so on and so forth and all that jazz....

That sort of thing. A bunch of people picking a time to chat with each other is fine. It's definitely different than role playing a party.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:14 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Dunno what about you, but i think that these rules in the FAQ just sucked the fun out of the game.

well, i'm talking about - no using the New Member of New Member, no price fixing, no competitions in guilds, not giving my old account to a friend, not letting my friend play games for me (now how the hell are they going to enforce it?) - no nothing. you can't move or breathe because it violates the Utopian world of neopets.

COME ON!! I don't play neopets for having my cute pink Cybunny, feeding it and giving it faerie plushies. I play neopets mainly (maybe only) for the trading system, the whole neopoints system. making money is such a fun thing, especially when you don't risk real money. being a clever trader, planning strategies to earn money, sometimes using your experience against inexperienced players, making guild competitions.... its like TNT says: "hey, all the good methods of making money are forbidden!!! they are too good to be true!! its not fair that player with 3-years experience will make money easier than someone who just joined the game, it ruins the perfect utopia with little blond kids and green hills and butterflies we're trying to build here!!".

I'll be using the same old trading tricks. If they want to freeze me for that, well ok then, I have no problem: I don't really have much more to look for in this site except this.

(and don't say i didn't warn you: their next step will be Communist site where everyone has exactly the same amount of money, and if you're making money faster than someone else, you'll be either frozen or hanged by the loyal police of the big brother).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:54 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

lucifer wrote:
Dunno what about you, but i think that these rules in the FAQ just sucked the fun out of the game.

Not really. I never considered scamming people part of the fun of the game.

What I find puzzling is the "giving an account to a friend" question: the fictional questioner asks if it's OK to give an account to someone else and TNT responds that you can't sell or trade for accounts.

Which is fair enough -- I understand why they don't want people selling accounts -- but not what the question asked.

I don't see any good reason we shouldn't be able to give accounts out the way we give pets -- as long as we give them freely, what's the problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

lucifer wrote:

According to your post, you think cheating is fun. Plenty of people make ungodly amounts of np without resorting to disadvantaging other players, which apparently is what you do. Personally, I think people like YOU suck the fun out of the game.

Quote:
(and don't say i didn't warn you: their next step will be Communist site where everyone has exactly the same amount of money, and if you're making money faster than someone else, you'll be either frozen or hanged by the loyal police of the big brother).

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:27 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

bgryph wrote:
lucifer wrote:

you're right. scamming is not fun. but this is not scamming.

scamming is when you present a "H4000 helmet" in 99,999np in your shop, while it is only a Pile of Sludge. scamming is when you use keyloggers or ask people for their passwords or do this "neositting" thingy or spread false rumors.

using the fact that New Member don't check prices before they buy something is a pure use of their inexperience or irresponsibility. running guild lottery uses the false discretion of people. if you're careful and not rash or stupid, you can avoid any of the above. what can we do about it? rash or stupid people have to pay the price, like in real life.

until today i always found the fact that neopets gives you a lesson for life really wise and helpful. its like trading votes in Beauty Contest - you must have lots of friends and connections with big guilds if you want to win the contest. so true, so real life. but apparently, TNT prefers keeping the little children in the sweet dream that even if they act stupidly and buy Bendy Sword of Skardsen for 10m (now who would that? only dumb people), this is still the fault of the one who sold it to them, because he used his unfair advantage of experience and cleverness, over their stupidity. (sorry, i don't have a kinder word for this).

so give me a break - if they want it, so just make it a communist site. that way no one will have disadvantages or chance for losing money to others. the rash New Member and the experienced old players will have the same amount of money and same chance to make money. that way everyone's happy with their little cute kacheeks.

sounds good? ask Russia.

edit - Erin: thats funny to say that i suck the fun out of the game when you don't know what i'm doing at all. the only thing i've ever done from the above, is selling 100np items in the TP for 1k, and even that without stating even one false fact. if you just check the wiz, you shouldn't mind it. if you just want to buy it without checking, well then, i just hope that in real life you won't deliver a secret package that someone told you to deliver for him in South America. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:52 pm 

lucifer wrote:
bgryph wrote:
lucifer wrote:

using the fact that New Member don't check prices before they buy something is a pure use of their inexperience or irresponsibility. running guild lottery uses the false discretion of people.

You have to be a bit understanding about it - if you are going to say, "This Bendy Sword of Skardsen is for sale in the hidden tower and is a battledome item!" then you are scamming a person out of perfectly good money. AND if you attempt to sell one for the same going price as the regular item, then you are scamming too, even if you don't say a word. You are attempting to slip a fake item into a pile of good ones, which would get you fined in the US by the FTC. No reason that Neopets can't do the same.

Keep in mind, also, that Neopets is not the real world. If they want to try to be Utopian about a few things, then that's there prerogative.

As for just overcharging, it's true that it can be good business sense. Look at all of the top stores on the Neopets market - each one charges twice, at least, what any given item in that store actually goes for. But people pay it because they don't know any better.

If you're going to put items in your store for too high a price, that's fine and dandy, and if you sell them good for you. But you oughtn't go out and willfully attempt to deceive new users just because they're new users.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:53 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

You might not consider that scamming - many people do, and neopets sure as heck do. Scamming is not just done through cracking people's accounts or covering up an item image with another. It is also knowingly sellling something for far more than it is worth (and not just having it in your shop at that price - I mean putting it in trades saying it is worth x amount), artificially inflating items or ripping people off in any other ways.

These are not new rules, they have always been there - it's just that obviously some people didn't bother to read them. And neopets are able to track these things.

I'm glad they have these rules about fair play, those that break them eventually get frozen. No great loss.

Petpet Central

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:58 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Wow... you know what, lucifer, you're right. Asking people to play fair and not screw inexperienced players over for fake money in a virtual game is REALLY unreasonable. What in the world was I thinking?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:41 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Putting a 5,000 NP item into your shop for 10,000 NP = perfectly fine.
Going onto the TP and claiming a 5,000 NP item does something special to your pet (that it actually doesn't do) and is worth 50,000 NP = not fine.

Buying 1000 Leaf Shields because you know they'll inflate at wartime = perfectly fine.
Getting all the people who own the Amulet of Inevitable Betrayal together, jacking up the price to an artificially high amount at the TP, then offering on trades that you know are legitimately worth much more than your amulet = not fine.

It's not difficult, and it's not "Utopian." It's also not unfair. I've been playing Neopets for more than five years and haven't broken any of the "new" rules, and it hasn't sucked the fun out of the game one bit.

lucifer, if you say the only thing you've done is put 100 NP items in your shop for 1000 (which is perfectly legal), how can you say the new rules are sucking the fun out of the game? If you never break them anyway, why complain about them? Just go on doing what you've been doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:46 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

lucifer wrote:
so give me a break - if they want it, so just make it a communist site. that way no one will have disadvantages or chance for losing money to others. the rash New Member and the experienced old players will have the same amount of money and same chance to make money. that way everyone's happy with their little cute kacheeks.

Now you're just being silly.

Neopets is a game. The game has rules, which are set by TNT. Whatever YOU think about trying to rip off other players, TNT has decided they want to prevent it when possible. (This is good business sense on their part, IMHO... they don't want to drive the kids off the site.)

Saying that because the game has rules, it might as well be the case that everyone has the same amount of money is just silly (or at least sour grapes).

Look, basketball is a game. It has rules. You're not allowed to do just whatever you want in basketball to get the ball in the goal: using unnecessary violence against another player is not permitted, for example. This doesn't mean that all basketball teams are exactly equal, that everybody gets the same number of points, and that no one wins any games. It just means that players aren't allowed to beat each other up to try to score points in the game.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next