Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:04 pm 

Yeah I just tried but it occurs to me that not only are there no black doors. There are no grey ones either.

We also now have new colors - orange, purple and white...I am beginning to think we are missing something...

Edit: Oh yeah and then there is the thing with the different sized scrolls. That will probably be relevant too.

And the same NEW colors are in the Lenny Conundrum.

Insert Name Here ((((( hugs ))))

Lolly

Post subject: To Be Continued... (?)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I have noticed that the Temple banner is now shown 10 times more than normal, not sure if to get others interested/curious, or to catch our attention?

It occurred to me that we could very well be waiting a while on TNT again. They do like to surprise us, but they do usually wait a little inbetween bits, since people like us catch up so fast (relatively) with such helpful forums as PPT, but others take longer to catch up (alas, we all lead dual lives). :P

I agree either we missed something or we are just waiting. The tombs are still open to us, the Fortune Teller's message has not been updated. Poor Nabile and Tomos will be starving after days/weeks in a tomb with nothing to eat. Perhaps we are simply waiting on the Chef to really get food (from somewhere, not from us)? Then we will have to do something with that? (Although this plot gets more non-sensical as time goes on, in my opinion.)

Beyond that, I admit this is my first plot participation, but I do wonder why on Chapter 11 they bother to note "To Be Continued." I mean, doesn't that go without saying? They didn't put it at the end of any other Chapters. Have Adam and Donna gone on vacation? Maybe the Pant Devil abducted them, too. :P

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Last edited by anjuna on Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:09 pm 

sorry.... forgot the quote.

Lolly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:16 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Pjlollyluck wrote:
Yeah I just tried but it occurs to me that not only are there no black doors. There are no grey ones either.

We also now have new colors - orange, purple and white...I am beginning to think we are missing something...

Edit: Oh yeah and then there is the thing with the different sized scrolls. That will probably be relevant too.

oohhhh...perhaps the letters correspond to the symbols (names?) Worth at try...I didn't do the LC though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:25 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Pjlollyluck wrote:

The problem with trying to tie-in the LC is that it's only available in English, surely they wouldn't include something that the non-English speakers were unlikely to solve?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:29 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

oowen001 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
stampsyne wrote:
It is nice to know where all that information is at any given moment, but maybe it can be summed up / cleaned up to take up less room.

the_dog_god wrote:
What I was suggesting was just leave it as is in an older thread. Remove all the unneeded bits in the current thread and leave a link saying "For information on parts of the plot no longer available, click here"

er.. maybe u can jus break it into sections, and link the addresses here, so tat other ppl have a easier time finding their way thru? get wad i mean?

I believe the perfect place for the old information is on PPT's Lost Desert Plot Solutions Page. As of now, all that page does is link to the different splits on the forum. If most of the "catch up" information was moved to that page, and linked to from the first post, the first post could be used to provide more details on what is happening now. (ie. the new rooms and staircases, what has been tried with the crystal, patterns tried in reading scrolls, etc.) Hopefully, that would cut down on repetition of the same theories and questions and allow us to try to come up with the things we haven't yet tried.

A summary of what we know so far:
You can only get one crystal (if it is stolen or discarded, the Chef / Foreman will replace it);
You have to have been covered in scarabs to get the correct message from the Chef / Foreman in order to get the vial from the gift shop;
Arrangements of scrolls on racks are individualized - different for everyone;
There are 7 colors of scrolls and they do not correspond with colors in the temple. There are 5 sizes of scrolls. There are 12 symbols on the scrolls that correspond wtih the 12 symbols seen throughout the plot. This gives us a total of 420 different scrolls in the repository.
Reading a scroll inside the repository gives you what appears to be a random message followed by, "Your pet reads the scroll and hopefully learns something!"

The maps inside the repository have changed since the scrolls were added. A nice, concise summary:
Pia321 wrote:
I have found new staircases on all floors but the basement.
Floor 1: R:19 C:43

Floor 2: R:14 C: 25
Floor 2: R:16 C:27

Floor 3: R:13 C:21
Floor 3: R:19 C 21

Floor 4: R: 7 C:19
Floor 4: R: 12 C:19

Floor 5: Hidden stairs (looks like a normal grey square): R: 7 C: 8
The one on floor 5 goes down to F4 R7 C19. Now you can reach F4 R12 C19 and go down to F3 R13 C21. You can go to F3 R19 C21 and reach the normal staircase on the left of the 8 scrolls in the middle of the second level.

I havent found a way to reach the hidden stairs on the first and second floors.

To date, the entire basement and first floor have been searched for another "hidden" stair, similar to what is found on the 5th floor, with no results. Searches of the upper floors are underway.

Theories / patterns tested with scrolls:
Reading scrolls with the same symbol as the faerie statue in the order of the colors of the Lenny Conundrum does nothing. (This pattern disregards scroll size.)
Reading scrolls of all different colors and symbols (84 total), does nothing. (This pattern also disregards scroll size.)
Reading scrolls in the order of symbols on your Mysterious Tablet does nothing. (This pattern disregards color and size.)
Some are attempting to read all 420 different scrolls. Most report difficulty in finding a few scrolls.

For the crystal:
Speaking the prophecy to the statue while carrying the crystal does nothing.
Mixing the Useless Cystal and a Handful of Sand at the cooking pot does nothing.
You can't put it in your shop, auction it, trade it or donate it. You can put it in your SDB or gallery. It can't be equipped for use in the battledome.
Taking it to the repair shop, the ice crystal shop, the glaciers in Brightvale, the volcano, or the snowager, all do nothing.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but at least that's a lot of it in one place. :P

Solving the Master Vex avatar! Please share your screenshot. Punchbag Sid Tracking Thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:36 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

IanB wrote:
Pjlollyluck wrote:

The problem with trying to tie-in the LC is that it's only available in English, surely they wouldn't include something that the non-English speakers were unlikely to solve?

hmm... very good point...well, I'm out of ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:37 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

New news... no plot-related news :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:48 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I've been lurking for a while and I just had an idea I want to try, not sure if its been mentionened, but what if we just read all the yellow bens, you know the scroll that you see as a part of the fortune teller?

Not your typical, better than your average.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:56 pm 

what about the libraries?
dont you ppl think we its related?
i think we need to find a scroll that moves the rac away or something... like in the movies, you know?
and maybe we should wait to the next chapter and then the fortune teller will say something else

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:34 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

LC just has to do something with it.
The colors and the shapes are useless when solving the conundrum, but they fit perfectly with the scrolls. I'm sure its not a coincidence.

I wonder if we should wait for an update or maybe there is a solution that thousands of people can't get.... =\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:46 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

lucifer wrote:
LC just has to do something with it.
The colors and the shapes are useless when solving the conundrum, but they fit perfectly with the scrolls. I'm sure its not a coincidence.

I wonder if we should wait for an update or maybe there is a solution that thousands of people can't get.... =\

or TNT is giving us a false clue and playing with our minds...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:54 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

We're creeping up on TWO months since the plot first started (first comic came out on Aug. 30). I never imagined it would take this long...

Awesome Set by Neko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:15 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Two months would not be so long, if the end were in sight. I think that would be ok. I think we have lots more plot to go before it's finished!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:22 pm 

News is up and AGAIN. no mention of the plot or update to the comic! o_O

Lolly

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next