Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:42 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Armi wrote:

Only pose that annoys me is that one. Seems more..rushed.
EDIT: They gained a finger. O_o *hides from Huggles* She is not gonna like that. >.>

The grey already had the extra finger...

I like it better that way.

The gelert is pretty neat, but something about it is just... off. It seems a little dull (color-wise) and... old-looking? Like it was done a long time ago and given a slight makeover or something. I dunno, I can't explain it -- it just reminds me of the Monoceraptor or something. Also, the body shape seems wrong somehow.

Last edited by Cranberry on Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:46 am 
PPT God
PPT God

ladyredhat wrote:
congrats armi ;) kyruggi is awesome!

this kyrii freak is kinda neutral about the revamp. not too upset with it tho so thats a good thing.

good: visible hind legs, much better battledome poses.

bad: sad pose looks particularly sloppy. feet look like hooves in circle pose.

drives-me-insane: clearly has 3 toes in beaten pose, and 2 toes in all others. In the hit pose it is especially obvious that there is no hidden 3rd toe. I hoped TNT would make up their minds how many toes & fingers before attempting a revamp.

Thanks Lady Red. Congrats on you Mystic image. He's another awesome Kyrii of the site.

Hmm I never noticed the 3rd toe in beaten..aww, that sucks. I hope that's fixed soon.
Guessing they based the revampf rom how much people praise grey kyrii, so now they'll have 3 fingers.

Least I hope you don't feel like they ruined your favorite species. :( *holds her robot kyrii* I think he'll get missed inthe revamp.

Set by Ken
Playing these games: Tales of the Abyss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:00 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Armi wrote:
Least I hope you don't feel like they ruined your favorite species. :( *holds her robot kyrii* I think he'll get missed inthe revamp.

I don't think it is ruined, since some things that sucked got fixed (like the battle poses) I am thinking island might get missed as well.

<3 the mutant gelert. I almost would want that rather than paint my zafara darigan.

What would Honor do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:05 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

The mutant Gelert scares me, it doesn't really look like a Neopet.. none of the new mutants do. I am just so used to gelerts not having mutant versions, too, so.. I was never looking forward to it. All mutants scare me though, regardless if they look like pets or not.

Anyways, Kyrii update - What happened to them? They look like their are anorexic. Atleast their upper half. Could just be the neck though, it looks rather long.

Image Image

They don't have that slyness about them anymore, either. It just mad like its going to scratch you (claws..). Atleast I think.

Really, no offence to the Neopets artists, I usually like revamps, and this one has potential, just if they looked happier, were a little more filled out and lost the claws.. they'd look better. Their current style reminds me of Zafaras.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

*kicks NNN* :battar:

Set by Ken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:47 am 

anchororange wrote:
Credit: Neocolours

ImageImage

do i smell a kyrii makeover? it looks especially sinister...i want. i don't like shoyrus, so, uh, post about it. yeah.

Wow. That's all I can say about the ghost kyrii. For once it looks well shaded-- especially the hair!. Unfortunately upon looking at the cloud kyrii, I noticed they share the same expression as the ghost.
One of the reasons I liked the ghost colour was because it had superior personality, although it's a little dark and doesn't necessarily look "dead". Could this be another action from Neopets? Afterall, they prevent the death issue in the Neopian Times. Really, it's just strikes me as a teal colour. Either way, I'm still fond of the other superior ghost pets (ex. lupe, aisha, kougra).
I just wished the cloud kyrii would be a tad happier. And as someone mentioned, this does remind me of the Zafara revamp!. I liked the slightly plump idea of the Kyrii, and really enjoyed it's thicker legs. This just makes it resemble some sort of weasel hybrid wannabe.

Hopefully my ideal kyrii colours will still be prefected. Rainbow needs a touch up, but I hope they leave gray like it is.
Talking about gray pets, I absolutely adore the shoyru and zafara. Once Neopets realises the shoyru has gray eyes and fixes it, it'll be beautiful and another wonderful gray addition. No wonder the PBs are over 2m!.
The mutant gelert, though a tad too muscular, is a great redraw. I can just imagine a few of them preparing to make their entrance-- roleplayers, specificly.

Now I just have to sit here and wait for a baby krawk to appear. Or better yet, royal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:48 am 
PPT God
PPT God

No, I'm not happy about the extra fingers. It's not so much how many they have, just that they're not consistent. If they want kyrii to have 3 toes and 4 fingers than they should take the single easiest part to reviewing a drawing and count them beforehand! Jeeze.

Aside from that, the tiny neck, and the really bizzare sad pose, I really like the revamp. It's certainly not the very best I think kyrii can be, but it's a step up from before.

And I want them to revamp Island. Please. I paid to morph and paint mine and I like the new circle pose more than any of the others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:55 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Quote:
Now I just have to sit here and wait for a baby krawk to appear.

Have fun waiting, it was officaly said baby Krawk will never happen. Petpet Krawk is as baby as you'll get.

I do beleive the Kyrii is suppose to be the rodent neopet.

Huggles, you'd thinkt hey would check for how many toes/fingers are in each pose. I'mg uessing they did these in steps/days, so they started with beaten and just forgot it had 3 toes by the time they finished all the poses. I never got how they mess up with species poses...doesn't someone review the art before putting it on the servers? >.>

Grey Shoyru is lacking...the poses seem...dead. Really dead, I mean if it's grey, just keep it grounded instead of looking like..I dunno. It just seems odd.
Grey Zafara was well done, though it seems more lke it has a "yeah...whatever" mood then normal grey. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you.

Set by Ken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:39 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Wow, I love the revamped kyrii. Some of you seem to not like the sort of weasely look it has, but personally I love it. If I were to redraw the kyrii myself, I don't think it'd look much different. I can't wait to see the pirate, disco, and fire redraws.

My only problem with it is that the head looks too big in the sad pose. But that's about it. I just hope they don't redo the robot kyrii.

And I think the beaten pose has four fingers, it's just that the thumb is hidden.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:56 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: Cleaning up messes and bopping dirty petpets in The Hall of Heroes
Cranberry wrote:
Armi wrote:

The gelert is pretty neat, but something about it is just... off. It seems a little dull (color-wise) and... old-looking? Like it was done a long time ago and given a slight makeover or something. I dunno, I can't explain it -- it just reminds me of the Monoceraptor or something. Also, the body shape seems wrong somehow.

OMG!!! That makes me want to get a gelert. That mutant is hidiousally awesome!!

[Neopets: Sir_Grokon][Subeta: Wreck-It_Ralph] [Club Penguin: Cubedude]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:14 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Yurble the Kid wrote:
Cranberry wrote:
Armi wrote:

theres only ONE thing i dont like about it...

it should be the darigan gelert.... because then what IS a darigan gelert going to look like? a mutant gelert should have extra feet... or tentacle ears.... and... eyes bigger than its feet.... spikes.... yeah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:27 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The Wonder Weezel wrote:
Yurble the Kid wrote:
Cranberry wrote:
Armi wrote:

it should be the darigan gelert.... because then what IS a darigan gelert going to look like? a mutant gelert should have extra feet... or tentacle ears.... and... eyes bigger than its feet.... spikes.... yeah.

I think it's a great mutant. A darigan gelert could be big and shaggy with lots of scales and weirdness going on. But mutant wise? This looks like a mutant to me.
It's wicked.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:32 am 
PPT God
PPT God

ahoteinrun wrote:
The Wonder Weezel wrote:
Yurble the Kid wrote:
Cranberry wrote:
Armi wrote:

I think it's a great mutant. A darigan gelert could be big and shaggy with lots of scales and weirdness going on. But mutant wise? This looks like a mutant to me.
It's wicked.

I love the werewolf style going on, kinda reminds me of Professor Lupin in Harry potter

Get your egg at http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:45 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

ahoteinrun wrote:
It's wicked.

But, you have it backwards...MUTANTS are meant to be weird, Darigan pets are meant to look evil and tough.

The gelert is drawn cool and all, but it ticks me off that it's a mutant, because I constantly await new mutants to come out and I expect them to be, you know, MUTATED, so to me this is a "wasted" mutant. The Bruce, Tuskaninny and Koi were all absolutely perfect, then they go right back to making lame "angry" mutants with this and the hissi.

http://www.bogleech.com
http://scythemantis.deviantart.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:08 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

The Wonder Weezel wrote:

What they always do: Wings.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next