Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:32 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Key Quest [Split #1]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

mmmnnn1316 wrote:
hey does anyone know why you would play a 4 or 3 player game instead of a 2 player. are the prizes better because 2 players are much faster?
I know I've only played 3 or 4 player games when I've been playing with multiple friends. The prizes are pretty much the same (1st place still gets a gold key in a 5-key game).
There are more powerups available in the 3 and 4 player games, so that makes it a little more exciting, for those looking for a change.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:56 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Is there non scripted chat now? Because I don't have it, but the person I'm plauying against seems to have it.

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:34 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

At the moment there is only scripted chat, but the new version will have both options.

It may seem that your opponent is talking but there are a lot of options under the scripted chat, which if you are good and fast at finding the right ones, it can seem like they are just typing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:00 am 

yay!!!! A no mini-game one! I no like the mini-games...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:59 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Hi all,

I just had a go at this game and must say I am less than impressed.

I was playing it quite well. Getting all the keys and winning all the minigames etc etconly to find that my oppoment was either cheating or there is big fat massive bug in the game.

Its just that whenever I got a key or won a minigame my np total would decrease and that same key would be added to my oppoment. Thus my oppoment won the game unfairly. I am like WTFIGO How could he win when he did not win any mini games and only walked on one key.

If this is the way the game is going to be I will not ne playing it ever again. I don't think its nice if i'm winning and suddenly I see that my winnings are added to the oppoments total instead of mine. Like I was at 1100np and when I won a minigame I dropped down to 0np Like how can that happen. I noticed that the oppoment score kept going up and up.

I hope is account gets freezed cause i', unhappy.

I hope you can understand my really crappy ramble

Regards,

Stuart.
aka Stuart179 on neopets

Bring KISS to my Hometown

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:22 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

StuMan wrote:
Hi all,

I was playing it quite well. Getting all the keys and winning all the minigames etc etconly to find that my oppoment was either cheating or there is big fat massive bug in the game.

Its just that whenever I got a key or won a minigame my np total would decrease and that same key would be added to my oppoment. Thus my oppoment won the game unfairly. I am like WTFIGO How could he win when he did not win any mini games and only walked on one key.

If this is the way the game is going to be I will not ne playing it ever again. I don't think its nice if i'm winning and suddenly I see that my winnings are added to the oppoments total instead of mine. Like I was at 1100np and when I won a minigame I dropped down to 0np Like how can that happen. I noticed that the oppoment score kept going up and up.

Regards,

Stuart.
aka Stuart179 on neopets

The game is in Beta, that means it is still in testing. Yes, there are bugs/glitches and somewhat of an unfair advantage to the faster computers/internet connections.

But having said that, the rewards are well worth it. I have been in constant training with all the codestones I win as well as the neggs which I use. The nps I make from selling all the other prizes is far more than I make by restocking.

The nps that you win in the game, I believe have a weird bug or at least a weird way of working. I have noticed that sometimes when you move, the amount you win for that turn stay in your user interface (making it seem you have lost nps) but when your opponents move, your nps are adding on to your total.

I have never seen my nps go to someone else. I have played almost 500 games.

The minigames hardly work well for the slower, older computers or for dial up or slow connections. Even though it seems you are winning, there is such a huge lag (for me sometimes it can be as high as 15 seconds), the game is usually over by the time my computer has caught up. That is why you can miss a turn after a mini-game - the computer has lagged so much that the game is still on screen while the other guy has already won.

The new premium version runs faster, but there is still a noticeable difference between faster and slower computers. I doubt the game will ever run the same for everyone as it is very memory/graphic intensive and TNT will never be able to cater for everyone.

Overall, I would prefer to put up with this game, than spend the same amount of time on a bunch of others.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
So I got a chance last night to try some of the new Premium boards. I must say that I like the charm board the best... I had a chance during one turn to move some ridiculous amount of spaces, like 30, because of the charms. I haven't tried any of the mini-game themed boards yet... I'm too afraid of my brand-new computer seizing up. The one board I don't understand is the one that has the faerie bubbles on it. It never tells you what effects they have on you, which is strange. And on the Haunted Woods board, I've noticed that if you go into a mini-game, the regular music doesn't come back on once you return to the board.

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:42 am 
PPT God
PPT God

OK, where'd the boards go? When I create a game, it went back to the old thing with just one board.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:00 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Looks like TNT are updating the game again.

All the boards are gone again, only one available is Neopia Central.

There are some small updates to the graphics on the user interface in the lobby.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Looks like they've implemented several of the updates. Went to play a game last night, and the graphics are updated, the arrows are now alongside the tracks, the power-ups come up side by side, and the new power-ups have been added. Also, looks like sometimes when you win a mini-game, you get a choice of a power-up instead of a key. I *think* this may happen if you have more keys than the other person, but I haven't played enough yet to confirm. It certainly changes the game up!

Also, walked into Toys R Us Monday to try to find a Halloween JubJub or Halloween Acara, and found THESE instead:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3173967
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3338522
:o Royals! SO TOTALLY AWESOME!

...needless to say, we walked out with one of each box.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:46 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Thanks mate that answers everything.
The game is running a hell of a lot faster now too.
Just shows that I should be paitent
Daze wrote:
StuMan wrote:
Hi all,

Regards,

Stuart.
aka Stuart179 on neopets

The game is in Beta, that means it is still in testing. Yes, there are bugs/glitches and somewhat of an unfair advantage to the faster computers/internet connections.

But having said that, the rewards are well worth it. I have been in constant training with all the codestones I win as well as the neggs which I use. The nps I make from selling all the other prizes is far more than I make by restocking.

The nps that you win in the game, I believe have a weird bug or at least a weird way of working. I have noticed that sometimes when you move, the amount you win for that turn stay in your user interface (making it seem you have lost nps) but when your opponents move, your nps are adding on to your total.

I have never seen my nps go to someone else. I have played almost 500 games.

The minigames hardly work well for the slower, older computers or for dial up or slow connections. Even though it seems you are winning, there is such a huge lag (for me sometimes it can be as high as 15 seconds), the game is usually over by the time my computer has caught up. That is why you can miss a turn after a mini-game - the computer has lagged so much that the game is still on screen while the other guy has already won.

The new premium version runs faster, but there is still a noticeable difference between faster and slower computers. I doubt the game will ever run the same for everyone as it is very memory/graphic intensive and TNT will never be able to cater for everyone.

Overall, I would prefer to put up with this game, than spend the same amount of time on a bunch of others.

Bring KISS to my Hometown

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:38 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
Key Quest is out of beta and available in all languages! Thanks to all of you who helped test it. Now you can play Key Quest with all-new features including new mini-games, power-ups, and who knows -- you might even see a mystery character pop up now and again.

From the Editorial:

Quote:
Dear TNT, I've been playing Key Quest for quite a while now, duly reporting the hiccups I am facing (btw, it's a SUPER game). However, not being very good at it, I decided to go to the Neoboards. I've seen lots of postings about alternate games there. I am most reluctant to enter one of those, and would like to be sure I am not doing anything illegal! Would entering one of them be allowed? Best regards. ~mimiouw
Taking turns winning is not allowed. We consider that cheating. Please play the game as it is meant to be played.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Has anyone else been having trouble connecting to KeyQuest? I haven't been able to get past the blue loading screen since it was released out of beta yesterday :roll:

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:34 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Yeah, same here, it's so annoying!

I'm too old for this!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:38 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Probably because now the whole site is trying to get on, and the servers can't take it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next