Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:28 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Okay, Sky, so then .. how do we reverse the entropy of this plot? ;)

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:30 am 
PPT God
PPT God

But skynetmain, this is the momentum of the plot, not our momentum. We wouldnt change at all, but the energy of the plot would have to turn into mass somewhere...

anjuna wrote:

but thats not possible!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:32 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
anjuna wrote:

Simple, with a lot of work. Entropy can be defined as energy. Defining entroy as a negative factor and applying energy conservation, work (and therfore energy) will have to be applied to counter the entropy.

Edit:
Quote:
But skynetmain, this is the momentum of the plot, not our momentum. We wouldnt change at all, but the energy of the plot would have to turn into mass somewhere...

If we define plot momentum as being electronic, then the energy would be in particle interactions: electrons for regular wire and photons for fiber optics. Defining it like that, than we would have to say that not all the momentum is lost since we would lose or internet connections if we lost all electron motion. This wouldn't apply to photon motion since photons are massless, and therefore must exist with only momentum. The photons could change frequency, but then we'd all be getting a great dose of radiation.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Last edited by Skynetmain on Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:33 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Skynetmain wrote:
Elric wrote:
Skynetmain wrote:
Elric wrote:
The thing with this plot is that the momentum starts up and goes full force and then!.....stops dead.

<Big physics argument>

Basically, it is how energy and momentum relate. What I left off are the intagibles: sound, heat, etc. Our lost momentum could get translated into heat or sound. Since we all give a frustrated yell once nothing happens, that changes our momentum energy into sound. It is usually easier to discount the intangibles for straight energy conservation. In practice, the intagibles play a bigger part than mentioned. Don't worry if you don't get it, Elric. (Al)chemists don't have to know as much real science as physicists.

From my pov gravity beats all, so I'm going to lay down and have a snooze. Perhaps that confirms your theories, certainly the one on loss of clickies!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:33 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Skynetmain wrote:
anjuna wrote:

Simple, with a lot of work. Entropy can be defined as energy. Defining entroy as a negative factor and applying energy conservation, work (and therfore energy) will have to be applied to counter the entropy.

But entropy cannot be countered, it can only be stopped from increasing...

IanB wrote:
From my pov gravity beats all, so I'm going to lay down and have a snooze. Perhaps that confirms your theories, certainly the one on loss of clickies!

and heres a nice parody about how gravity doesnt exist...
http://www.physics.rutgers.edu/ugrad/381/Gravity.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:40 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
But entropy cannot be countered, it can only be stopped from increasing...

The best analogy for entropy is like a college student's bedroom. Left on its own, it will get messier and messier. To reduce the mess/entropy, we have to apply work/energy to reverse the mess/entropy. It just takes a lot more work to reverse a little entropy.

Edit: Love that gravity article too.

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:51 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Everything is connected, hence we are to the plot in *some* meaningful way. But we digress, are either too near- or far- sighted. Let us remember the focus that is most appropriate for this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:59 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

And the hypothesis of said entropy would indeed inflict much random energy to the point that pulsations of light would extend from the atoms of the mass that is in fact the central stagnant force of movement.

Pheh.

I'll just keep to the basics.

Clap. Make stuff. Repeat.

Elric's LDP Fun Pics
Visit Petfinder.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:00 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

anjuna wrote:
Everything is connected, hence we are to the plot in *some* meaningful way. But we digress, are either too near- or far- sighted. Let us remember the focus that is most appropriate for this.

Speaking of getting back to the task at hand, how is the basement hunt going?

Edit:
Quote:
I'll just keep to the basics.

Clap. Make stuff. Repeat.

:roflol: Got to love you crazy alchemists.

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:09 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Skynetmain wrote:
Speaking of getting back to the task at hand, how is the basement hunt going?

Thank you for asking. I am almost done, and nothing so far, checking every corner, and even going backtracking some. Be sure to let you know of any basement "trap" before I sleep here; 1st floor tomorrow for me, unless someone has found something or there is a clue or change.

Let's all work together to reverse the entropy. Mind over matter. (And as my Dad would say, "If you don't have a mind; it doesn't matter." ;) Take that as you will, but I still think as long as you have the intention, that's what matters.) Peace out, y'all. :hug:

EDIT: Okay, my eyes are bleeding and I'm having seizures from so many click/page refreshes. Or maybe my eyes are bleeding and it just looks like I'm having a seizure. Or maybe neither, since I can apparently report to you that as of now, there is nothing "hidden" in the basement. :cry: << "Seizing Tears of Blood" << (should be a new Weapon on neopets lol)

Post subject: Clickies
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:07 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Clickies seems to be a factor in the roles we play.

It was reported in neopian Time that TNT wanted to make this a super hard plot. Now, in regards to the past plots (of which I took no part ), how is that one different and what can we make of it?

Speaking of strategies, what if we do the following exercise based upon the interviews or questions answered in the Neopian Times :
(get in character everybody and picture yourself as a member of TNT)
We are TNT, what's in our mind?

Let's assume we are the TNT and we are preparing the Lost Desert Plot.
let's presume what are the goals :

- Our goal is to make the job harder for this plot to be resolved. (granted)
- Instead of having a common answer that can be passed around to attain a certain point, individual effort are needed. (mapping the temple, getting the tablet translated, finding the right door to Statue).
- People will have to figure things for themselves (riddle of temple doors, riddle to get past the guards in the repository, getting Foreman his souvenir inexchange of apparently useless cristal)
- People will not able to choose sides during the war. (we've seen this)
- Group effort will be emphased during the LDP (as shown in moving sand, blocks, furniture)
- Time factor, the plot has to last a certain time and finish before the release of the video game, November 15) and numerous clickies (for commercial reasons) are a consideration (temple doors, sand moving, block moving, furniture moving, scroll reading in depository).
- The LDP will not be finished until us (still presuming) TNT wants it to be finished by us, therefore waiting time will be included for people to catch up, ponder upon possible theories.
- a Comic is released concurrently with developments of the plot thereby giving hints.
- Battling in the Battledome has taken place and whoever was able to win at least against the Spirit of the Ruins will gain points for this. (a sad thing, forgetting the weak Neopets is that maybe a weaker opponent will have give them a sense of pride, hopefully it will be corrected).

Ok now what is missing is the key to untangle the rest of the plot.

A trend is coming through all the development of this plot. The group effort. I believe there is something that we need to do together in order to be able to further the plot.
Whether it's paying a ransom by donating neopoints (yuck) or harnessing altogether an energy strong enough to defeat the curse. (eating ummagine and rotting it all is alas not the answer).

Our handfuls of sands are so far the only new elements that we were allowed to keep. (sniff, I too wanted to keep the T-shirt). Will the handfuls of sands play a role?

How the comic will end will have a direct impact on our next move. I mean, Skynetmain (revered physicist to be and extraordinary creative mind) has covered just about all alternatives scenario to the ending.

If I am in TNT's mind again (bring on the acetylsalicylic acid), there would have to be a twist in the story ending to throw off people of what they think it will happen. And I do think they do have talented people to script that. Amira is not seen in a good light so far in the comic. She may suffer ultimately or end up in the role of the villain.

The best theory I see (or I've seen or foreseen) would involve Nabile being the love interest that would free Jazan from his curses.

Speaking of curses, apart from reading scrolls that maintain the antidote, how do you cure one?
How about making a concoction? Kauvara? Edna? Oesophagor? Kitchen Quest?
It would make sense since the Foreman/chef speaks about having mislabeled food and not being able to cook yet.

FOOD, Food will be an issue soon.
Food, or food labeling maybe within our trajectory to do this plot. But how and why remain.

I recap :
We're all in it for the clickies (and the rewards)
A group effort into a final cohesive action will take place.
The waiting time is something purposely planned.
Food is an upcoming issue.
The end might not be as evident as the story might show.

I don't hold the truth about this plot but boy, am I looking for it...

Truth is the first casualty of war - Churchill

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, xxxholic, Full Metal Alchemist, Fruit Baskets, Ergo Proxy, now what is next ? hints wanted from knowledgeable anime fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:14 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Hmmm. Sand makes glass, so maybe you can make another 'crystal'.

Or combine the crystal with the sand to create a lovely sand glass panel :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:29 am 

Christopher wrote:

i've already tried mixing sand and crystal

Post subject: Re: Clickies
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:37 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: In the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
master_cat wrote:
Amira is not seen in a good light so far in the comic. She may suffer ultimately or end up in the role of the villain.

If it's worth any speculation, you forget about this:

http://www.neopets.com/tcg/cotd.phtml?card=68
Quote:
The third Card of the Day is the first card that features something from our up and coming Lost Desert adventure. Yes, one of the heroes, Princess Amira. Well, when we say hero, she doesn't do anything particularly heroic. At least not at first, but I don't want to spoil anything for you :)

If this is correct as far as forshadowing, they have already put her in the bad light... but something is going to turn that all around.

.. In between the cover of another perfect wonder where it’s so white as snow //
Running through the field where all my tracks will be concealed and there's nowhere to go...

Post subject: not a bad idea
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:37 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Christopher wrote:

Not a bad idea.
But how do you create crystal out of sand?
Not by combining, but with fire. Where is the greatest source of fire in Neopia?
Volcano?

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, xxxholic, Full Metal Alchemist, Fruit Baskets, Ergo Proxy, now what is next ? hints wanted from knowledgeable anime fan.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next