Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:05 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Cranberry wrote:

Not bad! I'm not a big Ruki fan, but that's pretty.

It is an orchid mantis!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:22 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

_B4U_ wrote:
mumble mumble

If someone would help me out in this topic, I might be able to help us with the Lutari deal.[/size]

:o Wow that font you use is really tiny. size=1 :P

Back to topic:

Faerie ruki - poses good for happy- sad, but then the style changes afterwards.

The poses I'm not crazy about are the hit and beat pose expecially.

I think the artist needed to keep the head shape, outer wing length, and abdomen consistant with all the poses.

Other than those nitpicky things it is excellent and I long to paint my ruki that if I get the opertunity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:47 am 
PPT God
PPT God

anchororange wrote:
jubjub looks ok. IMO, it's a pretty nice redraw, but i wonder what other people here will say about it.

Heh at least it isn't "Jarbjarb"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:50 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I HATE the faerie ruki. The only original poses are circle and happy (something Armi already pointed out). Faerie pets should be redraws. Recycling the same poses and adding wings and pastel colors is boring and lazy.

VERY disappointing, especially after all the really wonderful faerie pets of late.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:41 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

At least the most commonly seen pose (circle) is a redraw. I'm absolutely floored that they made a flower/orchid mantis Ruki. It's one of those concepts that are obvious to me, but seem "too clever" or "too obscure" to show up on neopets.

http://www.bogleech.com
http://scythemantis.deviantart.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:37 am 

Scythemantis wrote:
At least the most commonly seen pose (circle) is a redraw. I'm absolutely floored that they made a flower/orchid mantis Ruki. It's one of those concepts that are obvious to me, but seem "too clever" or "too obscure" to show up on neopets.

Hey, give us a bit of credit- some of us love having obscure references in our paintbrushes. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:43 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Erin wrote:
I HATE the faerie ruki. The only original poses are circle and happy (something Armi already pointed out). Faerie pets should be redraws. Recycling the same poses and adding wings and pastel colors is boring and lazy.

VERY disappointing, especially after all the really wonderful faerie pets of late.

I honestly thought I was the only one annoyed at the possible "redraw" that the Faerie & Desert Rukis had.

In all honestly, the Faerie one looks very wrong - I don't recall Ruki's having necks that are "too much neck, not enough turtle" (Garfield reference). And the Desert one, I agree with Huggles - same brown as the Brown Ruki makes it feel wrong to me. It just looks and feels strange - like the artist had a bad day with the tablet...

If that's the Ruji Redraw, I fear for my Island baby, Brezenae. If they warp this, she's changing >>;

Fraggle Rock Forever!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:49 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I love the faerie ruki! Awesomeness, that's the only one of their colours I like actually. I can see the skill with the desert one but it doesn't really appeal to me, if I liked ruki's though I'd be labbing for faerie asap :)

Petpet Central

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:13 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

shroomy wrote:
Scythemantis wrote:

Hey, give us a bit of credit- some of us love having obscure references in our paintbrushes. ;)

Please tell me you're doing the faerie and/or Maraquan Eyrie they mentioned in the latest editorial! Poor thing needs some awesome colors...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:38 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Scythemantis wrote:

They do that quite a lot, actually. The brown, faerie, rainbow, pink, and shadow lennies are all based off of real birds, which is wonderfully creative.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:35 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Erin wrote:
Scythemantis wrote:

They do that quite a lot, actually. The brown, faerie, rainbow, pink, and shadow lennies are all based off of real birds, which is wonderfully creative.

Halloween Lenny is based off a real bird too... :P

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:54 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Cranberry wrote:
shroomy wrote:
Scythemantis wrote:

Please tell me you're doing the faerie and/or Maraquan Eyrie they mentioned in the latest editorial! Poor thing needs some awesome colors...

I'd love to see a Maraquan Eyrie, I might even get one :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:30 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Erin wrote:

Yeah, but they aren't near as obscure as a flower mantis :)

http://www.bogleech.com
http://scythemantis.deviantart.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:45 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

http://www.neopets.com/space/space_market.phtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:59 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

smudgeoffudge wrote:

Well that looks a little crazy ... :roll:

glorious set by neko.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next