Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:41 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: war prizes. >:-( (Cont., Split #1)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Continue the discussion here. :)

Previous thread: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12942

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:38 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Morningstar wrote:
Perhaps a boycott of the next war is in order? I mean, after all, it is their game and their rules and their decision on what prize to give out to whom, but they can't make you fight in the next war.

A boycott of the next war will be pointless and it will be too far away to have an impact.

A boycott of the entire site within the next few days would probably get their attention though. For example, February 4th, all PPTers would stay off the site. Until that time, we'd make banners, shop ads, tell our friends, whatever to try and get the word out to as many people as possible. If we got enough people, that should make a big enough impact that they'd realize we're serious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

notanderson_neo wrote:
A boycott of the next war will be pointless and it will be too far away to have an impact.

A boycott of the entire site within the next few days would probably get their attention though. For example, February 4th, all PPTers would stay off the site. Until that time, we'd make banners, shop ads, tell our friends, whatever to try and get the word out to as many people as possible. If we got enough people, that should make a big enough impact that they'd realize we're serious.

Like the Day of Action? As far as I heard, that didn't make as big a difference as planned even though tons of people didn't play during that time.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:41 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I seem to recall people trying to do this before quite a few months ago now. I stayed off the site for the day and nothing actually happened. I think the majority of the users are way too addicted for this to actually be realistic.

Post subject: First
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:42 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I'll be the first to respond to this split with this:

Quote:

Quote:
War Prizes :-<

First: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... sc&start=0

War Prizes :-< II

Second: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12963

The link right there above is a link to a PinkPoogleToy Forum topic. More or less an outrage over the distrubution of the War prizes. I won't explain everything here, as most of it is in the topic right there. The first link there is ten full pages of disapointments and other things that I ask you go look at. The second link there is the second topic of this disapointment, and I ask again for you to also read the posts there as well.

Many of us did play our hinds off in this war. Many of us expected an item that would suit our scoring. Many of us where shocked and dishearted to discover a "lazy-ness" of distrubution of the prizes amongest the players, and the sides they where on.

Thank you for reading this, I hope you can at least actually try to help us out here, and perhaps request Adam or someone from TNT, who can be confirmed over at PinkPoogleToy Forums, to explain why they did what they did. Or, post something in the news perhaps?

-Charlie Grimes (Username: Whta1)

That is an email I just directly sent to one of the TNT members, email I had saved from a resposne. I do hope it gets through and all that stuff. I'm posting that to let anyone else feel the need to do the same. Just copy/paste and change your name and username

There everyone goes if you feel you need to mail them. I did copy/paste this from the previous topic, changed a couple of things since this is the second topic and all that fun stuff.

Edit: Darn, guess I wasn't the first to respond. Figures, had to redo a few things and loose my spot...

Spells are my thing ;)

Last edited by Witch King on Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

firesprings wrote:
I seem to recall people trying to do this before quite a few months ago now. I stayed off the site for the day and nothing actually happened. I think the majority of the users are way too addicted for this to actually be realistic.

Also, another problem is that there are many users who just go about their regular Neopets business and don't even know it's going on. As many people that go to forums and such, I'd be willing to bet there are many more that do not.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:44 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

People did that "Day of Action" before and that did zip. There's no way a few hundarend users will hurt a site with 90 mil users.

Unless every famous person and groupies of the fan, along with all neopet fan sites, all get up and leave for awhile...it's pointless.
Trying to rant over war prizes and stuff won't change TNT. They do whatever they wish.

Set by Ken
Playing these games: Tales of the Abyss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Armi wrote:
Trying to rant over war prizes and stuff won't change TNT. They do whatever they wish.

Actually, people have complained about things in the past and change was made. It's not pointless. It'll just take a lot of effort and response.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:50 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Let me rephrase that...

Ranting over anything related to war won't do nothing.

I mean, that trying to complain for war related things is futile, now stuff like, sidebar and such...those are seen daily, so naturally they need to hear rants,but when it comes to wars...they put earplugs in. Seriously, how they gave prizes for this war was terrible.
I do like the fact they gave a toy over a T-shirt.

Set by Ken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:52 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

This sure is a fast moving topic :o

I didn't score much so I pretty much got what I deserved at 39 pts. But I'm bothered to see that both sides got the same prize?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:59 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Yeah, I only scored 55 but I'm getting the same as people who deserve more... I'm kind of amazed neo did this..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:02 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

That is what I don't like. People who scored 11 Pt's got the toy, people who scored 4999 got the toy.

Neither side got ANYTHING different, not even a slight color variation.

Spells are my thing ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:05 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Why did we move from one topic to this one?

-If you ever need help, I'll do my best to help
-My Neopet name is Galonski64
-I am offering homes for the poor Clockwork Icy Skeleton so if you have one you hate, please donate them to me, Thankyou.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:06 am 
PPT God
PPT God

galonski64 wrote:

When topics on here hit 10 pages they get spitted. I think it's a rule/trend now.

Set by Ken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:08 am 
PPT God
PPT God

galonski64 wrote:

The other topic was locked because it hit 10 pages. The mods here split threads out of consideration to the members so that the won't have to read 10 pages of discussion to get to the current discusion. :)

I'm finally back for the summer, although hopefully I'll spend a little more time away from this screen.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next