It is currently Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Features in Neopia [Split 1]
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 4:00 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
New Split! Original thread here

A board for news items or changes in Neopia that may result in a event, plot or updated maps or content on Neopets.

Example:

Monday 18 April - Cooking Pot on Mystery Island - Error: Sorry, Mystery Island Cooking Pot is down for maintenance! Please try again later!

News 19 April - It seems that Jhuidah was in need of a little R&R after letting the Mystery Island Cooking Pot boil over! And while our cleanup crew comes through to deal with the mess, she will be taking a little vacation to get back into top form. Stay tuned and don’t fret - she will be back before you know it!

Post subject: Re: New Features in Neopia [Split 1]
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 4:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:50 pm

New Beta Release notes today...
Bug Fix Release 2024-03-14 wrote:
Bug Fixes
Pet Care - Down with boring books! We are trying to break from a long-time Neopets tradition of your neopets hating things for no particular reason.
NC Purchase - Improved NC purchase and redeem process. Users should see updated NC balance swiftly.
Premium Subscription - Fixed a scenario where premium perks were not updated and synced with renewal date.
Neoboard Reporting - When reports are made on first post of a Neoboard thread, a fix was made to ensure the report does not have issues and gives feedback.
Y'all. This is HUGE.

Books are no longer boring. Toys are no longer boring. Foods are no longer yucky. Petpets are no longer "get that ___ away from me!"

So...maybe those with longer named pets are less affected by this than those with shorter named pets. But...my 6- and 7-character-long-named pets have always been hit hard by these things (since it also includes any multiple of the number of characters of your pets names). I've been switching languages to get books read to my primary book reader, but that only worked with items before a certain date. No more switching to Chinese to read a book! WOOOOOT!!!

ETA:

There's a new avatar available at the Grundo Warehouse. It was the end of a couple-months-long puzzle that was apparently happening on social media (I totally haven't had time for that). The code is:
TIME4SOC14L1SING

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 7:38 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Yay! Free stuff! Thanks for the code.

I usually immediately use my latest and greatest received avatar. I still did, but almost did not - the grey faerie is awesome.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 11:53 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks! I don't have the bandwidth to follow them on social media. If it's not on site, it's not happening for me.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 8:02 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Siniri wrote:
Thanks! I don't have the bandwidth to follow them on social media. If it's not on site, it's not happening for me.

Same here, and that includes social media-adjacent sites like Discord. The posts here at PPT are infinitely appreciated. I cannot express enough how much they are truly appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Looks like we have a rough time frame for the old account purge, per this article that came out yesterday:
Quote:
Neopets fans who have not visited the site in recent years are encouraged to log in ahead of an upcoming website cleanse scheduled for October, a month before its 25th anniversary, which will see the removal of accounts that have been inactive for more than 10 years. This purge will set the foundation to re-release petnames back into the pound for new owners to love!
So....if you have any friends who haven't signed into their accounts for a long time, or any accounts you want to try to recover, best to do so sooner than later!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:12 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I have lost a few side accounts and "parked pets" because I no longer have access to the email accounts to which those accounts are associated. Also, my primary email provider (that I have had for almost 30 years) rejects the incoming automated emails from Neopets, so password reset requests never come through. Fortunately, I was able to move my main Neopets account email moved to gmail (which does work).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue wrote:
I have lost a few side accounts and "parked pets" because I no longer have access to the email accounts to which those accounts are associated. Also, my primary email provider (that I have had for almost 30 years) rejects the incoming automated emails from Neopets, so password reset requests never come through. Fortunately, I was able to move my main Neopets account email moved to gmail (which does work).
You *might* be able to get them back now, if you submit a ticket. No guarantees, but I know that they're doing something for people who don't have the associated emails anymore, at least, last I heard? Depends probably a lot on how much you still know about those accounts, etc.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:43 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Pickles wrote:
You *might* be able to get them back now, if you submit a ticket. No guarantees, but I know that they're doing something for people who don't have the associated emails anymore, at least, last I heard? Depends probably a lot on how much you still know about those accounts, etc.

While I know the account names, and maybe the email associated with them, I do not know the birthdate associated with each. When I set them up, I picked semi-random dates :/ At least I learned from this and have settled on a "standard" (not my) birthdate ;) I also failed to make them Neofriends, so I cannot look up their ages to at least guess at the year.

Frankly, it may not be worth the effort to get them back. I do miss my Garrl and Hissi, though. Their names made me chuckle. Of course, their names would not work so well if they were zapped into a different species. That account is coming up on 20 years old. My 2nd side (15 year) might be worth getting, but there's no way to reset that password, either. The two pets on that account have awesome names ;)

I suppose that I can note their names and after the purge, create new pets with those names. It isn't like their ages make a huge difference.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:14 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

A few more things were updated in the newest patch release notes:
Release V0.6.10 - Altador Cup & TVW: Battling Begins!
2024-07-09

What's New
Hello Neopians! Today marks a significant release for the Void Within plot, the battledome component! We have done a few updates and fixes in celebration of the release. Here are the deets:

As leaders deliberate and heroes gather, the sinister forces behind the 'Grey Curse' afflicting Neopia brazenly reveal themselves in an all-out attack on Brightvale. Vira, the cursed Acara, was spotted alongside a mysterious Yurble, commanding an army of otherworldly creatures they have been overheard referring to as 'shades.' After receiving word that this shadowy swarm is wreaking havoc across the land of Brightvale, Torakor has already begun mobilising reserve troops to the erudite kingdom. If you have the strength to help defend Neopia, now is the time to wield it!

Volunteer Centre - Not much of a fighter but still want to support? Join the Volunteer Centre at the Neopian Hospital to help support Neopia's efforts in the battle against the void!
For more information on the Volunteer Centre, visit the FAQ.
Reserve Barracks - To help defend Neopia we have opened the Reserve Barracks in order to organize against the attack!
UI Improvements
We have listened to feedback from users and implemented a few adjustments to the plot hub, as well as clearing up confusion around the first achievement!

The "From the Very Beginning" achievement has been updated to read "Joined in the first week" and has been awarded to all users who participated in any plot content during the first 8 days of the plot. (June 17 through June 24)
When a new achievement is ready, there will now be a notification on the Rewards tab of the Plot Hub. Upon navigating to the Rewards page, you will be able to see which achievements were rewarded, denoted with a badge that says 'New!'
Additionally, achievements have had a face lift so that it is now easier to distinguish between Complete and Incomplete achievements!
The point requirements for final tier in the Trophies section of the Rewards page have now been updated to make it more clear that the final tier is not an indication of the maximum amount of available points.
Void Essence Collection
Dr. Landelbrot and Neopia need your help! Void Essences is scattered around Neopia, gather as much as you can to help with Dr. Landelbrot's research. There is also a community challenge happening now! Start collecting for a chance to get special rewards.

Upon reviewing user feedback, we have implemented a few changes!

The Void Essence Collection activity has been updated so that the maps will now be randomized for each day! Those who wish to have more of a challenge can search across the lands of Neopia to collect any Essence that is seeping in from the Void! And.. those who don't can just wait for others to find it first (^:
Learn more about Void Essence Collection on the FAQ
Battledome Updates
We have the following updates:

New Challengers: It appears we have some new challengers in the battledome! As the plot goes on more will appear so stay tuned the story!
Raised Battledome NP limit from 1500 to 50,000! This is a permanent increase and that will stay post plot as well.
Increased Battledome item limit from 15 to 30 for the duration of the plot
PVP Round Improvements
Battledome Conversion - The desktop version of the battledome has been converted! (no big layout changes made but should play nicer on tablets and the like) Happy battling!
Altador Cup Updates
The press tour has begun for the Altador Cup, make sure to stop by to see what the teams have been up to!

For first time in years, Dacardia will be a 19th team joining the Altador Cup!
Re-balanced caps on games and rankings
Bug Fixes
Slushie Slinger - Fixed a bug to make sure slushie color remains the same when customer grabs the drink and that art is placed properly.
User's plot trophies - Fixed bug with viewing them
Battledome Foresight Glitch - We had rolled out fixes previously, however, we have reviewed some edge caes and added additional fixes. If you come across any more edge-case scenarios, please submit a ticket.
Battledome Spam Fight Button Fix (ooh, mysterious)
Laaaaag! - Yes, we had some er, 'prolonged slowness' at launch and some hours after that are resolved. Thanks for your patience!
By July 8th afternoon we fixed plot-related lookups and updates so they no longer got behind.
The new Reserve Barracks activity is putting extra burden on the pet servers that cache the images of your lovely customs. We are having to monitor and take temporary measures (gears and stars) to get things back on track.
Eliminated some periodic slowness of serving images. This particularly came up in the AMA regarding slow loading of pets - July 9th afternoon
Neomail Replies - This feature broke around the time that Jumpstart took over Neopets. Someone replies to your Neomail, you will be able to see what you originally wrote to them in the response!
Known Issues
We are aware of a bug that is preventing players from earning Plot Points for collecting Essences. We are still looking into this issue and affected users will be awarded any missing points based on their total Essence collected! There is no need to write in a ticket for missing Plot Points as this will be a mass-correction, but if you believe that you are missing credit for collecting any Essence(s), please write in with the category 'The Void Within' so we can investigate!

What's next?
We are planning to further enhance the rewards page to show you how many Plot Points were earned for each achievement awarded, so stay tuned for that!
We appreciate your patience and all of the feedback you have offered thus far! We hope you enjoy all of the new updates today!!

And then there's this little gem when you visit Coltzan's Shrine...
Something Has Happened!
ImageYou are now eligible to use 'Shrine of Coltzan' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:21 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Came here about the Coltzan avvie. Not sure if it's a 7/11 only avvie. Grab it today!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 3:57 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

This is not in the actual Neopets news (yet?) but it's a huge thing: You can now cancel trainings at the Mystery Island Training School for NO penalty. Meaning...if you don't like the set of codestones it asks you for, cancel and try again. :o I mean...this would've been huge back in the day for me, but not so much now. Secret Ninja still has the 24 hour cooldown requirement. My kiddos are tickled silly.

Codestone prices are going nuts. Eos are plummeting, Mains and Bris are going up. Eesh.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 5:22 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

That is great news!

Disease cures are also going through the roof. MyPet got Neoblues yesterday from the wheel of Misfortune. Healing springs didn't help. The usual cure was ~300k and the ointments have doubled in price to ~100k in just the last 2 weeks. Fortunately, I had one ointment in my SDB.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Heads up!

News wrote:
Hi Neopians! Apologies for the late notice, however, we will be having downtime tonight (8/20) starting at approximately 10 p.m. NST which may continue until tomorrow morning (8/21) at 8 a.m. NST. Thank you for your patience!

Wonder what all they're going to be fixing? Maybe the mess with the Voidworks? Or maybe nothing related at all. Guess tomorrow will likely be a 2-hospital-shift-day for me, unless it's up sooner than they're saying (or unless I'm up late).

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 7:40 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Well... it was enough to prevent me from finishing my void battling yesterday :(

*sigh* oh well. What's 150 plot points, anyway?