For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

PPL

Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:12 pm

Why is it that the petpets that are chosen to win are always the expensive painted petpets?
Surely if you can afford to paint your expensive petpet with an even more expensive paintbrush, to get the look that you want, you don't need the extra np that you get from having being chosen for PPL.

Wouldn't it make more sense for TNT to choose a basic pet, like a wadjet, or a feepit, so that newbies, who actually could do with the money get it, rather than the rich people.

Sorry for the rant.

Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:30 pm

I think the reason they don't do that very much is that there are simply too many of the inexpensive petpets. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that they chose some basic petpet a while ago, and put it in the news, but didn't really give anyone the prize because there were way too many (millions) attached to pets. I'd be more frustrated if my petpet was chosen, but I couldn't win.

Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:32 pm

avvelenare wrote:I think the reason they don't do that very much is that there are simply too many of the inexpensive petpets. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that they chose some basic petpet a while ago, and put it in the news, but didn't really give anyone the prize because there were way too many (millions) attached to pets. I'd be more frustrated if my petpet was chosen, but I couldn't win.

Abominable Snowballs. I had one which was a few hundred days old and got nothing. I was most annoyed. I think that's why they don't do it very often.

Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:07 pm

I'm still waiting for them to do Searex...mine is 28770 witch equals 1199 days old :D

Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:11 pm

Surely if you can afford to paint your expensive petpet with an even more expensive paintbrush, to get the look that you want, you don't need the extra np that you get from having being chosen for PPL.

Pfffttt... after buying my faerie kadoatie I need all the NP I can get. Don't be hatin' :evil:

Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:14 pm

I think the Faellie won a while back, and if it did, I didn't get anything. So, even the more expensive petpet owners don't get anything. You really have to own a petpet a long time to actually win a prize I think.
Last edited by mercurius on Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:53 pm

I'm still waiting for them to do Cobrall... mine is 18122 which equals 755 days old. :D
Topic locked