For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

shops, images, slow internet?

Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:21 pm

I have been trying to restock but my internet connection is slow and reloading images takes so long! i use an ad blocker to get rid of the ads but it can also get rid of images... my question is, if i use it to take away some of the shop images, can TNT tell and will i get frozen for it? i'm sure it's frowned on but it seems unfair to me to know that so many other people can get the page to reload so much faster than i can so i don't get a shot :( advise please! thank you :)

(i don't want to ask on the site forums because i don't want to get frozen just in case but i do want to know if there's any way they can tell if i am doing this or not. did that make sense? i hope so lol anyway thanks!)

Re: shops, images, slow internet?

Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:26 pm

mouseyme wrote:I have been trying to restock but my internet connection is slow and reloading images takes so long! i use an ad blocker to get rid of the ads but it can also get rid of images... my question is, if i use it to take away some of the shop images, can TNT tell and will i get frozen for it? i'm sure it's frowned on but it seems unfair to me to know that so many other people can get the page to reload so much faster than i can so i don't get a shot :( advise please! thank you :)

(i don't want to ask on the site forums because i don't want to get frozen just in case but i do want to know if there's any way they can tell if i am doing this or not. did that make sense? i hope so lol anyway thanks!)

I believe TNT stated in an editorial once that blocking ads was OK, but blocking other site images would not. I would strongly recommend against blocking anything but ads. Whether or not they can actually tell, I don't know. But I wouldn't risk it.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:47 pm

You can definitely be frozen for blocking images while you're restocking. For the safety of your account, I would strongly advice you not to block anything except ads.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:49 pm

ok.. thanks guys. i guess i'll just have to wait until I can afford better internet :( but better that than getting frozen anyway.
Topic locked