For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Hmmmmm.

Yes
19%
No
81%

Total votes : 32

Do you agree having 'Reported' in your siggy?

Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:04 pm

Inspired by some people on the HC, I changed my neoboard siggy to have 'HAHA! YOU'RE REPORTED!!' I like it because I like to see people asking if they are really reported but when I asked HC's opinions on it, some said that it is really annoying and quite mean. So, asking what PPTers think.

Re: Do you agree having 'Reported' in your siggy?

Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:26 pm

I think it would probably get you frozen eventually. People would report you for "tricking" them, even if they were only fooled for a moment.

Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:47 pm

I wouldn't do that, just because people might get scared and wonder why.

I tend to try to be as unremarkable as possible as far as the neoboards go.

Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:50 pm

Honestly, if I saw someone with that signature, I would report them for falsely reporting me (because I'm gullible and would think you actually did report me for something). I think it could eventually lead to your account being suspended or frozen.

I would personally try to go unnoticed on the boards as then there would be less chance of something happening to your account. Provoking people is not a good idea in my opinion.

Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:47 pm

I agree and think it's annoying and quite mean. :)

I just don't see the humor in having that as a sig. Just try to put yourself in the other person's shoes. Also, you want to err on the side of caution when it comes to TNT.

Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:24 am

A lot of people on the BD Chat have been iced unfairly recently, so it makes me a lot more cautious about what I write. Having "reported" in your sig will risk your account being iced.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:39 pm

Well, I'm not going to say it's mean, but I will say that I find it annoying. :roll:

Fri May 02, 2008 4:10 am

I have fonts and signatures blocked so I don't care in the slightest :P Wouldn't do it myself though.

Fri May 02, 2008 5:59 am

I don't mind, as long as it's done in a way that it's obviously a joke.

Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:14 pm

I think it would be quite funny. though if you put jk in lil letters thats even better

Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:46 pm

i would put it on my siggy only if i have it's a joke you are not really reported in brackets next to it

Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:05 am

Do you agree having 'Reported' in your siggy?

I am not too sure what your question is asking. o_O

But to put that in your siggy is not really a good idea.

It is annoying because of all the drama it causes on the boards and although I never fall for it - there are others that will and that will just cause trouble for you. You will find that you are the one being reported for "false reporting" before people realise it is your siggy.

Why do something that could endanger your account?

Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:42 pm

It makes me feel rather bad for newbies, and you may be accused for false reporting.

Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:36 am

That's just plain stupid and immature.

Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:12 am

I've never understood the fascination with putting 'reported' anywhere in a signature or neohtml. I only gets people's backs up which isn't particularly cool.
Topic locked