For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

shockwave games

Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:37 pm

I keep trying to play the shockwave games but none of them are loading. Not even the page. I just get a white page that has nothing on it. It's a problem I'm having on both I.E. and Firefox. I've tried reinstalling shockwave, reinstalling I.E. and Firefox. Any suggestions?

Re: shockwave games

Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:53 pm

I've been having exactly the same problem with 'Attack of the Slorgs' (I can't remember which other games are Shockwave but when I tried to play it yesterday it just wouldn't work for some strange reason). I use the Internet Explorer that came with this Computer... -prods- I just figured that Shockwave games didn't like Vista or something. Or at least the ones on Neopets. ^^;; I haven't tried re-installing anything as I'm not completely sure how to do it... the only thing I know about my Shockwave is that I recently updated it from the Adobe Website... a few months ago now I believe but that's still recent for me. ^^;; -doesn't update things as much as she should-

I'm sorta glad that it's not just me. -_- I tried Refreshing the window to no avail... sigh. -prods- I'd welcome any suggestions too. ^^;;

Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:29 am

Yep, they are broken for me as well. I tried in FF, IE, and opera, and tried re-installing shockwave, none worked.

A real bummer because The Return of the Return of Dr.Sloth is one of my favorite games and I miss playing it every day. :(

Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:56 am

Glad to know it's not just my computer .. I tried to play the last smilie game and all I got was a blank game window o_O
Hopefully TNT will get it fixed .. that is if anyone has bothered to send in a bug report about it. I didn't because I just figured it was my computer.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:24 am

It looks like it's fixed now. I'm really glad I wasn't the only one.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:04 am

Really? Because they're still not working for me...

Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:08 am

The shockwave games load for me, but only after my firewall queries me. They've only started doing that in the last few days, I'm sure, because I know I've played Frumball recently without it happening.

The event log on the firewall (Comodo Pro) lists it as 'suspicious application behavior' and under Details it says (simplified) 'Shockwave 10/SwHelper_1030024.exe has tried to use IEXPLORE.EXE through OLE automation, which can be used to hijack other applications'.

I doubt neo is trying to hijack anything, but they seem to included some new iffy code in the shockwave game loading process. My firewall doesn't like it, maybe there's a browser setting that forbids it too, or even Windows' wonky little native firewall could be blocking it.
Topic locked