For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

NaN... what the heck? (Flash problems)

Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:32 pm

This is really odd... Some time ago, a few games i played needed shutdown and reopening, because instead of the [Play], [Instructions] and [Music Off] buttons, i got [NaN] [NaN] [NaN] instead. Usually when i shut them and reopened, it'd work fine.

But now, EVERY SINGLE game i play, i get [NaN] or [Undefined] buttons all over! Every flash content on the site that has buttons says [NaN], from the wheel of slime, to the Expellibox, with all the games in the middle, and, what really makes me mad, now the plot comics speech baloons are [Undefined].

The strangest thing is the fact i CAN do everything as normal as neo gets on IE, the most horrible browser there is! (I have the problems on Firefox)

Is this happening to anyone else? I've sent a bug report a while ago, and sent another 10 minutes ago. I was thinking of leaving Neo, coming only for plots, and this issue just makes me more certain that i will!

Re: NaN... what the heck? (Flash problems)

Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:44 pm

That's odd, I'm getting no problems - then again, I am using I.E. This just proves that Firefox is not amazing and fabulous or immune to glitches.

I.E > FF

*crawls into corner and waits for Firefox users to come after her with various weapons*

Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:57 pm

I had that problem once - but I reinstalled flash and everything seemed to work fine after that.

FF>IE :P

Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:03 pm

Yeah, I would see if you could get a flash update.

When in doubt, reinstall!

Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:19 pm

Try reinstalling flash like mentioned above.

If that doesn't work, though... Do you have AdBlock installed? If so, scan your list of blocked items and double check them all to make sure you didn't accidentally block something that shouldn't have been blocked.

Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:19 am

I have the AdBlock, but already have cleaned all sites there.
Also i have deleted flash player from my PC, and then proceeded to reinstall.

Zilch :thinking:

Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:36 am

Do you have an anti-virus / internet security program installed on your computer? I know that for a long time a couple years ago, I was having big problems with Neopets because Norton was blocking all kinds of things.

Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:07 pm

Well, i use BitDefender 2008, and tried shutting it down, with no positive results. I guess i will be going in the end of this plot. Thanks for all your help anyways
Topic locked