For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

What happened to Brucey B?

Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:30 am

What happened to Brucey B Slots?

I went to my "Favourite Games" page and noticed that there was one less... Brucey B was gone! I checked the main games room -> luck/chance. Not there. I checked the games graveyard. Not there either. I tried a direct URL and it says "Sorry, this game is not available! Why not play one of our hundreds of other games?" Did I miss it in the news? Where did it go?

Submit a PM to Pickles with the subject "Treasure Hunt Round 2 - Hard - I found it!" and include links to each of the places you found the clues - in the order they came in.

Re: What happened to Brucey B?

Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:35 am

TNT doesn't usually announce when they take down a game. (That'd be a bit depressing--"Hi everyone! The site has fewer features today!")

Hopefully they'll have a new version with new art soon. :)

Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:34 pm

Black Pawkeet Slots disappeared. :(

Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:16 pm

AWW! I was just playing Brucey B the other day. I <3 Brucey B. I won the Jackpot on it once! :o
At least Scorchy Slots isn't MIA...but seriously! I'm well over legal gambling age in the US, and it's not even "real" money. Why would they hafta take 'em down? o_O

Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:53 pm

Maybe sloth is behind it!! lol

Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:54 pm

Rubywinged wrote:Maybe sloth is behind it!! lol

Well, he *could* still be jealous of Brucey B.... :P

I hope they either magically re-appear, or we get at least *some* sort of explanation.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:58 pm

Do you think this is another "changed for our legal protection" type move? (Like changing the "Whack-a-Whatever" games?) Like some problem with "gambling" on a family friendly site?

But then what about "double or nothing"? That's gambling. And Mortog kissing. Heck, even "dice a roo". :lol:

Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:02 pm

schlough wrote:Do you think this is another "changed for our legal protection" type move? (Like changing the "Whack-a-Whatever" games?) Like some problem with "gambling" on a family friendly site?

But then what about "double or nothing"? That's gambling. And Mortog kissing. Heck, even "dice a roo". :lol:

It would make sense if they're going to remove gambling (because it's a "family site") for them to remove the *entire* "luck/chance" section - that would include the wheels, etc, etc. Seems kinda silly to me to take down two gambling games - but not the third slots game - and not the rest of the gambling games. Of course, you really can't lose much to Scorchy slots, since there's a max clicks-per-day type thing on it, and it only costs 5np per play.
{shrugs}
On the other hand, I thought there was an age limit before you can play any of the "luck" games?

Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:04 pm

TNT is updating those games.

Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:02 pm

A nmail stating that TNT are updating the games is displayed here:
http://www.neopets.com/~DashingShadow

Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:03 pm

Sweet. I like Black Pawkeet Slots...I wonder what they're doing to update them?

Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:46 pm

I should be glad that these are down, or else I'd waste all my NP on them, but...I can hardly wait for them to come back up!

Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:26 pm

Some user named 'i_slots' apparently won the 14 million NP jackpot, and they'd been a member for only 3 days. I heard rumours going around that people've created a cheat program for it to win, and they're updating it to become more secure. (i_slots is now frozen)

Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:19 pm

Wow, Alex, if those rumors are true, TNT must've jumped on it quickly. No wonder why they disappeared for no (apparent) reason.

...Maybe when they come back up, it won't be possible to have two Queens next to each other on the same column. That's bothered me ever since it "broke" and they fixed it.

Edit: Editorial statement:
Greetings! I grow weary of rumors, so the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth if you please, TNT... what happen to Black Pawkeet Slots and Brucey B Slots? Cheaters, hackers, or are you just revamping? Many thanks. ~gaeaf_the_gray
Cheaters. We had an issue with players using programs to abuse the slot machines. We have taken them down temporarily to fix the issue. We hope to have them back up soon. :) If you personally know anyone who bots the slot machines, feel free to give them a swift kick in the shin for us! ^_^

**Notice** Neopets does not condone violence and denies all knowledge of the previous statement.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:41 am

Thanks, Pickles! I rarely read the editorials. If there's anything significant in them, someone here at PPT usually will post the info :)

Now we know.

Thanks again,
Blue
Topic locked