For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Neopian Stock Market... Closed?

Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:08 am

At 11pm NST I checked my portfolio and noticed an extraordinary thing.

Every single stock was at +0, nothing went down and nothing went up all day. Did I miss an announcement somewhere? Whats going on?

Re: Neopian Stock Market... Closed?

Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:24 am

That is odd. I see the same thing, but I was able to sell a stock & buy another. Based on that, I would assume that the market isn't closed, but no movement on any stock is weird.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:10 am

I've had that once as well. I think it's because they have to reset the values to start a new day or something? You were probably at the start of a new day, where all of the values were set to +0 and nothing had been bought or sold yet. I guess it usually changes from the start, so people don't notice it has been reset, but this time nothing changed at all?

Either that, or it's just an occasional glitch

Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:39 pm

Odd.

Half of my stocks show change, while the other half do not. Now that's a weird glitch...only half my stocks (in no particular order) seem to have been affected!

Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:11 pm

Ok, the name of this topic nearly made me have a mini heart attack, since NSM is my only source of income these days (I'm waaay too lazy to play games or restock), so for me The End of Stock Market = quitting neo.

Thankfully, I've checked my stocks and everything seems to be all right. Well, except for the fact that they're at -12.80% overall, but I've got used to that. :P

Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:57 pm

My stocks all have 0 change too...I wonder what's up...

Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:13 pm

Hmmm. All of mine appear to be normal. No 0s.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:15 am

I read somewhere that the Stock market timing was not reset when the clocks went back - so instead of 12 midnight, they refresh on 11 pm NST. So, you are seeing no change at 11pm NST because the system assumes it to be start of the new day.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:01 pm

Many of mine are still zero.

That day-to-day change thing does have some merit, though.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:34 pm

Only 4 out of my 23 are at zero *shrug* Although that is more than normal.

Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:15 am

7 out of my 16 are at 0 change. That's almost half :o I definitely think something's up.

Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:17 am

I also have seven stocks with no change. I wonder if they are the same ones? The ones I have at no change are:

HUW
BOTT
KBAT
TPP
SMUG
COFL
YIPP

Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:21 am

Mine with 0 change are:

BOTT
CHIA
COFL
KAUF
TPP
YIPP

One that was at 0 earlier has gone to -1 :(

Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:27 am

PERHAPS they've changed the algorithm to make the stockmarket a little less 'get rich quick'? I hope they're not planning on making the Neopets Stockmarket do what the current stockmarket is doing!

Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:32 am

The first thing that came to mind was editorial 176.

"I think it might be interesting if there was a huge stock market crash, like the one in 1929. The stock market would go down and the bank would run out of money and there would be total CHAOS as everyone loses their money... But that's just my opinion... And I think it would be funny (for me anyway)... - willman93
Oooh that is such a nasty idea hehe. I think a lot of people would be very distressed if anything like that happened, but who knows... The Stock Market has been a little too stable recently..."

If this ever happened, I'd be very angry.
-shakes fist at people who give TNT bad ideas, even if it was like three years ago-
XD
Topic locked