For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Weekly News Thread: 29 Jan - 4 Feb

Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:55 am

Oh hai! Its TDG here, just a quick note about this "new" thread that's popped up. I've combined the two current news topics from this week into a stickied topic. The idea being you can discuss the week's news here in one place.

Please post the day's news as before, just do it here instead of seperately. The idea is that at the end of the week, this post is unstickied and the next week's post is stickied in its place - condensing 5 topics into one :)

Please note, its just a trial idea and you may feel free to throw it out the window if it doesn't work :)

Place to discuss this change if wanted

-------------------------------------

29th January - Kacheek Day

* Head over to the Rainbow Pool if you've been wanting a Snow or Split Kacheek!
ImageImage

* Five new Kacheek Poems are now available for your reading pleasure.

* Another peaceful day at the space station and no one seems to realize that something evil is coming...

* Start off your Kacheek Day right with some of this tasty bread from the Bakery.
ImageImageImageImage

* Congratulations go out to cathyhorse324 for wininng the Minigolf Spotlight with their level - Easy Peasy .

* Do you have something witty ready for the latest Caption Contest?

* If there are any Kacheeks out there that love clowns or swimming, today is your lucky day!
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
Swimming could be fun...

* Now you can learn How to Draw Mr Chuckles!

* A new Story Telling Competition begins today!

The mountains of Shenkuu rushed by in a green blur as Cassile steered her board along the rapids. The only sound filling her ears was the crash of the waterfalls as they thundered down around her. She always loved these early morning rides, before the rest of Shenkuu had risen. They were the only time she could shoot down the rapids unnoticed by others, all her concentration fixed on the jumps, the tricks, the speed.

I wonder where Bowe is? she thought. He was supposed to meet me for practice this morning. Oh well, late as usual.

* Ah, the artist have been busy, and there are a lot of wonderful Kacheek pictures in the Art Gallery.
ImageImageImage

* Congratulations go out to alexisranee and evilsnork! Each has proven spiffier than the rest in the Customisation Spotlight. Voting for this week's contest has begun. Good luck to this week's entrants!
ImageImage

* A yellow Kacheek called Chikko_Swiftfoot has just won the Pet Spotlight. Well done!

* Some rather odd looking instruments are now for sale in the Neopian Music Shop.
ImageImageImageImage

Re: News for January 29 - Kacheek day and PLOTPLOTPLOTPLOT W00T

Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:57 am

YESSSSS! PLOT! And they brought back Sloth!

Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:58 am

YAYPLOT.

Btw, for those who want to discuss the plot, there's a thread over in Neopets Plots already. Amazing how quickly we post when there's actually a plot starting ;)

This scares me. Greatly. I don't know why.

Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:59 am

Free training! I think.
OK, why do Kacheeks get stuck with the clown stuff? And pink bathing suit? *shudders*

Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:01 am

PLOT! Yay!

This looks like its going to be interesting... Dr. Sloth! :D

Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:13 am

Alex wrote:Image

This scares me. Greatly. I don't know why.

You and me both, Alex. There's something really, REALLY not right about it.
I was kinda hoping for better Kacheek clothing. I guess since my Kacheek is being labbed, I don't have much to really gripe about, but yeah.

Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:36 am

Dr. Sloth plot is cool. I might listen to Star Fox music in my head while reading the comic. :P

Wait...

Shoyru Day 2004 wrote:Ok ok, we did promise we'd tell you about the next three months content, and new TCG expansion, so here it is. In approximately -1369 days time an old friend will be returning to Neopia... but enough of that, we'll update you in a week or so :) You should all be concentrating on defending Meridell!!!

"Neopia. What a lovely planet. I think I'll take it."

*be prepared for large text*

HUH???

Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:39 am

They cancelled that plot.

Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:39 am

neural777 wrote:Dr. Sloth plot is cool. I might listen to Star Fox music in my head while reading the comic. :P

Wait...

Shoyru Day 2004 wrote:Ok ok, we did promise we'd tell you about the next three months content, and new TCG expansion, so here it is. In approximately -1369 days time an old friend will be returning to Neopia... but enough of that, we'll update you in a week or so :) You should all be concentrating on defending Meridell!!!

HUH???

Well....Shoyru Day 2004...+1369 days = roughly now. :o
I wonder if they went back and edited that news page? o_O

Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:13 am

Pickles wrote:
neural777 wrote:Dr. Sloth plot is cool. I might listen to Star Fox music in my head while reading the comic. :P

Wait...

HUH???

Well....Shoyru Day 2004...+1369 days = roughly now. :o
I wonder if they went back and edited that news page? o_O

Hahah I hope they didn't, and it was originally like that.

Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:09 am

Its a counter that counted down from 20 or so. It would have been removed when it hit 0, but the plot was delayed - then cancelled. Therefore, the counter kept ticking through, removing one from its total everyday since then.

Anywho, on the subject of the news and not the plot (see Plot Forum for that) - what the heck is with the custom clothing? I've been waiting for ages for some good Kacheek only clothes and we get a Clown and a Pink Bathing suit? Bleh :(

Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:57 pm

Yay for a new plot!

And I must say that I'm really disappointed in the Snow Kacheek. Neopets has all of these paintbrushes that have awesome potential, but then they bring out something as dull as the Snow Kacheek. Why TNT, why?

Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:26 pm

If anyone didn't already know, you can redeem your free Kacheek training at the Academy. I'm sure everyone already did, but I wanted to make sure anyway.

Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:20 pm

May wrote:Yay for a new plot!

And I must say that I'm really disappointed in the Snow Kacheek. Neopets has all of these paintbrushes that have awesome potential, but then they bring out something as dull as the Snow Kacheek. Why TNT, why?

So you buy stuff from the NC Mall. :lol:

Not really, but I'm sure paint brushes isn't where their real effort lies.

News for January 30

Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:58 pm

30th January

* Today is randomly themed: BONES!

* Make sure your Neopet has great look for this fun day with this background and pile of bones!

ImageImage

Mmm... tasty.

* The User Lookup of the Week award has been given to xxelmos_worldxx!

* If you are in the mood for some Fun Images then you are in luck!
ImageImage

ImageImage

* Well done dorkchop, your gallery The Skullery has just won the latest Gallery Spotlight.

* The Skelly and the Sklyde can now be a bit more colourful with a visit to the Petpet Puddle.
ImageImageImageImage

* There is a new Mystery Pic competition. The answer to the last one was The Crumpetmonger Shopkeeper. 163 people guessed correctly, earning them 12,270 NP each.

* You can now choose one of these new bone-related to be your Buddy Icons.
ImageImageImageImage

* This week's Meridell Castle Spotlight award has been given to meepet for their level - Hidden Meepit Mines.

* Mmm... the Food Shop seems to understand that some foods taste very good on a bone.
ImageImageImageImage
Topic locked