For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Neopets game cannot be played

Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:57 am

Hello, i need help on why my internet explorer cannot play neopet games. It opened a new window and stop loading. What could be the cause of the problem?? Im using internet explorer 7. Tried using firefox but failed. Installed java components too and ended up with the same result. I can't complete game master challenge if i can't play the games :cry:

Really need some experts.

Re: Neopets game cannot be played

Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:36 am

Are you sure you have the latest version of Flash installed? You need it to play all of the flash games on Neopets.

..other than that I really don't know what could be wrong, I'm sorry. x.x

Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:44 am

Hmm.... whats the link to the latest flash update?? everything got to give it a try

Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:19 pm

lu5t wrote:Hmm.... whats the link to the latest flash update?? everything got to give it a try

http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/downloads.html
Think that's it.

Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:25 am

Well, i downloaded the latest flash player. But it doesn't solve anything. Not only games that can't be loaded. Even under explore, once i have clicked on the flash instead of html, the map won't load. Is there something i have to do with activex, unblock??? It seems something is blocking the neopets flash from running.

Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:05 pm

Do you have a firewall program installed on your computer? A year or two ago, I was having problems with flash games not loading, and images within Neopets wouldn't show up. It turns out that it was something to do with my Norton firewall. If that's the problem, I'll search through some old posts to see if I can find the trick that fixed it for me.

Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:33 pm

I also think could be firewall. But i didn't get any prompt whether to block or unblock it. Up till now, still can't play the games. My game master challenge throphy gone. T.T I got a feeling is due to activeX.

EDIT: Anyone experts in internet could help me with this flash problem?? Not just games can't be loaded. I went to yahoo movies and it says i did not have the latest adobe flash player. Well, i clicked on the link and download it. I went back to yahoo movies, and it gives me the same message. The installation says it was successful, but the websites i went to with flash said that i do not have the updated version of flash. Whats wrong with my settings??

MayEdit: Please do not double-post. If you were the last to post and you have something to add, please use the handy Image button in the lower right corner of your post. :)

Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:06 pm

It might be a flash problem. Does it show a white screen or a black one? I've had the problem with both, and black seemed to be fixable with just a refresh. Don't remember how I fixed the white haha... Maybe get Firefox? :P Just my opinion

Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:30 pm

betagold wrote:It might be a flash problem. Does it show a white screen or a black one? I've had the problem with both, and black seemed to be fixable with just a refresh. Don't remember how I fixed the white haha... Maybe get Firefox? :P Just my opinion

It's definatly the flash player.

*cough*INTERNET EXPLORER!*cough*

Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:05 am

I went to the adobe website. It says i have the latest plug-in installed. Mine's a white screen with the word done at the status bar. The game window to me is like another browser. With the html link of the game above. It looks weird from what i used to play before. Up till now, none of the games able to work except for the 3D live plug-in. For the explore section, clicking flash instead of html, the map also did not load. How to solve?? Im using internet explorer 7. Previously before i reformat my computer and having this explorer 7. I could play the flash games.
Topic locked