For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Create New clothings for Avent Calender Or make old ones wearable?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:55 pm

I'd like new clothings.
19%
I'd like them to work on the old clothings.
24%
I think they can do a few new and a few old.
57%

Total votes : 21

Advent Calender Clothings

Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:55 pm

Hi, I just thought of this. Should TNT focus on making a few new clothings for this year's Advent Calender? Or should the make all the old clothings wearable for the surprise this year?

That is, if you went to the advent calender this year, would you rather see:

Congratulations! The item "Mistletoe Headband" is now wearable!
You receive an edible peppermint basket

And 450 Neopoints!

(I just threw that in for fun.)

Or would you rather see something new, like a totally new clothing altogether.

The way I figure it, there are lots of clothings from the old advent calender, and if they started working on it now, they might could get done by Christmas. But people may want new clothings, so that would mean something else didn't get made.

So maybe you'd be in the group who would say, make a few items from years past wearable, but only those that would work well or seem to be the favorite item. Then make some new stuff too, for a surprise.

Re: Advent Calender Clothings

Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:53 am

*eats the peppermint basket, then realizes he doesn't like peppermint and spits it out*

I'd rather see new clothing, as I don't care much for most of the clothes they gave out in previous years.

Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:22 pm

Hm yeah I guess it would be cool if they made some of the cuter ones wearable, and did some new ones too.

Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:45 pm

I'd like both but not really make a big deal about the old ones they updated. Just phase those in gradually so we can get other prizes instead :D [/greedy]

Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:18 pm

I would rather see new clothing, because I don't know whether I have all of the clothing they gave out in past years, and I don't want to go out and buy it. So yeah.

Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:46 pm

New clothing and items would definitely seem like a more exciting idea. ~:>

Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:29 am

I would love to have new items to wear, but there are also some clothing items from past Advent Calendars that I would really like to have wearable. For example, I would love to have the Colourful Bruce Scarf from Year 7!

Image = <3

Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:13 am

I think for the most part I'd like to see new clothes. I hope they do that, I'm really looking forward to the AC this year just for that reason. Although I must agree, the Bruce Scarf pwns! They made the blechy hat wearable, so if they just randomly take some of the cool stuff form past years and made them wearable, but still had all new wearable stuff for this year I'd be thrilled.

But I will take that edible peppermint basket, because I love peppermint! Mmmmmm..... :)

Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:13 am

I dont think they would make last years items wearable as part of the advent calendar - for one it wouldn't really work - would you only have a wearable item if you visited the advent calendar on that day...? Otherwise it's not advent calendar like, but if that's right then it would mean there'd be two kinds of items, and that could lead to scams.
Secondly, it would be unfair to new players that weren't around last year to have recieved the items.

Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:01 am

I don't think working through the Advent Calendar would be the best idea - but focussing on making them wearable for December would be cool. There's a bunch of cheap advent clothing that would look cool

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:43 pm

I *totally* want the skirt. It would be *awesome*! Don't know what pet I'd put it on, but that would be great!

Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:34 am

There are definitely a few advent items that I'd like to see be made wearable, and I'd rather get lots of new food or books this year than even more clothes.

Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:37 am

Rachel wrote:I dont think they would make last years items wearable as part of the advent calendar - for one it wouldn't really work - would you only have a wearable item if you visited the advent calendar on that day...? Otherwise it's not advent calendar like, but if that's right then it would mean there'd be two kinds of items, and that could lead to scams.
Secondly, it would be unfair to new players that weren't around last year to have recieved the items.

I know this was posted a few weeks ago but there's nothing unfair in it. TNT could release old items as wearable during the weeks in the news. You wouldn't have to visit the calendar to get it activated. And all the items would automatically update so there wouldn't be any scams. It'd be the same as wearable dung because no one is scamming people with dung that I know of.

That being said they should release 2-4 wearable items this year and also try to bring back a few items. I'd like to see a Snowy Valley background, a trinket like a gingerbread house, or maybe a christmas lawn ornament, and a clothing item or two. I'd really like to see the ghostkerchief hat become wearable since it's festive and bring back another item or two.

It's quite feasible considering TNT has brought back heart shaped sunglasses, and dung, in addition to the new clothes they release each pet day.

The last week of September alone TNT released the Janitor Bucket, Heart Shaped Sunglasses, Anubis Fountain, 4 Skeith Neoschool items, and 5 species specific Skeith Clothes. That was the last week alone so TNT could easily release a few new wearable items this year during the advent calendar and bring back several old ones to get everyone in the spirit of the month of Celebrating. :)

Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:04 pm

I would love it if they made the old Hand Knitted Jumper wearable. :) It's probably my favorite of all the old advent calendar clothing.
Topic locked