For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

quesitons

Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:33 am

i was wondering y cant better than you and featured games be nonflash games?

Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:41 am

Probably to do with the programming. I have only just been able to play flash games, and my Np has shot up. It's so annoying when you can't use flash. Actually, Wasn't BTY bilge dice once?

Perhaps you should submit that question to the editorial?

Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:45 am

It's probably because non-flash games unvolve a lot of luck (not that flash games don't). With BTY, it's much easier to hold a high score contest in an arcade game than a card game. Featured games double the np you get. On some non-flash games you can get 2500 - 5000 np. That would be crazy for them to double that amount (although I wouldn't complain).

Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:07 am

i would be happy if they have scorchy slots in as a featured game. :D but seriously...it would never happen with all luck/chance games (i think)

Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:07 am

Also, in their own wierd way, I think they're catering to people with slower internet connections. Since it's the first 250 (500, whatever) people to win, it would be insanely difficult for someone on dial-up to place at all. In flash games, essentially everyone has the same chance..(I won't mention that when I was on dialup, it took me ten minutes to load a game..) :roll:

Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:08 am

One game that does involve luck is Advert Attack because of the annoying glitch that finishes your game before the time runs out which was very annoying when Advert Attack was the BTY featured game and trying to beat 400 on that game is darn near impossible with that glitch.

Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:52 pm

Johnnydontgo wrote:Also, in their own wierd way, I think they're catering to people with slower internet connections. Since it's the first 250 (500, whatever) people to win, it would be insanely difficult for someone on dial-up to place at all. In flash games, essentially everyone has the same chance..(I won't mention that when I was on dialup, it took me ten minutes to load a game..) :roll:

yeah, seems like a good answer, its fair for everyone!
Topic locked