For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Account Name Taken? Wha?

Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:03 am

Okay, here's what happened. I decided to create a spare account, one which would perhaps hold more Neopets or something. I decided I would use the name 'shameron', as that is the fan-dubbed name of the plot on Y&R concerning Cameron Kirsten and Sharon Newman. Well, I tried to sign up with the account, and it said the name was taken. When I last looked up the name, I could only see a pet, so I obviously assumed it was either a glitch or the account was frozen. I tried to log in to figure out if such an account existed, and lo and behold, a Green Zafara popped up named Cammy-something-or-other (either an eerie coincidence or the user likes the same Y&R plot I do). I entered a bogus password and pressed 'Log In', expecting to see what the 'offending' account was frozen for. But instead, I see only the "Bad Password" screen. But this account definately does not show up on the Search! So, what is with it? :o

Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:05 am

Hmm, that's weird. The only thing I could think of, is maybe back when they deleted a bunch of old accounts, that one was deleted but not really completely erased.

Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:01 am

Sunshine Jenny wrote:Hmm, that's weird. The only thing I could think of, is maybe back when they deleted a bunch of old accounts, that one was deleted but not really completely erased.

I agree with Jenny. Alot of the "deleted" accounts/pet names turned out to be mistakes or were undeleted (is that a word?). When it became known that old inactive accounts were being deleted and names up for grabs, so many people ran to start new accounts with the name they've always wanted, or created a pet with that perfect name. Then got frozen for something like the inactive account was being accessed by someone other than the owner. Very confusing stuff!

Is there any other spelling you could use for your spare so you would have the name, like making the o either a capital O or numerical 0?

Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:18 am

try logging in with that account, its probably frozen

Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:51 am

A similar thing happened to me when I tried to create a Pet with a few names. It said they were taken, but when I searched, there was nothing with those names. I mailed TNT about 2 months ago, but haven't had a reply.

Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:02 am

Either that is a recreated and frozen account, or just one of those very old ones...
If you try logging in and it shows a pet, but tells you your password was incorrect that it was just an unused account.

Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:58 pm

Very confusing! I don't understand a word of that!

Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:43 pm

If you look up the pet you see when you try to log in (cammygreen55), you get the Mystery Island message. So, yes, it seems that it is an inactive account.
Topic locked