For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Main shops got a graphic change

Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:34 am

I think its recent.

Notice how the hospital and pharmacy cross is green.

Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:38 am

Hm, no wonder something seemed different. I really wonder why though, of all things they would do and of all colours they would choose, a green cross. :roll:

They've also readded the Cereal Adventure.

Last edited by Yoshi on Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:38 am

Wow... very perceptive man.
I definitely would not have noticed that, if ya didn't point that out ;)

Edit: To Yoshi: Cuz green rocks.

Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:40 am

Cereal adventure is only there if your country is Canada

Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:43 am

Maybe the Red Cross tried to sue them. O_o

Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:44 am

That's not true. I'm in the US, and it's there for me. You'd have to ask someone like Shifty (she's in Israel) if they have it worldwide, but I'd bet that they do.

Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:50 am

well, maybe TNT decided not to do immersive advertisement for the Red Cross anymore till they pay for it. xD

Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:05 am

Weird...im in the US..and on the left side where the white stick/sign is on the map shown....i have a lil Mcdonalds shop....its totally different than both of ur maps.....i guess neopets really does use what country were in to advartise to us o_O

Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:23 am

People on the neoboards are saying its green as part of the sloth invasion. o_O; Why sloth would invade to turn the cross signs green in beyond me.

Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:59 am

Sloth invasion? O_o That's an odd theory.

I would think they want to associate green with health rather with the "standard red" (a red cross is associated with medical facilites and services more often than not see here) A very odd change after so many years of it remaining like that.

Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:35 am

Yeah, I noticed the green too. Can't be sloth invasion. Why would he turn it green? If its sloth invasion then he would ahve burned it down.... On my map I have a lil mcdonalds thingy by the more shops pic...

Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:44 am

i live in england and i dont have any new adverts anywhere on the shop map, and the crosses are red

Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:47 am

I'm in the USA, the crosses are green, McDonalds is nowhere to be seen, and same with Cereal Adventure. o_O

Maybe it's the NICE Sloth Invasion.

Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:25 am

I'm from the netherlands and I don't see a cereal adventure or a mcdonald's, just an empty space in the upper right corner. I did notice however the crosses turned green. I wonder why they did that...

Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:10 am

I have both McDonald's and the Cereal Adventure on my map. I'm guessing that the crosses are now green so they are not associated with teh red cross or something similiar. You never know when something like that will come up. It's like when the WWF (World Wrestling Federation) which had that name for years had to change to WWE (I'm not sure what the E stands for) because WWF (World Wildlife Fund) sued them for using the same abbreviation.
Topic locked