For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Holy Inflation!

Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:00 pm

Violet Seeds just took a jump to nearly 8.5K compared to yesterday's 2K.I bought a couple dozen yesterday because I saw it on a 'Recently Retired Items List' :D

Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:02 pm

oooh! Where can I find this recently retired items list?

Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:41 pm

cap wrote:oooh! Where can I find this recently retired items list?

I want to know that too!

Anway, that's a pretty impressive jump. I'd hold onto at least one of them just in case the prices continue to rise.

Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:58 pm

Don't remember who's petpage it was, but I'm pretty sure jazz linked to it on one of his pets.

Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:21 am

Hmm, sounds about right. Usually the hype for retired items decreases really quick after the first week. Unless its the neoboard avatars, I'd sell... or you could hold for a few years for a nice profit (although it would be hard to sell)

Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:31 am

Thank you! I bought couple.

Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:34 am

when was the violet seeds retired??? I never noticed.

Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:34 am

hynfaeries0 wrote:when was the violet seeds retired??? I never noticed.

Wern't they retired a while ago when they chose a bunch of random items to retire?

Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:41 am

B55B55 wrote:
hynfaeries0 wrote:when was the violet seeds retired??? I never noticed.

Wern't they retired a while ago when they chose a bunch of random items to retire?

Actually I believe they were retired even before that with a few older foods (like Cheesy Neos and Cheese and Onion Crisps)

Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:46 am

Arrgg not fair, I used to have some violet seeds and now I don't because I fed them to my pet. That was a pretty stupid thing to do wasn't it Katie *pokes herself*

Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:34 pm

I found a list here:
http://home.neopets.com/templates/homepage.phtml?pet_name=See_Retired_Items

after I did a Google on it. Not bad because I have a couple of items on it so far.

Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:09 pm

1lewysgal wrote:I found a list here:
http://home.neopets.com/templates/homepage.phtml?pet_name=See_Retired_Items

after I did a Google on it. Not bad because I have a couple of items on it so far.

Yeah, that's the list.

Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:10 pm

twinklyspangle wrote:Arrgg not fair, I used to have some violet seeds and now I don't because I fed them to my pet. That was a pretty stupid thing to do wasn't it Katie *pokes herself*

Argh! I did the same thing! *Me bad*

Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:25 am

Cool :) I have one in my SDB (that I didn't know about) and I assume because I don't recall buying it that I did so months and months ago... I'll have to keep an eye-out on that list!

Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:58 pm

VEry interesting... they were retired back in January of 2004. I have a ew stashed away to. I wonder what is caused the inflation so quick????????????????????
Topic locked