For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Odd...(Neoquest related)

Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:43 pm

I go to play Neoquest (the first one) and it says I have to start a new game. I spazz out a bit since I was close to finishing it for the first time on Normal (I don't play it much), but I decide to accept the glitch and start over. However, when I get to the screen where it says I should assign my seven skill points all of my skills are still there from the old game.

So, should I report this, start over with another pet, or take another course of action?

Re: Odd...(Neoquest related)

Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:49 pm

DiscordantNote wrote:I go to play Neoquest (the first one) and it says I have to start a new game. I spazz out a bit since I was close to finishing it for the first time on Normal (I don't play it much), but I decide to accept the glitch and start over. However, when I get to the screen where it says I should assign my seven skill points all of my skills are still there from the old game.

So, should I report this, start over with another pet, or take another course of action?

Did you make sure your active pet is the one you played the game with> That might be the problem.. not sure though.

Re: Odd...(Neoquest related)

Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:00 pm

Mark wrote:
DiscordantNote wrote:I go to play Neoquest (the first one) and it says I have to start a new game. I spazz out a bit since I was close to finishing it for the first time on Normal (I don't play it much), but I decide to accept the glitch and start over. However, when I get to the screen where it says I should assign my seven skill points all of my skills are still there from the old game.

Did you make sure your active pet is the one you played the game with> That might be the problem.. not sure though.

Yes. If it wasn't I wouldn't have most of my Shock abilities maxed out with some points on Life abilities. I don't want to toy with it too much because I don't want my account frozen, especially since I'm rather close to my first million.

Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:48 pm

It's a glitch that has been there for about the last month or so. I have a game going on Evil! that I was close to finishing too (I was farting around just outside the two rings palace trying to level up a bit before having to deal with the chias), but I am not going to play the game on that pet until the glitch is fixed.

Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:04 pm

It's not going to get fixed, it happened to everybody's NQ games. It's a rollback.

Just take advantage of the fact that you have all the skills and items you previously had and play ball.

Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:45 pm

Istanbullfrog wrote:It's not going to get fixed, it happened to everybody's NQ games. It's a rollback.

Just take advantage of the fact that you have all the skills and items you previously had and play ball.

Woo-Hoo!!!! :D Although I wish it would have happened when I was almost to the end of InSaNe! then. :roflol:

Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:18 pm

That happened to me to, but they did lose my neoquest game so now all I have to do is level up and such.

Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:21 pm

Yeah, just restart. This first happened a while ago, so it seems waiting really won't really do you any good.

Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:25 pm

dog wrote:Yeah, just restart. This first happened a while ago, so it seems waiting really won't really do you any good.

Restart how? Different pet or the same one?

Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:39 pm

DiscordantNote wrote:
dog wrote:Yeah, just restart. This first happened a while ago, so it seems waiting really won't really do you any good.

Restart how? Different pet or the same one?

I'd restart with the same one, so you can get your old skill points.

Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:52 am

I wanted to cry when I saw that I have to resatrt it (yep, I used the same active pet i used before) that made me think that it may not be worth it to restart at all. I was at roo island. But maybe someday if i would not be taken by laziness, probably i will play (the old skill points would be a just bonus). But then again, I hate to start over again. :(

Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:12 am

:o Same with me!

Welcome to NeoQuest®!

Click here to start a new game in Normal mode.

I was just outside the Two Rings..... :x I reccomend you all slowly egde away while say some rude things.....

Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:05 pm

Yep, it happened a couple of weeks ago. I was playing right when it happened - level 48, and on the 2nd level of the palace. Pretty annoyed >.<

Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:23 pm

*sigh* I was affected by this glitch also. Luckily, I've found I still have my Ring of Xantan and powered up wand, etc. from the first time, so I should be able to beat it for sure this time. It is annoying, though, because I was up to level 14 and now I'm level 1 again.

Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:30 pm

argg...
It happened to me too...
I didn't play for less then 2 weeks and the completly reset it (not including the skills)...
Topic locked