For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Evil glowing jelly

Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:50 pm

Ok, I don't know if anyone has posted about this before, or if it's a new thing or something, but something odd happened to my pet this morning. My pets' main food is various jellies and omelettes. This morning I was rather shocked when this happened:

says 'That should keep me going for a while :)'

turns into a Glowing Pteri!!!

was very full, and now she is bloated!

If I knew this would happen, I wouldn't be feeding glowing jelly to my Darigan Aisha. Did anyone else know about this side effect with glowing jelly? I knew it could supposedly happen with a Grundo and marshmallows. Maybe I was just in the dark about it. I'm sure not in the dark now since my Pteri is a lovely shade of radioactive green. I'll never need light again.

Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:29 pm

:o

i have never heard of that happening! i won't be feeding any glowing jelly to my maraquan aisha, either. thanks for the warning.

what color was your pteri before? not something expensive, i hope.

Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:33 pm

It's been rumored to happen. I think they even stated it in the editorial once. I think most people dismissed it though because nobody has been able to come up with some concrete proof that it actually happened.

Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:24 pm

Oh man, I've been feeding glowing jelly to my X-Mas Bori.... O_o

Well, I was until I discovered the neolodge. Nothing ever happened to me, but I'm glad I know this now.

Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:33 pm

I've been almost exclusively feeding glowing jellies to my grundo. After a couple years (?) I think it made him sick one time (I forget the disease). But that's the only thing that has ever happened. I had to use a PB to actually get him to glow.

Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:48 pm

:o
Well, no more feeding Glowing Jellies to my Maraquan Elephante!

Thanks for posting that here... I would have been MAAAAD had that happened to me!

Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:49 pm

I've heard about this over here: http://www.meepitfiles.com/archives/000686.php

Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:12 pm

I've heard about this on Neoitems. It's both cool and not cool if you feed it to your painted pets. Just start feeding them lemon, lime, or strawberry jelly.

I heard you gotta feed them at least 200 of the type for it to work. I'm working on getting a glowing buzz with this rumor.

Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:18 pm

I never heard this, but just never fed them glowing jelly because I feared something like this. Now I might start feeding it to my Acara since I can't think of any other color to make her. Thanks for the warning and 'good' idea.

Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:25 pm

Oh my, thank you for posting this. I will stop feeding glowing jellies to my painted pets for sure.

Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:28 pm

skizzy the wonder lizard wrote::o

i have never heard of that happening! i won't be feeding any glowing jelly to my maraquan aisha, either. thanks for the warning.

what color was your pteri before? not something expensive, i hope.

I almost didn't make a post because I thought I just didn't know. I'm pretty active on Neopets so I thought well, If I didn't know, maybe other people didn't know too. I got lucky and got the lab to zap my Aisha into Darigan. That was my dream pet at the time, and still mostly is. If she turned into a Glowing Aisha, I'd probably cry lol.

Oh, and my Pteri was Red before. I was going to paint him Faerie, but I got caught up in my Taelia gallery. Glad I didn't.

Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:46 pm

Oh Kaebel, thank you for posting this. I too had heard that this was something that "could" happen, but I'd never actually heard of it happening. Needless to say, I won't be feeding glowing jelly to any of my pets except my glowing korbat and maybe my hissis, after looking to be sure that glowing isn't a color they can be painted.

I hope you're able to save up for the pb!

Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:10 pm

That might a good idea. I will take a look at which pets don't have glowing colors.
Last edited by kuroro on Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:12 pm

Gahh, freaky :o Thanks for the warning! *donates all her glowing jellies*

Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:21 pm

I never fed them to my pets because one got sick before. I just chuck them, along with all my other jellies in my SDB. Maybe I'll get a buzz and feed it only glowing jelly... Thats they ony one I like with glowing... *not a glowing fan*

But yes, Ive heard the rumor before.
Topic locked