For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Trophies

Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:41 pm

Do the high scores for games reset every day? If so, is it possible to play a game right after the scores are reset to win a trophy ( even with a bad score )?

Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:09 am

The scores reset on the 1st of each month. :)

Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:10 am

Game high scores reset the night of the last day of a month. So yes, it's possible to do it then... but since Neopets has so many people playing, unless you get a decent score, there will be a lot of people to knock you off before trophies are awarded (which is much later)

Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:41 am

How long does it usually take for a staff review of your highscore to be done? Hopefully by midnight today so I can get my trophy

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:38 am

But I thought on the first day of the month, the trophy is awarded at 3am NST and the score is reset at 12am NST? It that correct, because that's how I got my Defender Trophy (1st trophy)!

Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:10 am

On the first day of the month, scores reset around 12:20-12:30 am NST. Trophies aren't given out until between 4:30 and 4:45 am NST, so you have an approximately 4-hour window in which to try to get a great score. That's when most hardcore trophy-hunters are out playing, because it's the best time to earn trophies.

If your score is high enough to be reviewed, it won't appear on the tables until someone in the office reviews it. Since this is a weekend (and a holiday weekend besides), I wouldn't count on it appearing until Tuesday, and if you want a trophy your score better be REALLY high, because a lot of other people's reviewed scores will be showing up then, too.

Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:20 am

ira_7700 wrote:But I thought on the first day of the month, the trophy is awarded at 3am NST and the score is reset at 12am NST? It that correct, because that's how I got my Defender Trophy (1st trophy)!

oh, so the first round of trophies were already awarded. I'll keep that in mind next time.
Topic locked