For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Strange activity

Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:41 pm

Whenever I do something on neopets that gives a popup box, like when you restock or take np out of your bank account, the window freezes up. I haven't messed with my antiviruses or antispyware programs or anything lately exept for scanning the computer. I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser. Please help!

Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:11 am

Update your explorer or browser software.

I know!!

Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:03 am

In the click of my fingers, i knew.

It is because you are using a firewall. This has happened to me too. also, i was thinking that it was your browser (IE keeps on going outta my mind), was causing the prob. but im using Firefox aswell. so im very forgettfull. anyways, hope that helped!! :D :>

Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:56 pm

Umm, I don't think I have a firewall. And how are you supposed to update your browser? Actually the problem seems to be kinda intermittent but it's still annoying.

Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:52 am

I get that too actually. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled everything on my laptop and it still happens. :(

It mostly seems to happen on neopets.

Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:14 am

1. reinstall java runtime environment
2. reinstall flash and shockwave
3. If you have installed any windows updates in the last three weeks, go to your system restore and pick a date before those windows updates were installed.
4. Alternative to number 3, find someone here (in the computing forum) who can step you through working the firewall component to windows xp service pack 2.
5. To update your firefox software, just go to http://www.mozilla.org, find the link for "firefox browser," and install the latest version.

Combined, those oughta sort you out.

Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:16 am

Cool. Thanks. Will try that later :)
Topic locked