For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Neopets Birthday News! (November 15th)

Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:23 pm

15th November

* Exactly six years ago today Neopets first went live to the world. We have come a long way since those early days and would like to thank all our fans for supporting us and helping to grow into what we currently are. Here's to another great year!

Hurrah!

* There are some new Birthday-themed Poems for you to look at.

* You may notice a different side bar, this will be available to everyone all day long :)

* If you dare, you can try to face the mighty Razul in the Battledome...

* It wouldn't be a birthday without birthday cake would it? The Bakery has just finished mixing up four new cakes just for the occasion.

* Captain Threelegs has very kindly offered to give EVERY species of Neopet free training at his Swashbuckling Academy!!!

* If you can't make it to the bakery, never fear. There is a random event all day today that will be giving slices of Neopets birthday cake!

* Well done Chouy! You have just earned yourself a shiny Minigolf Spotlight trophy thanks to your level - Ebaforea.

* We have just added four new Buddy Icons with a happy birthday theme :)

* You can add one of these celebratory Shopkeepers to your shop or gallery...

* Try to get hold of one of these special birthday goodie bags. They are on sale at the Toy Shop and each contain lots of cool birthday surprises.

* This week's first Site Spotlight award has been given to _kristina_anne_, for their site - The Dieter Visitor Center.

* Don't forget that today is the ONLY day you can unlock the elusive Neopets Birthday avatar!!!

* Griffey89 has just walked away with this week's Faerie Caves Spotlight thanks to their level - Greed.

* The Art Gallery is packed full of Happy Birthday pictures. Thank you everyone that sent their drawings in!

I was slightly disappointed, anyone else? Last year seemed a lot more active.

Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:27 pm

yea i was also thinking that. they do have alot of stuff for the birthday but so much of it is because people from last year remembered it and i think neopets should tell everyone about all the cool stuff today. also te stuff that you can do today was the same stuff as last year, i would like to see some new celebrations for this year

Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:33 pm

Well, with all the glitches most of the birthday celebrations are being less cheery... I think they're focusing on that a little bit today (or hope... they could be partying instead...)

Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:21 pm

Challangers!
Im good.

(stupid me didnt notice this thread when i posted my own)

Edit:
Razul has an Ultra attack chive and a jade schorchstone...

Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:08 am

Can anyone say easiest avatar ever? :roll:

Least I don't have to stare at the godawful yellow sidebar though.

Don't forget that today is the ONLY day you can unlock the elusive Neopets Birthday avatar!!!

Yup, pretty elusive all right. rofl.

Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:29 am

Is it just me or did the chance for random events just spike up alot? Because I just a few pages I've gained a faerie quest, got a lab piece, gained np. And if it's just because of the birthday sidebar they probably made it better because I remember when it was birthday time that I didn't even get one random event, and now i'm getting tons.

Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:32 am

.:Requiem:. wrote:Can anyone say easiest avatar ever? :roll:

Least I don't have to stare at the godawful yellow sidebar though.

Don't forget that today is the ONLY day you can unlock the elusive Neopets Birthday avatar!!!

Yup, pretty elusive all right. rofl.

how do we get it?

Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:34 am

check the news

Re: Neopets Birthday News! (November 15th)

Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:06 am

Pixa wrote: * If you can't make it to the bakery, never fear. There is a random event all day today that will be giving slices of Neopets birthday cake!

Has anyone gotten this RE? I really want cake!

Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:10 am

Archimedes wrote:
Pixa wrote: * If you can't make it to the bakery, never fear. There is a random event all day today that will be giving slices of Neopets birthday cake!

I haven't gotten the cake either!
I hope I get it! :cry: :roflol:
I don't know whats so funny but its funny! :roflol:
Its also kinda sad... :roflol: :(

Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:41 am

Archimedes wrote:

I did get a piece of the 5th aniversary cake in RE. But IIRC i had that before too, so i guess is unrelated. It got stolen anyway... ****

Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:46 pm

Blk Mage wrote:Is it just me or did the chance for random events just spike up alot? Because I just a few pages I've gained a faerie quest, got a lab piece, gained np. And if it's just because of the birthday sidebar they probably made it better because I remember when it was birthday time that I didn't even get one random event, and now i'm getting tons.

I got a quest and an re about a grundo wanting to eat neopets for master. Other than that neopets was rather uneventful.

Perhaps I wasn't so lucky.

Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:10 am

I missed a good percent of the Bday.

I got up. I missed school because my brother didnt give me a ride. So I did some stuff, not a lot, because of lag, and glitches.

Got up, was on, took my pets out of training, entered them, re entered them.
Just as I was going to do buried treasure and WOE, my dad disconnected the internet because I missed school. D:

Four hours later I plead for five minutes on, so I can take my pets out from training, and re enter them.

thats about the extent of what I could do. Im very dissapointed. I could have had more time to train them two more times, if I didnt get booted off D|

-grumble-

Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:58 am

I know I'm a little late to inform you all about this (:P), but I really was expecting something, better. Just seems like last years was more fun.
Topic locked