For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Secret laboratory map

Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:08 am

I think it's time I buy the secret laboratory maps, but I'm not sure where to buy them.
Is it better to buy them at user shops, auctions or trading post? What should I pay for them?

Thanks

Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:53 pm

buying them individually is cheaper than buying a whole set, say from the trading post. And each piece is worth a different amount even though they're all named the same. So be careful when you're buying them through the wizard - make sure you look carefully at the pieces each time to make sure you aren't getting duplicates and also so you can get a feel for how much each piece costs.

Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:24 pm

Buying from a shop that has all the pieces at inflated prices is definately something to avoid, but you can buy them all together at once from the trading post. Research prices on all map pieces before you offer, though. Don't get suckered.

Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:58 pm

I really wouldn't recommend buying from the trading post, it takes way longer and it's easier to pay more than you should.

With patience and refreshing the shop wiz more than a couple of times you can find all the pieces at their bottom prices :) And if you are more patient you may make quite a saving, like my third whole lab map which I bought for a grand total of 130k :D And the whole petpet lab map I bought for less than 3k xD

Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:12 pm

You lucky...thing, you. >_<

Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:27 am

Trick wrote:I really wouldn't recommend buying from the trading post, it takes way longer and it's easier to pay more than you should.

With patience and refreshing the shop wiz more than a couple of times you can find all the pieces at their bottom prices :) And if you are more patient you may make quite a saving, like my third whole lab map which I bought for a grand total of 130k :D And the whole petpet lab map I bought for less than 3k xD

Very, VERY patient you are :P

I hope I might make some savings like that, but I don't know if I'll be able to measure up to your patience. I worked out, if you only spent 130k on the whole map, that means each piece would have been around 21k :O

That's a tad lower than the 45-50k they go for normally haha. You're a clever (and did I mention, patient?) cookie :P

Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:17 pm

Trick wrote:I really wouldn't recommend buying from the trading post, it takes way longer and it's easier to pay more than you should.

:o You are very lucky (or have a lot of patience XD)

Thanks everyone for the help. Now, let's see if I can get it cheap :evil:

Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:50 pm

Hee, luck and patience go a long way ^^ Though it only took a few days, if you keep your eyes peeled you can get some pieces for under 100nps each =)

Good luck getting your map :)
Topic locked