For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

World Challenges: top 3 (or whatev) high scores for the hour

Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:25 pm

... or most wins an hour?

What would hte pros and cons be?

Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:29 pm

You really ought to rephrase that question...

Getting multiple wins has the advantage of being easier (usually) and giving you some additional NP.

High score has the advantage of being faster, and for thsoe of us that get it regularly, easier. 95% of the pieces I've won from Mootix Drop have been from the high score.

Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:30 pm

With few exceptions (Sutek's Tomb being the only one I know of - only 1 score is needed for the hour in that game) you have to send 3 scores and have a rating of more than 0 to place ... unless you've gotten the high score for that hour.

Of course, now that scores carry over to the next hour if there's not enough players, things are easier, yet somehow more complicated. I know I've played 3 games in an hour, not had enough players, and 4 or 5 hours later get a neomail saying that I placed in that game and got a game piece. And some of them have said I placed below the top 3; so I got a map piece, but no np. Kind of weird!

Right now, I'm just trying to get the last 3 haunted woods pieces for set #1 - then I'm selling them :p

Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:23 am

Duke of Earl wrote:You really ought to rephrase that question...

Getting multiple wins has the advantage of being easier (usually) and giving you some additional NP.

High score has the advantage of being faster, and for thsoe of us that get it regularly, easier. 95% of the pieces I've won from Mootix Drop have been from the high score.

I was thinking the top places should all be based on highest scores for the hour not number of wins.

So the top 3 winners would all have the highest scores, not the highest tally.

The whole number of wins against random opponents tally just doesn't seem to be the best kind of gameplay. Too much work and it is more based on getting paired against someone with a bad score instead of you having a good score.

But then the high scorers would dominate. So I dunno.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:08 am

I like that the competitions are paired up randomly, it gives more people a chance. That's why it's a 'challenge' competition, you have to win the most challenges.

There's the WC high score for the hour, high score lists, trophies, and BTY for the best high scores.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:49 pm

everconfused wrote:With few exceptions (Sutek's Tomb being the only one I know of - only 1 score is needed for the hour in that game) you have to send 3 scores and have a rating of more than 0 to place ... unless you've gotten the high score for that hour.

Another World Challenge game where you only have to submit 1 score is Word Pyramid. I only have 2 pieces left to complete my map in the Lost Desert. Anyone know how much complete maps are selling for?? :)

Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:47 am

How much do world challenge map pieces sell for?

Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:06 am

endeavourl wrote:How much do world challenge map pieces sell for?

They are all over the place. from 4,000 np to 45,000 nps, even within the same map.

Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:16 am

Now my Lost Desert map is complete! But I can't decide whether to convert it or sell it!! Does anyone know if any petpage is keeping track of what prizes are being handed out from converting World Challenge maps?

EDIT: I just read on a couple petpages that people are beginning their games *before* the hour starts so that they get higher scores. After the hour begins, they click on the Play button on the World Challenge page and are able to submit their scores. Isn't this cheating? Or does TNT allow us to do this?? o_O
Topic locked