For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Malls

Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:02 am

I'm thinking of joining a mall but I don't know if it is worth it?

Do you guys think so?

Scarlett

Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:32 am

It all depends. Unless you're a famous player in the first place, they're not really that profitable.

I'm in one and don't make much more than I made on my own. I get a little surge when we change our graphic to something more eyecatching, or get on a HS table, but that's not exactly mall related. For me the mall is more of a social thing to connect with my friends and it links us together.

Themed shops within a mall that are clearly 'Kadotery foods' or 'Faerie Quest items' do quite well as people bookmark them. Thing is, you have to make it very eyecatching if you're not famous. And shop size is important so you can be listed on the Marketplace map (300+ shop size minimum).

More pluses than minuses in my book, but they do take time and effort to maintain.

Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:39 pm

Never got the mall idea.
Its not like in the real world, where we look for malls because we know that there is a big variety of items we need there. We have the shop wizard just as handy, where we can save hundreds of nps when looking for the cheapest price available.

And if you say: "you're famous and many people go to your shop", then your profits depend on the rate of new people who pay 6k for codestone just because they don't know the wiz... you can do exactly the same thing in the trading post, just say that an item costs 10k while it costs only 2k and hope for some newbie to bid on it. same idea.

Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:13 pm

lucifer wrote:Never got the mall idea.
Its not like in the real world, where we look for malls because we know that there is a big variety of items we need there. We have the shop wizard just as handy, where we can save hundreds of nps when looking for the cheapest price available.

And if you say: "you're famous and many people go to your shop", then your profits depend on the rate of new people who pay 6k for codestone just because they don't know the wiz... you can do exactly the same thing in the trading post, just say that an item costs 10k while it costs only 2k and hope for some newbie to bid on it. same idea.

I agree. I know better than to shop in the 'neo-malls.'

I dont think I could join one either. Even if I made a profit, I wouldnt like doing it by taking advantage of mostly new players unfamiliar with the true value of items, or using the shop wizard.
Topic locked